TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for my posts. I'll shaddup.

I say keep it up! You're adding something to this thread!

Speaking of the GP, a couple of weeks ago I was in SoCal for spring break. I spent 3 days at Knott's, and while the crowds weren't bad, what I overheard while in the lines were! I can't remember a whole lot specifically, but I heard a lot of inaccurate facts (like people saying that GhostRider is taller than Xcelerator!), and I heard someone say "YOLO!" on Jaguar of all things. A little more accurately, I also heard "YOLO!" on Boomerang- at least it makes some sense with it being a Vekoma!

Sure, no one would expect the GP to know everything about the parks, but some of these things are just ridiculous!

but I heard a lot of inaccurate facts (like people saying that GhostRider is taller than Xcelerator!), and I heard someone say "YOLO!" on Jaguar of all things. A little more accurately, I also heard "YOLO!" on Boomerang- at least it makes some sense with it being a Vekoma!

Ghostrider and Xcelerator are pretty far away (being on opposite ends of the park), so I could see how that could get mixed up due to Ghostrider's first drop lasting much longer and giving the illusion of being taller.

But "YOLO" on Jaguar?

It still surprises me how many people think the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is its own theme park...

Yep. Some classmate of mine said she was going to "Harry Potter World" Conversation is as follows.

GP: I'm going to HPW!

Me: You mean IOA? 'Cause that's where HPW is. Good coasters there.

GP: No, Harry Potter World!

Me: Kinda hard not to go to IOA when you go through it to HPW.

P.S.: This person is one of the smartest in my class.

Except me

On my high school's senior trip, it might as well been a whole park. We spent one day at IoA and USO and several people spent their whole day in Harry Potter World and did nothing else.

^You think that's a troll? I personally just saw one worse, on
for Cheetah Hunt:

AnEscapeArtist33 said:

Robs stupid mouth ruins the video.

Rob likes touching underage boys.

Rob likes penises in his mouth.

Rob is a fat oaf.

AND, he spells ROBB wrong.

I know this might be very subjective to some people, but *Facepalm*

Well - I wonder why robb never mentioned numbers 2 and 3....

I was at Kings Dominion today and heard some pretty weird things!

In the line for grizzly some kid said, "I'm too tall to ride Dinosaurs Alive"

Another women walked up to the 'Action Theater' and asked "Is this Ricochet?"

image.jpg.853e668716fc7eba0e4c4ba0ca46e895.jpg

Does this look anything like Ricochet????

So I went to USH today to get a few rides in as I had nothing going on. I had a few GP encounters while I was there. Apparently, reading signs is not what Californians do.

First off when I went to ride Transformers, some group of late teen-looking kids went to the entrance and kept stopping in front of me asking each other if they were going the right way. They kept convincing themselves that they were going in either the exit or the Fastpass line.

While I sat down on the Mummy, some lady in front of me grew worried of the restraints and asked the attendant, "This isn't a roller coaster, is it?" As soon as the attendant said that it was, she freaked out and demanded to get off as she didn't do coasters. Her husband kept saying how he thought this would be like the Indiana Jones ride. I guess you missed the umpteen warning signs that said that it was a roller coaster?

So after riding Mindbender a few times at SFOG, I start walking down the exit ramp and this dad in front of me started telling his little girl about how MindBender goes as fast as the big coasters. I assume he was talking about hyper coasters we he said "big" ones.

Today at Six Flags America, I was in line for Superman, when the people behind me started talking about setting up a concierge for lines in the park. They talked for a bit, and then someone tried to line-jump up. Security called them out, and the people behind me said "Well, that idea's out." It was...interesting.

Not a GP comment in the same vein as others, but I recently had a parents' friend "lecture" me on how coasters are just kids' stuff and I should have more "adult" hobbies now. Like photography. That was his suggestion (not that there's anything wrong with photography).

Has anyone else had conversations like this?

I was at Six Flags America this past Saturday and there were many schools there. There was a guy behind us in line at Roar and Apocalypse and kept naming every coaster something from Six Flags Great Adventure and seemed pretty serious about it. I wanted to correct him but I did not want to embarrass him in front of all his friends.

Not a GP comment in the same vein as others, but I recently had a parents' friend "lecture" me on how coasters are just kids' stuff and I should have more "adult" hobbies now. Like photography. That was his suggestion (not that there's anything wrong with photography).

It's simple. Start photographing coasters, then see how they react.

My mother asked me "what she should tell people" about what I'm doing on my coaster trip. Apparently having her sons spend six weeks visiting mostly amusement parks is embarrassing.

Well, if you really want a good counter argument:

Amusement parks are multi-million dollar venues that can only thrive on excess income within the general population. This is rarely possible outside of a capitalist society. Therefore, anyone who truly hates the simple presence of amusement parks must hate capitalism.