TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P.. 420: Pirates of Speelunker Cave announced for 2022!

^Well, this system has worked for rides like Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and Space Fantasy, although those can move through a lot more people, and were designed with continuous loading in mind.

Exactly--I think they'd have to reconfigure the station to make this work properly. HRnR at least has a conveyor belt to help out here.

We shall see.

Actually I got word that the park is already planning to add separate lines for the front/back so that removes my biggest concern about the whole thing...

What I don't get is why they don't just dispatch the train after the last lapbar is checked instead of letting it creep to the end of the station and then letting it go. Or maybe they can?

Edited by BrandonR

Actually I got word that the park is already planning to add separate lines for the front/back so that removes my biggest concern about the whole thing...

Thats better. I don't mind that at all. PLUS pockets for your phone!

Yeah, since the pockets are just mesh you could actually start a recording on your phone before zipping it up and get a free on-ride video of yourself.

I dont know about you guys but I love New Texas Giant. And I know we all know about Iron Rattler opening this Spring in San Antonio, and Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City. But also a new rumor reports that the Magic Mountain park will get the Iron Horse treatment on Colossus in 2014, or 15. I'm sure these coasters will be amazing. And to think, it all started here in Texas with NTAG! It feels good knowing we were first! Because this Iron treatment is clearly the future of coasters, along with some others. So glad that Texas Giant will always be the first. Texas really is special.

What I don't get is why they don't just dispatch the train after the last lapbar is checked instead of letting it creep to the end of the station and then letting it go. Or maybe they can?

They can, and do when they want to unless it has already cleared the last guide wheel in the station.

I actually can see this working, but I'm sure they will screw it up somehow.

Basically they will be able to run 3 trains in peak season. That's the goal. One train will always be on course, somewhere, one loading, and one coming off course. Once the train coming off course is pushed close it will creep up behind the train in front that should be finished loading the last row and within seconds they can begin off loading and loading. If a lapbar doesn't register properly, and I've witnessed this, the panel op can stop the train on the transfer track(obviously it's not going much further without the computer going nuts), fix, and then let it roll off. I say roll off because, well, that's what it basically does, the motors on the table don't seem to have any gusto whatsoever.

I see the concept, I see with the addition this short off season of the front and last row lines, that it can work, they just have to let it work and not try to cheap it. I do, however, see lockers becoming required for large bags and items. And really, that's not such a bad thing.

I don't see it happening, given they still haven't started tower construction (as far as I've heard). They can probably build the thing by opening but testing can take a while. And regardless, the park seems to prefer April-May openings, probably because they have something new to advertise for Labor Day weekend and the beginning of summer.

I highly doubt it, but does anyone think TSS will be ready by opening day (March 2, 2013) or in April like NTAG was?

SFFT didn't open Sky Screamer until Memorial Day weekend I believe so I wouldn't hold my breath for March or April. Hopefully it'll be up and running sooner than that but there are other larger projects that require more attention first.

Just seems like Six Flags is behind in construction on all there projects this year except iron rattler

Ehhhh...can't really say that considering none of us really know what Six Flags construction schedules are for all their projects. For all we know, they could be shooting for a Memorial Day weekend opening of TSS so if that be the case, they're probably right on schedule. It may "seem" that way but that could be what they're going for.

From the SFOT Facebook page:

Are you looking to get married on Valentine’s Day? Do you want to do something memorable that you can share with your friends and family for years to come? We’re looking for six couples that are wanting to either get married or renew their vows in a unique way on Thursday, February 14. If you’re interested email us a photo and some info on you and your spouse or spouse-to-be at sfotpr@sixflags.com.

I'm guessing that it's a married-on-a-ride concept, but makes me wonder which ride...

How many riders will TSS hold at a time again?

From the SFOT Facebook page:

Are you looking to get married on Valentine’s Day? Do you want to do something memorable that you can share with your friends and family for years to come? We’re looking for six couples that are wanting to either get married or renew their vows in a unique way on Thursday, February 14. If you’re interested email us a photo and some info on you and your spouse or spouse-to-be at sfotpr@sixflags.com.

I'm guessing that it's a married-on-a-ride concept, but makes me wonder which ride...

How many riders will TSS hold at a time again?

Forget how many riders will fit on it. That is 4 weeks away. It takes 3 weeks to build the tower, and more than one to add the finishing touches and test. I think it's safe to say it WON'T be in this ride. The only rides I can think of that seat around 12 are aqua man (too cold anyways, that's out) S:TOP, and Runaway Mountain. But again, who says this is on a coaster. They could do it anywhere. Hey, Man + Wife + Priest/Pastor/Mimister/Rabii = one awesome wedding ceremony on Dive Bomber Alley.

I have an Honest Question to ask! Does the removal of Flashback destroy Texas!

WHAT? How does the removal of a crappy, old roller coaster "destroy" a state? Can you phrase your questions any clearer? Most of what you write and ask does not make any sense.