TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

Its a Small World - Magic Kingdomハ ハ The potential for disaster at Its A Small World makes for a highly combustible situation. Someone could easily jump in the water head first in an attempt to drown themselves, or they could stand up and open fire on every prop, person or audio animatronic within sight in a futile attempt to make that frickin' song stop!

I got this from the Netcot Podcast it's great!

And the above could easily happen!

• 1 month later...

Some new information on the "Villages Nature".

A message of harmony between Man and Nature

Harmony between Man and Nature is central to the Villages Nature concept. As a mixed-use resort, Villages Nature will work with visionary landscape architects to develop new lodging and leisure experiences that will provide multiple opportunities for visitors to interact with nature. These activities would be centered on gardening, boating, hiking, horse-back riding, visiting an organic farm, walking along discovery paths, and enjoying seasonal festivals and culinary events. The entire resort will be developed around its iconic 3,500msquared geothermal lagoon, and the adjacent water park which will be the largest in Europe.

The Villages Nature site is located 6 Km south of Disneyland Paris, north of the Brie Forest (in French: Brie Boisee), in Seine-et-Marne. This project, which could span up to 500 hectares and be developed over a 20-year timeframe, will be launched depending on market conditions. The first phase would be comprised of 175 hectares and could open in 2015.

Complementary expertise on a shared project

Euro Disney and Pierre & Vacances have studied together the Villages Nature project. The two Groups have common values and complementary expertise, which serve as the foundation of their partnership.

Villages Nature is a resort concept designed to appeal to European consumers, offering them a unique experience based on connecting with nature. As a short and medium-break vacation destination, Villages Nature will provide a relaxing and immersive experience in the heart of nature - with 90% of the resort retained as green space. The destination will offer a number of recreational and learning activities that will inspire future generations to value conservation.

For this project, the partners have created a 50/50 joint-venture, with Companies' respective CEOs, Gerard Bremond and Philippe Gas, acting as co-Chairmen of the managing entity, and Dominique Cocquet as General Manager.

A commitment to sustainable development

To develop a Sustainable Action Plan and position Villages Nature as a reference of eco-tourism in Europe, the partners have been inspired by the "One Planet Living" methodology (http://www.oneplanetliving.org) developed by BioRegional and WWF International .

The Sustainable Action Plan relies on the following 10 key, measurable targets aimed at reducing as much as possible the destination's ecological footprint, ensuring social responsibility, and developing synergies with the local communities:

* Zero carbon

* Zero waste

* Sustainable transportation

* Local and sustainable materials

* Local and sustainable food products

* Sustainable water

* Natural habitats and wild life

* Culture and heritage

* Local partnerships and fair trade

* Quality of life and well-being

The two Companies partner with experts to meet the Sustainable Action Plan and implement relevant solutions. For example, the destination's overall heating needs will be provided by a deep geothermal source. Emanating from 1,800 meters under the project site, the 78degreesC water will be used for heating before it is recycled back into the water table, producing no greenhouse gas emissions.

An opportunity for institutional and individual investors

The first phase of Villages Nature would include the construction of 1,730 apartments or cottages, and measuring between 32 msquared and 85 msquared, located within three villages: two villages around the lake and one village in the forest. Indoor and outdoor leisure facilities are also planned, for a total 70,000 msquared area.

Based on the 40-year proven real estate development model of Pierre & Vacances, the apartments and cottages would be sold to individual investors as tourism residences (in French : Residences de Tourisme) while facilities would be sold to institutional investors. The housing units and facilities will be leased and managed by the Villages Nature operating company.

An economic project committed to its region

During various study phases of the project there has been an active dialogue with local stakeholders. Public officials from the local area presented their concerns, and many of their expectations have been considered in the project scope. Both the Seine-et-Marne General Council and the Ile-de-France Regional Council have voted their support to the project. In the months and years ahead, additional information will be shared and active dialogue will continue with surrounding communities to ensure the project remains well integrated into the community.

Villages Nature will aim to be a strong economic and social contributor to the region. When completed and fully operational, the first phase is expected to generate approximately EUR7 million in local taxes per year, and create 4,500 jobs, 1,600 of which will be direct. We will proactively work with local, public employment agencies to promote job opportunities for residents, and will reach out to local stakeholders for sourcing and synergies.

About Euro Disney S.C.A.

The Group operates Disneyland® Paris which includes: Disneyland® Park, Walt Disney Studios® Park, seven themed hotels with approximately 5,800 rooms (excluding approximately 2,400 additional third-party rooms located on the site), two convention centers, Disney® Village, a dining, shopping and entertainment centre, and a 27-hole golf course. The Group's operating activities also include the development of 2,230 hectare site, half of which is yet to be developed. Euro Disney S.C.A.'s shares are listed and traded on Euronext Paris. s. http://corporate.disneylandparis.com

About the Group Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs

Created in 1967, the Groupe Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs is the European leader in local tourism. Its unique economic model is based on the synergies between tourism and property development. Today, the Group offers 7 tourism brands: Pierre & Vacances, Maeva, Center Parcs, Sunparks, Adagio, Citea and Hotels Latitudes. Its tourist accommodations include close to 50,000 apartments and housing in Europe, or 230,000 beds, with 7.3 million hosts per year.

Link

• 3 months later...

http://magical-moments.disneylandparis.co.uk/festival/programme-5/stunt-show-spectacular-featuring-lightning-mcqueen#more

Moteurs… Action! Stunt Show Spectacular® featuring Lightening McQueen*

LOOK OUT! LIGHTNING MCQUEEN IS LANDING AT THE MOTEURS…ACTION! STUNT SHOW SPECTACULAR®

The jaw-dropping, fi re-leaping and wheel-screeching car stunt show. NEW special appearance by Lightening McQueen

cadrage-photo-parades_12.jpg.a4551e3b56030b37734c437a742ff821.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Disneyland Paris theme park closed its "Thunder Mountain" train ride Monday the 25th of April after a piece of scenery fell onto one of the carriages and injured five people, one seriously.

"A piece of scenery made from fibreglass and wood broke off and fell onto one of the trains. There were 25 people on board," said Thierry Bonnet, deputy prefect for the Seine-et-Marne region where the park is located.

The ride was closed but the rest of the park stayed open after the accident.

IMG_5042.JPG.697350ad01910a779510e46964832ddf.JPG

Big Thunder Mountain Disneyland Paris ...

From A Article here

Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Park has been temporarily closed following an incident at around 2.50pm earlier today. An element of decorative rockwork is reported to have come loose, striking guests riding the Frontierland mine train roller coaster. Five injuries are now confirmed, including one guest “seriously” injured — a 38-year old man who was apparently struck on the head by the resin element and has been taken to Beaujon hospital in Clichy-sur-Seine (Hauts-de-Seine) with a head injury. Initial reports had suggested this was merely a precautionary measure and a spokesperson later appeared to downplay the seriousness of the injury in a statement given to the AFP, clearly stating it was not life-threatening. According to Le Parisien, his family will be accommodated and looked after by Disneyland Paris tonight and for any duration he may remain in hospital. The four other guests, with only minor injuries, were treated on the spot and returned to the park.

The prop rock is said to have fallen in the final lift hill scene (“Lift C”), where the train climbs amid a simulated rumbling earthquake as the faux rockwork creaks and moves overhead. As is procedure, the attraction remains closed until further notice pending a full investigation.

4593_1-600x399.jpg.552515233d056d36919d4c8b8809b71a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of ride is it? Dark Ride? Pretty much what I am asking is why is it an E Ticket? I LOVE Ratatouille, so I am looking forward to this. If there ever is the TPR super Disney trip(all the disney parks) then I am already saving up as I wanna get to them all! This sounds great!

What kind of ride is it? Dark Ride? Pretty much what I am asking is why is it an E Ticket? I LOVE Ratatouille, so I am looking forward to this. If there ever is the TPR super Disney trip(all the disney parks) then I am already saving up as I wanna get to them all! This sounds great!

Ok, some facts and info:

- Ratatouille is a dark ride with trackless vehicles.

- Disney estimates the cost between 130 and 150 million U.S. dollar.

- The ride is believed to contain 3D elements. Most likely 3D projections in hemispherical domes, like the domes in The Forbidden Journey (IoA). Some sort of mix between Superman the Ride and The Forbidden Journey, right?

- When guests arrive in the Ratatouille area they will find not only the attraction itself, but also a boutique, a small plaza, restrooms and maybe a Paris backdrop painting. A restaurant would be perfectly logical in a Ratatouille area but nothing is confirmed yet on that one.

- The queue area of the attraction should be brilliantly themed, as the queue line decor will put the guests on the rooftops of Paris with breathtaking height feeling, thanks to forced perspective.

- Ratatouille's ride will officially open in 2013.

Test dome that was shipped from Europe to the Imagineers.

Random artwork created in the infamous 'blue sky' stage of the project.

Location.

Here is the current state of the building site.

(Most information comes from disneyandmore.blogspot.com)

The rumors I have heard about this ride are nearly enough to convince me to go back to the Disneyland Paris Resort.

May I ask what you don't like about Disneyland Paris?

Besides un-Disney like employees, painful coasters and horrible operations?

The rumors I have heard about this ride are nearly enough to convince me to go back to the Disneyland Paris Resort.

I love Disneyland Paris and have been 8 times, haven't experienced a what you've said except although not so much painful - the rides with overhead harnesses are placed too low down in the karts so my shoulders are being pushed down and the restraints not being able to close properly.. usually still 45 degree in angle.. Would love for them to update their trains!

Dont forget about the people that pee in the lines and the rides running with half the show not working too! (Both of these happened when I was there.)

On the plus side, Paris Disneyland is a beautiful park with the best versions of the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Big Thunder Mountain (that is, when chunks don't fall off and hit people).

On the minus side, the customer service is definitely a step or two down from other Disney parks. The food, oddly enough, isn't that great. It also has Disney's two worst coasters ever--Indiana Jones and their version of Space Mountain.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed my visit there and would happily go there again. But the best park in Europe is Europa.

Edited by cfc

I find staff there very pleasant and nice!

I don't find coasters there that painful and

have had no problems regarding to the operations

I suppose either I was lucky at all of my 5 visits there or you guys have been rather unlucky.

The only thing that freaks me out there are the hotels with their rediculous prices and rubbish standards.