TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Wait...doesn't SFOT have the Bugs Bunny themed boat ride? I kinda thought that was one of the best dark rides of the entire Six Flags chain. I can't only think of Monster Mansion as being a better one!

Same here. Though I may be slightly biased against the pair of Six Flags shooting dark rides as they're pretty generic. I know they're not exactly the same (it was neat how the SFStL one is a boat ride), but still.

^Oh yeah... forgot about that, since I pretty much avoid it. Every time I ride it, I mourn the transition from Speelunker's Cave to the Bugs Bunny corporate-themed craptastic ride and just get depressed.

Yeah, see to most of us, that boat ride is one of the best in the Six Flags chain. While I understand that the old version holds some nostalgic value, I guess, it's a shame you can't appreciate that it is actually REALLY good.

--Robb "Let go of the past...everyone dies." Alvey

The RIDE is still good. What I hate is that what used to be a one-of-a-kind themed attraction is now corporate-themed. Yes, as Looney Tunes themed rides go, it's better than most, but it's still a huge step backwards from what it used to be. For the record, I'll take local theming over Looney Tunes/Super Hero theming every single time.

Saying I should just appreciate it anyway is like saying "so Revolution has OTSRs, get over it"

Yes, there is some validity in that statement, but the level of joy will forever be diminished from what it was before.

Saying I should just appreciate it anyway is like saying "so Revolution has OTSRs, get over it"

Exactly. Guess what? Revolution has OTSR's. Get the f**k over it.

Seriously it's been TWENTY FREAKING years since they changed the dark ride. You're STILL holding a grudge??!?!

I guess what's comic relief to me is that you come on here saying that SFOT should build a dark ride...but SFOT already HAS a dark ride...and one that most people would agree is a REALLY GOOD one (I'm sure including lots of locals) ...but you don't acknowledge it because of something that happened twenty years ago.

Sorry...I just happen to find that hilarious!

Edited by robbalvey

How dare the park try to increase the appeal of the ride to a broader audience.

I know! Right?!?!?

It's clear to me that that Yosemite Sam's days are numbered due to low ridership since all the locals boycott the ride because they changed it.

Looks like I will probably be able go to Holiday in the Park this year! I haven't researched this event much, so I was just curious what rides are usually open. I have been to Dallas several times during this time in the year, so I know about how the weather can be, so assuming it is warm enough for all the rides to be operating, can I could on NTAG, Titan and the other bigger coasters being open? Thanks guys!

Looks like I will probably be able go to Holiday in the Park this year! I haven't researched this event much, so I was just curious what rides are usually open. I have been to Dallas several times during this time in the year, so I know about how the weather can be, so assuming it is warm enough for all the rides to be operating, can I could on NTAG, Titan and the other bigger coasters being open? Thanks guys!

When I went last year, I do not know if I was just there on a bad day, but the rides that were closed were...

- Mr. Freeze

- Batman

- Flashback

- Judge Roy Scream

- La Vibora

- Shock Wave

- And NTG (aside from the last hour the park was open)

- A countless amount of flats...

To think... I bought a platinum flash pass to be able to use it on three rides... Superman Tower Of Power, Titan, and Runaway Mountain.

Like I said maybe I just found the park on a really bad day. However as far as temps go... Riding Titan while it was chilly outside was strange... But it was actually kind of nice. Usually you are on coasters in the heat of summer, but something about riding them when cold was just... different. You will be all bundled up, nose running, but having a blast! I suggest going regardless of the ride being open or not. Even only being able to ride a few rides it was still a some what enjoyable trip.

~Matt

^ Gotham City is closed every HIP. They must start rehab on that side of the park. I am not sure why JRS was closed. I thought they always had it open that time of year. I am really going to miss the huge red XMas tree they would put up every year. It would hang down from the parachutes. It makes me curious if they will find another way to put it up.

^ Gotham City is closed every HIP. They must start rehab on that side of the park. I am not sure why JRS was closed. I thought they always had it open that time of year. I am really going to miss the huge red XMas tree they would put up every year. It would hang down from the parachutes. It makes me curious if they will find another way to put it up.

Maybe they will put it on the new SkyScreamer???

~Matt

I read a few posts regarding Yosemite Sam's boat ride. I was actually a little upset the last time I rode it this summer since I've always thought it was a great ride for Six Flags. It had a couple of noticeable broken effects and even the sound was off a little. Probably would not take long to repair and get it back to looking great.

Closing Chute Out to make it HitP's Christmas tree probably didn't disappoint anyone whereas closing Skyscreamer or Superman would probably upset a lot more people, especially since Gotham is closed during the event.

And I'm anxious to see what becomes of Adventure Theater. Last time I rode it, it was in horrible shape (way worse than Yosemite Sam's). It's going to take some money to get it back in decent condition (and hopefully add some theming--it's sad when you think about how much theming it had when it was the Right Stuff or Dino Island...)

Agreed. Adventure Theater does need a good makeover and hopefully that's what the park has decided to do. Back in it's early days during Dino-Island it was amazing. Spongebob was also pretty good. However Fly Me To The Moon was not very good in my opinion. So I do hope to see it reopen soon with a good show this time.

So, my pieces of the Chute Out came in the mail a few days ago, and they smell. BAD. I guess that's just the smell of history.

Does anybody know the latest on construction of the TSS and the paint jobs on LA Vibora and Shockwave?

I was just at the park today. Both coasters are done with paint jobs, and looking very nice. No new construction so far on TSS

I was at the park Friday night and La Vibora and Shockwave were not done. The track piece facing the parking lot of La Vibora looks done, but track pieces towards the end of the ride still needed paint. Shockwave's track looked to be fully painted but the support didn't look quit done yet. As far as Texas Sky Screamer goes look for the park to start construction on the foundation very soon.