TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I'm planning to be at the park sometime during the week of July 25 through July 29, and I wanted to make sure none of those days are bring-a-friend-free days. Would someone be able to tell me how to check this? Thanks.

I don't know how to tell another person to check it, but it's in the app or the season pass website. That week is bring a friend for $22. It'll be more crowded but obviously way less so than free.

SFSTL also moving in on the poke-craze.

Holiday World was pushing Pokemon Go before SFSL.

Not to keep felatiating them, but they did

For an introduction, I just want to clarify that I'm not b**ching at all, mostly because I just don't care. However, after seeing that SFoG will likely get a Justice League, I'm a little puzzled. Won't this now be the 3rd or 4th park to get this ride? Josh, I thought corporate was really trying to sell our Justice League ride like it was going to be one of a very few or very unique, at the time of the announcement? Instead, it 'seems' to be just another Larson Loop or Free Spin dime/dozen attraction. Maybe my memory is incorrect, but I really thought that JL was being touted as an original attraction and we were going to be blessed to have one?

With repeated cloned attractions and VR speading faster than Zika, even on good rides like Raging Bull, it seems like the day for us finally getting SF Season passes and going park hopping are even further away than I thought. I suggested getting SF season passes sometime within the next couple years to Emily and she responded with simply, "Um... no."

For an introduction, I just want to clarify that I'm not b**ching at all, mostly because I just don't care. However, after seeing that SFoG will likely get a Justice League, I'm a little puzzled. Won't this now be the 3rd or 4th park to get this ride? Josh, I thought corporate was really trying to sell our Justice League ride like it was going to be one of a very few or very unique, at the time of the announcement? Instead, it 'seems' to be just another Larson Loop or Free Spin dime/dozen attraction. Maybe my memory is incorrect, but I really thought that JL was being touted as an original attraction and we were going to be blessed to have one?

With repeated cloned attractions and VR speading faster than Zika, even on good rides like Raging Bull, it seems like the day for us finally getting SF Season passes and going park hopping are even further away than I thought. I suggested getting SF season passes sometime within the next couple years to Emily and she responded with simply, "Um... no."

I'm not real clear on how, exactly, putting a clone of the ride in Georgia detracts from the experience of the ride in St. Louis. Please enlighten me.

Won't this now be the 3rd or 4th park to get this ride?"

Actually, it would be the fifth (Over Texas, St. Louis, Mexico, and Great America).

Honestly, it seems that most Six Flags parks will receive one in the near future.

I'm not real clear on how, exactly, putting a clone of the ride in Georgia detracts from the experience of the ride in St. Louis. Please enlighten me.

A reasonable explanation is a decent number of people live between parks, and those of us in the area want to see our park do well. A park 6 hours to the north and 8 hours to the east also having our supposedly star attraction hurts SFSL.

Yes I get that Six Flags wants multiples of successful rides, but it absolutely hurts the original parks. The BTTR clones probably slowed the transformation of SFGA into a flagship.

I've always said you're going to have a good time at Six Flags, unless you're determined not to.

I couldn't agree more. What's more fun than going to a place to ride roller coasters? (besides SDC because it does literally everything well, especially the roller coasters)

Won't this now be the 3rd or 4th park to get this ride?"

Actually, it would be the fifth (Over Texas, St. Louis, Mexico, and Great America).

Honestly, it seems that most Six Flags parks will receive one in the near future.

It seems Great Adventure is on tap for a Justice League in 2017 as well.

I see where you're coming from, but I have a feeling that language was chosen as a result of the SFStL version (alongside SFOT) being the first ones. I always felt the chain had every intention of reproducing these rides across several of the parks.

Haters gonna hate. I've always said you're going to have a good time at Six Flags, unless you're determined not to. Guess we know his determination.

While true that you can always create your own fun - I've long felt that SFSTL has become rather stale and thus why I didn't even bother to renew my pass this year or even go to the park. Depending on travel plans for next year I might reconsider but SF will have to actual put in a destination coaster somewhere to make even think about it.

It doesn't necessarily. It really only may detract from the experience if you'd like to hit several Six Flags parks in a season and they all start looking and feeling very much alike. It just seemed like when JL came out it was promoted as something really special. Although I suppose it was my misinterpretation, it just seemed like it was talked about in such a way where it wasn't going to be the kind of attraction that was generically placed into every other park in the chain.

I see where you're coming from, but I have a feeling that language was chosen as a result of the SFStL version (alongside SFOT) being the first ones. I always felt the chain had every intention of reproducing these rides across several of the parks.

This is probably so.

When St. Louis got Justice League, we the employees were told that this was "our hyper coaster" by members of upper management. So it very much detracts from our ride if every other park gets one too. Once again SFSTL has nothing special and unique.

When St. Louis got Justice League, we the employees were told that this was "our hyper coaster" by members of upper management. So it very much detracts from our ride if every other park gets one too. Once again SFSTL has nothing special and unique.

I think a highly customized ride like this wouldn't exist at all at a Six Flags park if they couldn't spread the development costs across multiple installations. I'd rather have it at multiple parks than not have it at all -- it's a great ride.

I'm planning to visit the park on Thursday and Friday, July 28 and 29. What size of crowds should I expect? If anyone has any tips, including what time to eat, I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks.

It might be a little crowded on those days, but Justice League and Hurricane Harbor should eat up the crowds.

I recommend riding Justice League first to get the long line over with. For the eating time, try eating around 1-2 for lunch and (if you're staying all day) maybe get your hand stamped and check out what Eureka has to offer for dinner.

and maybe bring a small fan with you. It gets pretty hot here.

And avoid Ninja. It's a trap!

I'm planning to visit the park on Thursday and Friday, July 28 and 29. What size of crowds should I expect? If anyone has any tips, including what time to eat, I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks.

I have had good luck dining just when the lunch and dinner hours start. This works for me because A) I have a season pass and am never in a hurry to ride rides and - B) I usually only go for a half day at a time and either start with dinner or lunch. in and out of the park in less than 3-4 hours. I have had better luck the farther I am from the main entrance.

PS I live about 15 min from the park so I use the park as a distraction and it's worth it to me to just go in for dinner or lunch.

I have the Gold pass - the "go fresh Cafe" has had the best food there so far "JB's smoke house" second best

"Mooseburger" not so much but usually less crowded at meal start time.

my opinions - YMMV

Kevin