TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

This is huge news and shows the committment cedar fair has to the park. I know cedar fair has a long list of expenditures they'd like to add to the park (new waterpark entrance, connecting the back of the park to timbers) but they've all been delayed due to the city water, city sewage, and employee shortages. Now that all three of those are seemingly resolved, look for the park to expand much more than in the past 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

With the recent rumors of Canada's Wonderland possibly removing Time Warp, and Knott's possibly removing Boomerang, MA could possibly be seeing two new the park coasters soon. I wouldn't expect them to be scrapped and MA would be the most logical park in the chain to receive such coasters.

I wouldn't mind Boomerange and Time Warp at MIA. I know they're used and not popular umongst enthusiasts (I completely understand why) but it's a way to grow the park and bring more people in. It will set up the park for the future and one day we may see a B&M hyper and/or invert take their place ....

What? One can dream a little!!

With the recent rumors of Canada's Wonderland possibly removing Time Warp, and Knott's possibly removing Boomerang, MA could possibly be seeing two new the park coasters soon. I wouldn't expect them to be scrapped and MA would be the most logical park in the chain to receive such coasters.

Great idea if they replace the regular trains for the new restraints for Boomerang. I know it's Michigan's Adventure, but they can spare $2 million every 20 years I hope.

Time Warp would make a lot of sense at Michigan's Adventure. I mean... don't get me wrong. it's one of the worst roller coasters on earth. But people would probably eat it up since you ride in a flying position and they really don't know any better. Plus it's a portable ride that could be moved easily I'm sure.

I would think that park would remove Flight Deck as well. The rides are right next to eachother, they're both terrible and it would free up some room for a respectable coaster. Luckily Michigan's Adventure wouldn't be a fit for that since they have the same ride. I sort of picture them slapping Kumbak trains on it and giving it to Valleyfair.

Time Warp would make a lot of sense at Michigan's Adventure. I mean... don't get me wrong. it's one of the worst roller coasters on earth. But people would probably eat it up since you ride in a flying position and they really don't know any better. Plus it's a portable ride that could be moved easily I'm sure.

I would think that park would remove Flight Deck as well. The rides are right next to eachother, they're both terrible and it would free up some room for a respectable coaster. Luckily Michigan's Adventure wouldn't be a fit for that since they have the same ride. I sort of picture them slapping Kumbak trains on it and giving it to Valleyfair.

Time Warp is not a portable coaster as it has supports that connect to concrete footers that are attached to the ground. But, it would do very well at Michigan's Adventure as it isn't too intense and is considered a family coaster. Also, it's quite compact so it could fit anywhere within the park. It Canada's Wonderland were to remove Time Warp, they would removed Flight Deck as well because both these coasters have small footprints. It would only make the most sense to remove both of them at once to make more room for a better coaster.

Sorry to be that guy. But I saw next weekend is opening weekend. I may be about an hour and a half away at the Race track. was thinking i may get away Sunday and check out the park How busy bad do the lines get on a busy day at Michigan's Adventure.

Good catch. I assumed all of those things were portable (most of them seem to be, they just sit on a concrete slab).

That's okay. Here's a photo showing the supports connecting to concrete footers for Time Warp. It's mostly grass and a little bit of concrete underneath.

34f14a8ea500ca77532cb917e0c09d2b.jpg