TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, SteveStL said:

2026, 2026...... 2026!!???

speechless.  seriously speechless.  

2026 is the restoration of the Smithsonian Carousel.

when you have artisans fully restoring the horses/chariots/seats one or two at a time?   Yes, it takes a long time.

assume ~1 month for each horse.. . so let's assume 56 horses (on a standard carousel).   divide by 2, because we're going to assume they are going to do 2 at a time (ie: hired two artisans).
that will take 2.4 years.

Smithsonian is saying 2026, that's 3 1/2 years from now. . . so they either have only one artisan working it, or it's taking longer than 1 month per feature.

regardless, a true restoration takes time.

and that's why those continually bitching about SFStL are just noise. . because they don't care about the facts, they just want to complain.

(complain that the park didn't bring in a temporary replacement during the refurbishment?  yeah, right there with you on that. .and the park SHOULD still do that for the current season).   but just bitching it's taking a long time?   yeah, that's just bitching to bitch about it).

• Like 4

It's not so much bitching about it as it is purely making fun of the park. It's just laughable at this point. One month each horse? Cool. Bring in more people to do the job.

Again. This is Six Flags. Relatively no one cares about this grand carousel. At the Smithsonian, people will actually pay attention to it, because they visit to appreciate things like restoration.

The juice ain't worth the squeeze at a Walmart theme park.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 11:13 AM, Danrarbc said:

Oh crap is Six Flags St. Louis also restoring this carousel for the Smithsonian? 

Fw0ORCQXgAAHJ4r.jpeg

22 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

The fun part is that carousel will end up being down for 6 years, and people are fed up with SFStL taking 2.5 years.

Really. You had to open up this can of worms. Again. Shame on you 😉 And 2026 for this carousel is 3 years from now, unless it actually went down in 2020?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

That's the modern standard, Steve.

A church I attended when I was a child was completely refurbished in about 6 months, inside and out. It's massive. Original artwork throughout the huge insanely tall ceilings. Every pew was refinished. The stained glass was repaired. There was remodeling of areas. All of the stonework on the outside was cleaned. New concrete was added to the front. All while we used it.

In half the timeline the carousel has taken to be refurbished:

-Businesses from the ground up have opened in my town.

-A massive park with a, splash pad, and play playground has been a behind my house.

-Multiple roller coasters have been constructed

-A new fire station was planned and constructed in my town.

-I started a new position at work, got fully trained, left that job, started another one, and am already familiar enough with it to be training others.

-I've owned four different cars

-And I've had four family members die...

Oh, and I just learned that the cars are on the track at Indiana Beach for a roller coaster that killed someone, was dismantled, completely refurbished, and reassembled in another country.

Wasn't Kentucky Kingdom refurbished in less time, including the construction of a new roller coaster?

Lastly, I can imagine the Smithsonian is going to put in a lot more work on their restoration than SFSTL is.

Yet, people want to tell me that I should feel unreasonable, just because another carousel is taking a hilarious amount of time to refurbish?

Nope. Don't care. Sorry. I've eaten a lot of crow in my life, but I'm not settling for this as a "gotcha" moment.

So if SFSTL is so awful and you don't give a shit about it; why do you keep coming on here to talk about it? I think I asked you once before when you were criticizing "thoosies" why you kept engaging them if you didn't like them. Don't think I got an answer but maybe I missed it. Guess what? If you picked any 3 year period we've all had a lot of stuff happen. So what? What's the point? It will take as long as it takes to do it properly as has been stated a million times before. It isn't a competition to be done faster than events in your life. You think it's too long? Cool. Don't worry about it. Don't come to the park for the carousel. Want to ride one with your daughter then how about the one at the zoo, or Faust Park, or city museum, or the mall, or any of a hundred other places. It can be a crappy one, you already said it doesn't matter. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SteveStL said:

2026, 2026...... 2026!!???

speechless.  seriously speechless.  

I think you misread that into meaning the SFSTL carousel will not be done until 2026 but it's the Smithsonian one that won't be done until 2026. SFSTL at last update is planned for re opening this year, hopefully in time for National Carousel Day on July 25 but obviously that's not been announced as a for sure yet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, teacherkim said:

I think you misread that into meaning the SFSTL carousel will not be done until 2026 but it's the Smithsonian one that won't be done until 2026. SFSTL at last update is planned for re opening this year, hopefully in time for National Carousel Day on July 25 but obviously that's not been announced as a for sure yet.

Oh Jeez, yep I did exactly that.  Sorry all.

• Like 1

The hell is a thoosie?

23 hours ago, teacherkim said:

It isn't a competition to be done faster than events in your life.

No shit?

This project. Still always. And forever. Hilarious to me.

Figured I would share the member update email from Selim...

Dear Valued Diamond Elite VIP Members,

I hope this message finds you as happy and excited as I am to welcome the upcoming summer season at Six Flags. More of our parks are about to open and welcome guests from all over for some serious fun and family time. I've been strolling through some of our parks lately, and let me tell you, the renewed smiles and laughter from our guests are simply infectious!

This year’s Spring Break introduced Scream Break, a brand-new event to several parks. And the best part? Our Pass Holders and Members got to enjoy it for free. We value your loyalty and will continue to show our appreciation with perks like this, so keep an eye out.

Our lineup of events this season has something for everyone, from returning favorites like Viva La Fiesta and Pride Celebration to new festivals making their delicious debut. You do not want to miss out on the unique dining experience of Flavors of the World. With seven countries to explore in just one day, your palate is in for a treat.

We're also spicing up your summer nights with a bang, quite literally! Join us on select Fridays and Saturdays, July through August for an amazing firework show that'll light up the sky and your family's faces. It's the perfect way to cap off a day of thrills and laughter, so bring your loved ones along for an experience they won't forget. Find participating parks and dates for all these amazing events on our website.

We're not only adding new events to our calendar, but new rides and attractions to several of our parks. From the KID FLASH Cosmic Coaster to the Dino Off Road Adventure, we've got thrills and spills for all ages. We recently unveiled AQUAMAN™: Power Wave, the first-of-its-kind water coaster in North America at Six Flags Over Texas, and our Pass Holders were lucky enough to enjoy exclusive ride times. Come on over and ride the wave of excitement with us!

Whether you visit for exclusive ride times or a new event, you can enter the park as a VIP. Our newly implemented Diamond VIP entrances let you access the park away from the crowds with a dedicated entrance, now at all parks.

As a token of our appreciation, I'll be sending surprise gifts to randomly selected Pass Holders throughout the 2023 season. Please make sure you're registered and your info is up to date at sixflags.com/pass.

To all our amazing pass holders, thank you for being part of the Six Flags family. Let's create some unforgettable memories together!

Cheers,

Selim Bassoul
Chief Executive Officer

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tinaalsgirl said:

I had to look it up, but apparently "thoosie" is slang for "roller coaster enthusiast."

If I ever told someone I was a "thoosie" I would hope they would have enough dignity to never talk to me again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh for f**cks it's a common slang expression, I find it hard to believe you are on this forum and have never heard it before.........but whatever that wasn't the point of the post. Sigh. Let's just let it go. Again.

• Like 1

Apparently memberships have returned.

Well. One membership. The $140 diamond pass is no longer the cheapest way to get all-parks access now.

Screenshot2023-06-03at3_03_01PM.thumb.png.1a6af77f482b54b0877b4835bea57669.png

This is basically a Platinum pass sold as a membership with all parks access and VIP entrance privileges added on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was posted on the La Ronde Screamscape page: The thing to point out here is Gravitor which is our old Rush Street Flyer ride. If they don't want it they need to bring it back here. I'd rather have Rush Street over Fireball ANY DAY! 

Park News - (7/12/2023) Screamscape was sent some sad news about the state of things at La Ronde. According to our source the park’s galloping carousel, Le Galopant, which has been closed for the past four years may never ride again, as the funds needed to repair it have been deemed as being too costly. Other complaints claim that the Gravitor has been sitting closed since the start of the season

21 hours ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

This was posted on the La Ronde Screamscape page: The thing to point out here is Gravitor which is our old Rush Street Flyer ride. If they don't want it they need to bring it back here. I'd rather have Rush Street over Fireball ANY DAY! 

Park News - (7/12/2023) Screamscape was sent some sad news about the state of things at La Ronde. According to our source the park’s galloping carousel, Le Galopant, which has been closed for the past four years may never ride again, as the funds needed to repair it have been deemed as being too costly. Other complaints claim that the Gravitor has been sitting closed since the start of the season

Chance falling stars are easily one of my favorite rides. Chance really needs to redesign it and bring it back 

On 7/12/2023 at 2:46 PM, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

According to our source the park’s galloping carousel, Le Galopant, which has been closed for the past four years may never ride again

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

From the Six Flags STL Facebook page...

The Freaks phoned...they will be arriving early this year. That's right, Fright Fest and Boo Fest will start Saturday, September 16! Mark your calendars...change your plans...be here. #sixflagsstlouis #frightfest #boofest

Looks like the part is going to try and maximize the money by starting earlier this year.

23 hours ago, JimH2K said:

From the Six Flags STL Facebook page...

The Freaks phoned...they will be arriving early this year. That's right, Fright Fest and Boo Fest will start Saturday, September 16! Mark your calendars...change your plans...be here. #sixflagsstlouis #frightfest #boofest

Looks like the part is going to try and maximize the money by starting earlier this year.

It is, and always has been, their biggest money maker by a very wide margin.

9 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

I have a question. Here at SFOT our Mr. Freeze now has one train running forward and the other backwards. I was wondering if they were doing the same with SFSTL's Mr. Freeze.

It would be great if they did this. I'm kind of tired of the backwards launch.  

• Like 2