TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

A couple times on the CGA's flyers as I'm getting an insane snap-heavy ride...riders in the tube behind me during the first ride, a little girl says to her dad: "Wow, that guy in front of us was going weird! What was happening?" The dad responds via telling me that I had my tub going really good.

That evening on the same ride, this one random dude was in line and after a crazy and very noisy ride, the guy tells me that I should ride it again and show him how to do it

Other moments, as much as this has been stated numerous times but I've seen a sudden increase over the past couple visits: Large groups of people standing right at the ride entrance all to measure their kid as our fairly large group is wanting to get in line. They can very well see that we are heading to that line but decide to block the path anyway...even worse when strollers are in the way.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other moments, as much as this has been stated numerous times but I've seen a sudden increase over the past couple visits: Large groups of people standing right at the ride entrance all to measure their kid as our fairly large group is wanting to get in line. They can very well see that we are heading to that line but decide to block the path anyway...even worse when strollers are in the way.

Almost as annoying as going to try the test seat, and there's some little *%@£ sitting in there!

This one is a real gem...

Ok ttd SUCKS the theme is stupid!! Kingda ka is TALLER AND FASTER then ttd. Kingda kas golden kingdom theme is better plus ttd is NOT SAFE cuz there is only a bar holding u down!! Plus kingda ka has an extra hump at the end which ttd does NOT have!!!!! Kingda ka goes 128 mph n it is 428 ft tall!!!!!ttd does not deserve to exsits n it is just a WANNA BE Kingda ka- kingda ka all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOP THRILL DRAGSTER SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! U could also purchase cool gifts saying i survived kingda ka n it takes ur picture!!!!!!!! Does ttd do that uhhhhhhhhhhh exactly!!! So all u freakin idieots out there that say top thrill dragster is better SHUT UP i bet half of u didnt even ride kingda ka n ur just saying top thrill dragster is better cuz its the only one u rode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u no im right!!!!!!! and kingda ka is not a copy of top thrill dragster six flags didnt even know about ceder points ttd top thrill dtagster is a mini version of kingda ka. Going back 2 the themes ttd race car theme is stupid i mean its a racecar goin up a hill how dumb n ohhhh theres a traffic light n finish line im dying of excitment here SO STUPID at least kingda kas golden kingda theme makes sense so that is y kingda is better then top thrill dragster

A nice little misconception happened yesterday...waiting to get into the park yesterday, I was rocking my TPR shirt. The kid looks at me, then looks at his dad and tells him:

"Theme Park Review....You know he's got one heck of a job, ride coasters and get paid for doing it!"

In the mean time, I'm trying my hardest not to laugh, and turn away and try to talk to my cousin and fellow TPR member to keep my mind distracted.

I was then asked which rides were the good ones and I pointed out some of the hot stuff there, and then told him what TPR was...by then the gates opened and we go off our own ways.

Ok ttd SUCKS the theme is stupid!! Kingda ka is TALLER AND FASTER then ttd. Kingda kas golden kingdom theme is better plus ttd is NOT SAFE cuz there is only a bar holding u down!! Plus kingda ka has an extra hump at the end which ttd does NOT have!!!!! Kingda ka goes 128 mph n it is 428 ft tall!!!!!ttd does not deserve to exsits n it is just a WANNA BE Kingda ka- kingda ka all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOP THRILL DRAGSTER SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! U could also purchase cool gifts saying i survived kingda ka n it takes ur picture!!!!!!!! Does ttd do that uhhhhhhhhhhh exactly!!! So all u freakin idieots out there that say top thrill dragster is better SHUT UP i bet half of u didnt even ride kingda ka n ur just saying top thrill dragster is better cuz its the only one u rode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u no im right!!!!!!! and kingda ka is not a copy of top thrill dragster six flags didnt even know about ceder points ttd top thrill dtagster is a mini version of kingda ka. Going back 2 the themes ttd race car theme is stupid i mean its a racecar goin up a hill how dumb n ohhhh theres a traffic light n finish line im dying of excitment here SO STUPID at least kingda kas golden kingda theme makes sense so that is y kingda is better then top thrill dragster

Wow...that one made my brain hurt. Was that a comment on a YouTube video?

Going back 2 the themes ttd race car theme is stupid i mean its a racecar goin up a hill how dumb n ohhhh theres a traffic light n finish line im dying of excitment here SO STUPID at least kingda kas golden kingda theme makes sense so that is y kingda is better then top thrill dragster
Yes, because every day you see tigers run up cliffs. I also would like to note that he/she sounds like he/she is speaking dragonese. Oh yes, and link me to where that came from, I want to reply. Edited by Her0ofLime

This proves that all of the GP stereotypes are true.

Too many times I hear about how Six Flags "ripped off" Cedar Point by "copying" Top Thrill Dragster (or Top Fuel Dragster). I tried to explain to someone once about how both rides are made by Intamin, and all they said was that "Intamin isn't very creative."

Some kid in my class who goes to SFGADV almost all the time during the summer, for fright fest and anything inbetween told me the reason why Kingda Ka breaks down all the time is because it's cursed. And he proceeds to tell me that in 2002, the coaster that El Toro replaced that's not there anymore (Viper in case you didn't guess) flew off the tracks, crashed and killed everybody on board so the ghosts of the riders cursed Kingda Ka so that it breaks down all the time XD

Someone's been watching too much Poltergeist and Final Destination 3.

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't a weird thing a GP said, but a stupid thing that a brainless theme park employee said, but it will work in this thread.

So, I went to Legoland yesterday as usual when this one games employee asked this person, "Did you ride the X-Factor ride yet?" and the women said, you mean "Project X".

Brainless employee outsmarted by a typical GP...

(For those who don't know, Project X is one of Technic Coaster's many names)

These are a couple of gems I captured from the USO Transformers announcement, but I forgot to post them until now:

GP_USOcountdown1_edit.jpg.d30320c4684f375a3f147bdca3b68a01.jpg

Um...what? I can't recall a single time when Universal "moved" an attraction to Disney, or vice-versa.

GP_USOcountdown2_edit.jpg.9d4d47135aebe4bc7d51bed498890434.jpg

I facepalmed at this one, although to be fair USO does still maintain the rights to the current Marvel attractions, not to mention that a DC Island/Gotham City was proposed when IOA was in development. But still...

This isn't something the GP have said, but it is something an employee has said.

I was at KBF in line for Ghost Rider and this employee tried to convince me and my mom that Ghost Rider was the first wood coaster ever built and it was relocated to KBF in 2000. You had no idea how badly I wanted to correct this guy (I didn't say anything of course). 1. It is no where near the first wood coaster.

2. 1998, not 2000.

I do give props to a Top Thrill Dragster employee who said it was the second tallest and third fastest coaster though! Good job!

While waiting to board Manta at SWO, This group in front of me pointed to the other station and said it was for a different track. Later when we got off one of the girls says "Yeah, the other track dunks you underwater and gets you wet." Her friend responds "Oh, lets not do that one."

I just shook my head.

• 3 weeks later...

Found on Robb's DisneySea Tower of Terror POV:

Some people reacon there so smart if somthing was pulling down faster than the weight of gravity it would kill you becuse if you jumped of a building you would speed up if somthing was pulling down on you as we'll as the force of gravity you wouldn't be able to slow it down its a simple calculation of wight plus mass x gravitational force pulling down on the trolley if you do the math if works out!!

First off, a smart person knows how to spell and use sentences. Second, WHAT?