TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

But the argument against this whole thing is if Hogwarts Express only goes from the real world to the Wizard World, than I'd expect Potternuts to be up in arms that train ride goes against everything in their books. Thoughts?

Actually, the concept wouldn't go against the books or movies at all. The new area at USF would be London. The Hogswarts Express goes from King's Cross station in London to Hogwarts castle, but the train itself is already in the wizard world once you find the hidden platform at King's Cross station. It is one of many transitions from the world of "muggles" to the world of wizards.

To get to Diagon Alley, also in London, you have to walk through The Leaky Cauldron pub to the secret entrance in the back. Diagon Alley is where Gringott's Bank is, which would be the new ride.

So, if we are to believe the rumors the new area would probably have, among other things, King's Cross station and the Leaky Cauldron as fronts. King's Cross would take you by train over to IOA. Leaky Cauldron, aside from being a place to eat and drink, would transition to the new land of Diagon Alley full of shops and the bank.

Actually, the concept wouldn't go against the books or movies at all. The new area at USF would be London. The Hogswarts Express goes from King's Cross station in London to Hogwarts castle, but the train itself is already in the wizard world once you find the hidden platform at King's Cross station. It is one of many transitions from the world of "muggles" to the world of wizards.

To get to Diagon Alley, also in London, you have to walk through The Leaky Cauldron pub to the secret entrance in the back. Diagon Alley is where Gringott's Bank is, which would be the new ride.

So, if we are to believe the rumors the new area would probably have, among other things, King's Cross station and the Leaky Cauldron as fronts. King's Cross would take you by train over to IOA. Leaky Cauldron, aside from being a place to eat and drink, would transition to the new land of Diagon Alley full of shops and the bank.

This is way too confusing. I say we stick with a Sharktopus replacement!

That's what we discussed a few pages back, take a look at this! .

I thought i had read the entire, recent, part of this thread. Thanks for pointing that out!

There is this term- "uncanny valley", it refers to the fact that people are put off or freaked out by robots or 3d images that are close to real life but not close enough to believe. I think we might reach that point with a theme park ride if they did the screens thing on the potter train. In the images above the screens are small and the locations are unfamiliar, which is why it works in my opinion.

Look forward to Tuesday

^^ It's all about secret passageways. One is a little coffee shop that leads to a shopping area for wizards and the other is a secret train station that leads to Hogwarts.

In chat, one of the forum mods (QueerRudie), made a suggestion to add a 70s disaster movie themed area with a Towering Inferno themed drop tower as the centerpiece (sorta like Tower of Terror). It seems like a pretty good idea and there are plenty of disaster movies to choose from (Poseidon Adventure themed top spin anyone?).

I still say Universal would make a billion times more money if they ditched this Potter stuff and just let Elissa and I do our SyFy Saturday Night makeover to the place. There is no way people all over the world would not travel and spend an insane amount of money to ride a Sharktopus ride. No way.

dt

Tomorrow's announcement is IN California, with the Governor of CALIFORNIA...I imagine it will 99% be about Hollywood. Even if they mention 'more potterhell coming to Florida', I doubt they would announce specifically if it was the Lost Continent Expansion or the Jaws Expansion.

Tomorrow's announcement is IN California, with the Governor of CALIFORNIA...I imagine it will 99% be about Hollywood. Even if they mention 'more potterhell coming to Florida', I doubt they would announce specifically if it was the Lost Continent Expansion or the Jaws Expansion.

Wow, I don't think you could be more upset unless Universal put in a Duggarville.

^^ Not saying that they couldn't use that road--however, without that road, resort operations would come to a standstill. It's what connects wardrobe, HR, both parks' operations offices, and USF's employee cafeteria (among other things) to the parks themselves and each other. Without a new route being devised and implemented first, the resort would be, if not completely paralyzed, then at least paraplegic. And it's really not wide enough to accommodate both things. So, if they're going to do it, they need to rearrange some stuff no matter how you look at it.

Having said that, with the potential payoff they might be seeing, there's no reason why they couldn't move heaven and earth to accomplish it.

Well, this may be our answer:

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/5094

Rumor: 'Wizarding World of Harry Potter' Orlando to expand with London-based Potter attractions

The Internet has certainly been buzzing with rumors relating to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on both sides of the country. Recently, several sources have reported details of the Orlando-based theme park's expansion.

Here is what the rumors entail:

Universal Orlando: Phase II of the Wizarding World would include a new section of the park to take over where the Jaws and Amity portion recently closed down. The rumored plans include a reproduction of London, which would house Diagon Alley - a 'true' location for Ollivander's Wand Shop, Gringotts Bank with an amazing new roller coaster cart ride, and the Leaky Cauldron.

Additionally, they would add Platform 9 and 3/4 where patrons would pass through the muggle side and be whisked away to Hogsmeade Station via an actual train ride on the Hogwarts Express.

Don't forget, we are expecting word today of an official announcement from Universal about their plans for opening a new Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.

Stay tuned to MuggleNet for the latest news!

^They were explaining what the rumors were entailing. But I don't think anyone will be surprised.

Also, if they run the train down that street in a light rail sort of fashion, with only one train that reverses direction, I think they'll be able to cram it in down there with a little bit of road scooting and sidewalk removal.

I remember hearing a fairly elaborate rumor about the Gringots Banks coaster being thrown around when the original Wizarding World was in development. If this turns out to be what all the rumors are speculating (new section in 2nd park with transportation between the two) if your a Potter fan or not you have to commend Universal for attempting such an elaborate concept that (to my knowledge) hasn't been attempted at any other theme park resorts to date.

Just a side thought, I wonder if this expansion happens if they will attempt to use the new section during Halloween Horror Nights. Since IOA is usually closed during HHN you could conceivably transport guests of HHN to IOA where there is a Halloweened out Potter section with some additional Potter HHN Mazes maybe..... who knows.

Just a side thought, I wonder if this expansion happens if they will attempt to use the new section during Halloween Horror Nights. Since IOA is usually closed during HHN you could conceivably transport guests of HHN to IOA where there is a Halloweened out Potter section with some additional Potter HHN Mazes maybe..... who knows.

That would be a big negative. If she will not allow coke products in the existing Potter World, there is no way in hell she is going to allow HHN to use those sections.