TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Assigned seating seems good for people who really don't care where they sit. A good idea would be to assign for all of the cars except for the front and back, and have a seperate queue for those cars.

Agreed. To me, Giant is bleh (relatively speaking) anywhere but the back (I'm just not a fan of the front's ejector airtime), and taking away my choice to sit where I want to after waiting in line is ridiculous.

Ok that loading system (other then the seat pockets) is completely pointless for coasters that have a decent capacity like NTAG. I can really only see this being useful for Eurofighters, Wild Mice, Zac Spins, and an other low capacity rides.

I'm at SFOT now and have ridden Giant twice. I think the new loading procudure is VERY efficient. The line moved very quickly, and there is even a pouch on the ride to place loose articles. As far as picking seats the operator controlling the line was allowing people, but stated they would have to wait for the next train or so.

To be honest I'm not really feeling the hate for this system. If the park/manufacturer have done the sums and it works out it results in higher capacity than I'm all for it. I'd agree with Oriolats comment that the key is the "sense of urgency" in the way it encourages guests to sit down and close the lapbar quickly.

The comments of it being "unsafe" are silly too. Obviously the train would stop moving if it passed a certain trigger point with a harness not closed enough.

Rode the Texas Giant a couple of weeks ago with the new procedure and I'm going to echo a lot of similar statements, everything seemed to run amazingly smooth. As long as they have someone controlling the line into the station I don't think the summer crowds would pose any more of a problem then the winter ones.

One of my concerns is employees checking children's heights for the ride too. I hope employees check all heights of kids before letting guests enter the ride. I've witnessed a ton of kids getting on a ride at SFOT and having the dispatch process stop because they had to pull a kid off the ride to double check their height.

Does this new loading system get rid of the employee at the bottom of the stairs too? Last several visits to the park, that one employee at the bottom of the stairs wasn't very efficient in my opinion. They just kind of sat there and let guests pile onto the stairs and loading station...

P.S. I guess this new process screams "if you get on, you're riding!". lol! I've seen so many people get on NTAG and cry to get off because their too scared to ride.

I think this is kind of stupid for a ride of this size, but to be fair Hershey's mouse has been running like this for over a decade and nobody (to my knowledge) has ever been seriously injured. I understand that there is a big difference between this coaster and a Wild Mouse, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

One of my concerns is employees checking children's heights for the ride too. I hope employees check all heights of kids before letting guests enter the ride. I've witnessed a ton of kids getting on a ride at SFOT and having the dispatch process stop because they had to pull a kid off the ride to double check their height.

Does this new loading system get rid of the employee at the bottom of the stairs too? Last several visits to the park, that one employee at the bottom of the stairs wasn't very efficient in my opinion. They just kind of sat there and let guests pile onto the stairs and loading station...

P.S. I guess this new process screams "if you get on, you're riding!". lol! I've seen so many people get on NTAG and cry to get off because their too scared to ride.

That one Team Member works for Flash Pass

Well that still seems pointless considering the website says you can't use Flash Pass on NTAG.

This whole new loading procedure makes me think Six Flags is looking for a new way to *attempt* to increase efficiency while cutting cost. Just a thought - I'm not saying I'm correct.

When Giant was new, trains were full and sent out on time. You could wait for any seat you want, and they paired up single riders. That was just the way you ran a roller coaster years ago. The idea of pairing up single riders, getting trains out at intended intervals AND letting people pick their seat is completely lost on many ride crews of today. I'm not bashing or complaining (well, maybe a little whining) - just stating fact. They are not trained to do that any longer. In fact, I don't think there would be anyone on staff who would know how to do it. It's a thing of the past for some parks; common for Six Flags parks. With pay to cut, the trade off (good service) just isn't worth it to them.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. I haven't been on the new Giant with or with out the new loading system. The idea of not being able to pick my seat is a huge turn off. That kinda thing is OK for a mouse coaster. Or Ultra Twister (Or Maverick, for some.)

Well that still seems pointless considering the website says you can't use Flash Pass on NTAG.

Regular and Gold passes are not valid for NTAG. Platinum passes are and have been since the relaunch in some form. The website hasn't been accurate in that respect since re-opening.

Agreed. To me, Giant is bleh (relatively speaking) anywhere but the back (I'm just not a fan of the front's ejector airtime), and taking away my choice to sit where I want to after waiting in line is ridiculous.

Yep. The back of the giant is a HUGE improvement over anywhere else in the train. We were actually shocked at what a difference it made, particularly on the first drop.

It's gonna suck if this system stays

At the park today. I actually really like the new loading system for giant. It was very easy to understand and we were out of the station real quick. Line was fast moving as well.

I enjoy the pockets on the rides too! It's nice to have when you only bring a phone, keys, and wallet. Park was empty today, which is nice! Giant had a short wait. All other rides seemed like walk ons. I can't wait until Gotham city is open again!

No update on skyscreamer other than they put a fence around the area. But I didn't see anything different from the pic I posted a few weeks ago.

That's my report for today! Lol.

I'm actually excited for Sky Skreamer too! Everybody seems to complain about how it isn't extreme and that its boring. I agree SFOT needs a new coaster, but I like this too. I rode the one in Galveston this summer and was actually quite surprised, it really is a fun ride. And there is a thrill factor in it. I can't wait to see this as part of the park skyline.