TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Dear people posting to our forum. If something insane that you wrote leads to you getting banned, sending us an obnoxious email like this isn't going to help you get unbanned from our forums...

325152318_ScreenShot2016-09-06at13_38_53.png.451851b954476dc286c75f8dcf14df85.png

Sorry, but this sort of self-entitled "It's not MY fault it's YOUR fault" kind of attitude displayed in this email is a perfect example of the type of crazy person we DON'T want on our forum. Had he written something polite and apologetic, I absolutely would have considered lifting the ban.

In short, I'm just happy I received this email as it justifies even more us removing another terrible person from the forum in an effort to weed out insane people to make the content better quality for everyone else to read.

--Robb "The crazy people always seem to weed themselves out..." Alvey

I'll admit that my family and I went to the park yesterday and had a miserable time. However, we should have known better than to go. Food lines were crazy (45 mins for a pretzel at HH, nothing else was open yet). But the heat was what killed us. We ended up leaving at 3:30 (arrived at 10am) and lines for food still looked to be at least 30 minutes.

We will be back in Oct.

I can pack a much healthier, tastier, fresher, and higher quality lunch than anything Six Flags can offer. I don't understand why people still buy food from Six Flags, unless in extreme cases where unintentionally that becomes your only option.

Well if one has a dining plan and is on vacation, I'd imagine it would a conveinence thing not having to pack a cooler of food when visiting multiple parks.

I can pack a much healthier, tastier, fresher, and higher quality lunch than anything Six Flags can offer. I don't understand why people still buy food from Six Flags, unless in extreme cases where unintentionally that becomes your only option.

I don't understand why people keep CHOOSING to stand in long lines and then complain about it. This makes ZERO sense to me. People can come up with any excuses they want to try to justify their own stupidity, but if you have a dining plan, and you go to the park regularly, and you know the hours of the dining plan, then you should also know what the peak and non-peak hours are for using that plan.

There is just NO EXCUSE for people who go during the peak hours, waiting in long lines, and the complain about it.

I don't care park you're at, food lines are going to be long EVERYWHERE during peak hours. That is not a Six Flags St. Louis thing. That's not even a Six Flags thing. It completely boggles my mind that this is even a discussion on a theme park enthusiast site. It should have been one person that was all "Yeah, I went to get food at 1pm and I waited in a long line. I can't believe how bad the service is." And then like EVERYONE ELSE on this forum should have been "Wow, you're an idiot."

But instead, it seems like everyone else here is also making the same mistakes.

I don't get it.

But then again, I also don't get why about 70 people emailed me and asked me for a confirmation email for West Coast Bash when part of the email they sent me included quoting the confirmation email that was sent to them.

Idiocracy is happening, people. The last several pages of this thread is absolute PROOF!

Edited by robbalvey

One thing to consider regarding this food service issue that hasn't been mentioned (mentioned much?) is that while the dining pass lunch hours begin at 11:30, it's not as simple as just hitting the one you want right away...as it sometimes becomes a game of "which food establishment is going to be open today?". They don't always open on time...if at all.

Also, some of us enthusiasts have small children. Planning my park visits without kids is a completely different experience than doing it with kids. This is why the dining plan is so attractive (I hated dragging them all of the way out of the park...and packing multiple lunches...bah). Six Flags knows how they're making their money at SFStl right now (assuming they are making money...which I certainly hope they're doing), but it doesn't seem to center on the guest experience.

I frequent about 7 boards on tpr, and this is the only one where these food service complaints exist...and they're deafening. There's a million different parks though...so is there another? Honest question.

One thing to consider regarding this food service issue that hasn't been mentioned (mentioned much?) is that while the dining pass lunch hours begin at 11:30, it's not as simple as just hitting the one you want right away...as it sometimes becomes a game of "which food establishment is going to be open today?". They don't always open on time...if at all.

Fowl Ball wasn't open on Saturday, but almost everything else was other than many of the tiny stands.

Yes, it would help move lines along if the refill only drink lines were staffed maybe they could consider turning the fountain around and have it be self-service - no need to staff it. Then again how much extra maintenance would that be?

While it was a few pages back, just like beetle juice, three posts that include "HWFan" summon me.

As usual, I have a small litany of little things to address:

1. To the person talking about being sent up to Season Pass Services, waiting in line, and finding out that their dining passes were already on their passes... Your experience is the exception, not the rule. At least when I worked in Guest Relations, a very small percentage of Guests' dining passes would already be on their season passes. However, when the percentage of Guests like that is less than 5%, I think you'd agree that it makes sense to check every Guest. The park's (very hardworking) GR staff want to make sure any problems are taken care of being you wait in line at a restaurant to use your pass.

2. To the person who posted the Pandemonium retheme joke and also to the person who didn't get the joke... I actually didn't get the joke either until my boss, who thought it was hilarious, showed me. Thank you OP for adding some light humor to this forum.

3. To the poster who talked about using 4 wheel drive to conquer the parking lot and a weed eater to get to a restaurant... You have the potential of being a great satirist, like Mark Twain, even though I don't think that your post was intended to be satire.

4. To my BFF prozach... Your post comparing the parking lot complaints to Holiday World was excellent. After visiting Holiday World six weeks ago, I was really tempted to write two separate trip reports: one from the mindset of if it was a Six Flags park and one from the rational mindset of it, while having flaws, being an absolutely fantastic park. (P.S. For me, the most embarrassing part of the SFSL lot and entrance/exit roads was the almost translucent paint. However, the paint crew recently invested lots of time & money repainting all of the lines, which especially look great on the exit road. Heck, they even did the small employee lot too.)

5. To the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, I want to sincerely thank you for awarding me this Golden Globe, and thank you to everyone who helped me get this far.

6. To the person who leaked the ride early... Why ya gotta be like that bro? However, I did enjoy how I was one of the main suspects, even though I never even saw the leak until the afternoon of September 1st.

7. To everyone who visited this past weekend... I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to visit the park, even if everything wasn't perfect.

8. Finally, to the sometimes-criticized man who took the time to get some Steak n Shake with me recently... I want to say #ThanksPete.

My brother wanted me to ask here: if you bought the recent Gold Season Pass for this and next year, does it get you parking on your first visit with the paper tickets to get into the park to get your pass?

They will scan your paper twice. Once at the parking toll booth and another time at the front gate where they'll take your right index finger print and issue your card with everything loaded on it (parking, discounts, meal plan if bought)

Rob can I politely ask you to stop calling us idiots? If you do not frequent this park, you really can't chime in without the whole story. Ive visited many times and had similar experiences at non-peak times. The main problem is many places do not have systems in place. For example, JBs Smokehouse usually has a shorter wait because you pay in one area, get a buzzer, and pick up at another location when ready. Johnny Rockets however. I went about 11:30 or noon and waited about 45 minutes. Got line was quick, but the cooks somehow where getting wrong orders. Customers where being told to wait for food in three different spots and orders where going all over the place to wrong people. If you haven't experienced this, then I would really appreciate it if you'd chill on the name calling.

Rob can I politely ask you to stop calling us idiots?

I love that when complaining about being called an idiot, you couldn't even spell his name right.

Anyway I agree with Robb. If you get a dining pass then you're limiting yourself to certain hours and certain food locations as a trade-off for a really great deal. There are 2 very logical approaches to this. One of which is to eat at a peak time because that's when you want to eat but know going into it that the line will be long and don't bitch about it when it is, or eat at an off peak time so you don't have to wait in line. Simple.

Personally I don't have a dining plan. I pay a little more this way, but being able to eat at Panda Express at Great Adventure (which isn't on the dining plan) is like having a Flash Pass for food. Especially during Holiday in the Park. Plus it's better than anything else they offer during that event (except the food trucks they bring in which also aren't on the dining plan).

Edited by coasterbill

Rob can I politely ask you to stop calling us idiots?

Nope. But I will politely ban you from our page.

I'm sorry, but i don't need to frequent the park to know I'm right about how to visit theme parks. And if you don't like that, which obviously you don't, then you're not someone we need on our page.

Bu-Bye.

--Robb "PS. My name is Robb." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I can't believe how many posts were spent talking about the inconvenience of getting pseudo-free food.

Also, let's be real: season dining plans at theme parks are primarily for parents to buy their kids when they treat the parks like day cares for their tween.

I can't believe how many posts were spent talking about the inconvenience of getting pseudo-free food.

THIS!!!!

Also, let's be real: season dining plans at theme parks are primarily for parents to buy their kids when they treat the parks like day cares for their tween.

And DOUBLE THIS!!!

DON"T EAT THE TRASH FOOD AT THE PARK AND ALL THESE PROBLEMS GO AWAY!

TRIPLE THIS!!!!

I really would like to believe that the people who post on our forums are "smarter than your average guest." And honestly, after the insane amount of CRAP I've seen posted this year, more than any other year on our forums, I need to take a zero tolerance policy and get rid of the crap.

I want the forums to be someplace for "smart" theme park fans to discuss their visits, not look like your typical guest relations lines filled with horrible people complaining about the most mundane things.

Sorry if I've been coming off as harsh lately, but I simply cannot take it anymore. Those of you who are not offended by it, well, you're exactly the kind of people we want here at TPR!

Edited by robbalvey

HWFan, I'm the one who posted about using four wheel drive to conquer the parking lot and a weed eater to get to Justice League, and yes, it was satire. That's why I said that the park was EXACTLY like described in this forum.

Does anyone know why the park will be open from 5pm -9pm on September 24th? It is not a typo, we were handed a flyer when we visited the park on Sunday that stated the shorter hours. I have never seen them do this before.

There is a private event at the park from 11 am-5pm.