TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Magnum did over a million and a half riders last year, the fourth highest total of any ride in the park despite not having early entry. What the f*ck are you people talking about? Nobody needs to call Alan Schilke, nobody needs to call B&M, it doesn't have a 40 year shelf-life, it's not going to be replaced with a swimming pool and it's sure as hell not going to Michigan's Adventure... lay off the drugs.

This thread has turned into something where I want to do an impression of an overenthusiastic 12 year old with lots of smilies like and of course . LMAO at the sperm smilie. It looks like its wandering through a postmenopausal wasteland.

One day, Magnum will be gone. But of the many ways it might leave us, "It is moved to Michigans Adventure" is not one of them.

Magnum is fine as is and where is. Only change I could see on it is Steel Dragon 2000 style B&M trains on it. Only reason I even say that is because Cedar Point has been good about upgrading there older coasters recently.

While this is waaay off topic since it is a MiA thread my two takes on Magnum is that either:

1. I see Chance retracking since they did a great job with Phantom's Revenge. Would definitely see some tweaking on the return portion by replacing those triangular shaped hills into more rounded better airtime hills

or

2. Magnum just comes down and a new, larger wave pool is built on the site of the old one, taking up the spot where the second drop is. I always thought CP Shores' wave pool was a bit small, especially if they are tying to make it a premier water park.

There's still some land of the former Challenge Racing and Ripcord. Or a parking garage

It doesn't even have to be a coaster right away. Any thrilling dry side attraction will be welcome. Drop tower, super loop, skyrace ect ect. Im going to say again a system to get the tubes up the hill to Mine shaft and mammoth river is much needed. An elevator lift to get tubes up funnel of fear would also be appreciated.

And a second train on Wolverine Wildcat!!

Magnum did over a million and a half riders last year, the fourth highest total of any ride in the park despite not having early entry. What the f*ck are you people talking about? Nobody needs to call Alan Schilke, nobody needs to call B&M, it doesn't have a 40 year shelf-life, it's not going to be replaced with a swimming pool and it's sure as hell not going to Michigan's Adventure... lay off the drugs.

#ThingsThatNeededToBeSaid

It doesn't even have to be a coaster right away. Any thrilling dry side attraction will be welcome. Drop tower, super loop, skyrace ect ect. Im going to say again a system to get the tubes up the hill to Mine shaft and mammoth river is much needed. An elevator lift to get tubes up funnel of fear would also be appreciated.

This^^. We all know this park will never be the craze, but small additions like the ones above will be success stories in my book. Not a 150 ft B&M 5 inverted coaster that other parks dream about.

Cedar Fair has stated multiple times they won't re-locate rides. This isn't Six Flags.

Unlike most interviews with the head person, I never heard anything about future additions. Most upper tier people when interviewed hint about or say they are excited about the future improvements. All I got out the article was a present type thing where the main idea was "Hey we exist, BUT, Cedar Point is better." Which 99.9999% of the GP already knows.

Yeah, I realized Cedar Fair's plan for MiA years ago, and accepted it a few years after that, so this stuff doesn't even phase me anymore. Every three or four years I'll take my kids, but otherwise, it's not even worth my time to drive the two hours over there. I had a CF season pass last year and didn't even go!

Having said that, if they DO get those conveyors for the larger water slides, I will definitely make my way back there that year!

Well, there is now the potential of receiving KBF Boomerang with the announcement of its removal at the end of April. It would be a good fit for MiA, even if it is a Boomerang.

Helps that there aren't any Boomerangs nearby. The nearest one is at SFSTL, with the next closest ones being at Hershey and WoF. The end of April removal would allow a renovation before/during a potential move

Well, there is now the potential of receiving KBF Boomerang with the announcement of its removal at the end of April. It would be a good fit for MiA, even if it is a Boomerang.

Helps that there aren't any Boomerangs nearby. The nearest one is at SFSTL, with the next closest ones being at Hershey and WoF. The end of April removal would allow a renovation before/during a potential move

The Bat at Canada's Wonderland and Boomerang at Darien Lake would like a word with you. But yes, Michigan's Adventure would be a good home for Knott's Berry Farm's Boomerang as there's nothing like it in the area. The park would also be able to market it as "the first of its kind in Michigan".

The Bat at Canada's Wonderland and Boomerang at Darien Lake would like a word with you. But yes, Michigan's Adventure would be a good home for Knott's Berry Farm's Boomerang as there's nothing like it in the area. The park would also be able to market it as "the first of its kind in Michigan".

Or Six Flags New England & Lake Compounce

Or Six Flags New England & Lake Compounce

You kind of went too far. But, if you're including those Boomerang coasters, we might as well bring Le Boomerang at La Ronde into the mix.

I mean, it works. This is probably the only park where a relocated Boomerang would be accepted, even if it replaced Corkscrew. With it being Cedar Fair, you know they would also put brand new trains onto it like they did with Carowind's Flying Cobras. I see it as a wise decision for a park that needs something if that is the case.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

If it got trains like Carolina Cobra that would be great. That is by far my favorite boomerang. Boomerang are forceful in reverse. I wonder what KBF will put into such a small location?

Probably some sort of flat ride.

Wouldn't that essentially cut off the path for future expansion? I think the more optimal spot would be next to wolverine wildcat, or along a new path that would (finnaly) connect thunderhawk and shivering timbers.

They have a LOT of land to expand in the future behind where the boomerang is placed in that picture. Nice job fitting it in there though.

Screenshot_20170321-105242.thumb.png.281d2a2a8f146083452d090eeaab15dc.png

Area in question