TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, this one is funny but somewhat disturbing. This woman was referring to Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point.

"I want to go ride that ride that looks like a huge penis!" ummm... okay?

Well..... she's not wrong...

I don't think it's that huge...

I mean there is that ONE in the world that is bigger.

Now, this one is funny but somewhat disturbing. This woman was referring to Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point.

"I want to go ride that ride that looks like a huge penis!" ummm... okay?

It's also fast and gets ridden by thousands every day. Also, it only lasts a few seconds.

I've seen and heard so many people refer to Racer at KI as "The Racers". I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does...

Or at Canada's Wonderland many people refer to Wild Beast as "The Beast". If only they knew what the Beast actually is...

Or at Canada's Wonderland many people refer to Wild Beast as "The Beast". If only they knew what the Beast actually is...

It's either a wooden coaster at KI or a Top Scan at Fantasy Island.

Yes, that's what I was hinting at. Or, it could be the new KMG XXL at PNE Playland that opened in 2015. Another thing that bothers me is how people will refer to The Mighty Canadian Minebuster as either "Minebuster" or "The Great Canadian Minebuster" if they're going to try to attempt the full name. How hard is it to look at the sign and see the coaster's real name?

Another funny thing I've heard someone say is "I'm never riding an inverted coaster again because Flight Deck was very rough". I was thinking to myself at the time that there are other inverted coasters that are much smoother and greatly enjoyable than Flight Deck. I've been on a couple of B&M and Intamin inverted coasters to realize that. But, I did find the Vekoma Invertigo to be quite enjoyable. It's quite sad to think that some people only think that there's one roller coaster manufacturer of inverted coasters.

"Most people" probably don't realize there are rollercoaster manufacturers.

I agree. Many people are saying "the park built this" when really the park had a manufacturer come in who either had a design or help the park design a coaster in some way. Then, the manufacturer makes and constructs the coaster and has it installed at the park. I know I left some details out but, that's the basics of the process. But, in some cases, the park does construct an in-house ride or coaster which can be good or bad depending on who well it was constructed and what materials were used. Also, this kind of relates to people thinking that the coaster (example Vekoma Boomerang) is a unique installation, when really there are a couple dozen of coasters with the same layout because the manufacturer was able to make this design a more less expensive installation for parks that the general public will essentially eat up, despite how enjoyable the coaster actually is.

^It's the power of the pronoun "they".

"They" built this roller coaster

"They" built the Space Station

"They" are developing a vaccine.

It's what we say when we actually have no idea who is responsible for something a bit bigger than us.

• 3 weeks later...

The following is a discussion between me and a person of the gp on a youtube video about club 33.

GP: Walt Disney was soooo full of dog shit for charging $40,000 for this stupid boring shit. People are easily brainwashed by the Disney cult. Disneyland is the most boring place on earth and it's waaaay to expensive. I don't get why people keep paying for this. You want amusement? go to Six Flags.

Me:Big theme park and disney fan here but, I beg to differ what you said here. Six flags is just lower quality in terms of theming and presentation.

GP:chump, Disney is utter shit, over priced for anything, I mean what's a slice of nasty ass pizza worth, $10 ... yeah Disney is pure shit for ignorant rich ppl or ignorant parents who don't realize their children won't remember shit when they're older, memories my ass, six flags is worth the money u can actually have a thrill and fun for much cheaper

Me:Six flags theme parks while they do have many thrilling rides, are more sketchy than say Universal or Disney. They cut corners to theming , calling fireball rides roller coasters. Ask any theme park enthusiast like me what they prefer on general levels of theming. Also you call me a chump yet you're define defending six flags like a religion. I'm just here to state an opinion. 

Gp:Theme park enthusiasts? It's for the fun and the thrills , who the hell cares for themes? Apparently ppl like you do and defending it like a religion? I said one line in six flags defense, I couldn't care less if it was Knotts or universal any of those places are worth the money, Disney knows they're not worth that money but they also know ppl are willing to pay for it, they're some smart crooks

I'm pretty sure I was talking with Jim Ried's alternative youtube account.

• 2 weeks later...

Me: "Have you been to Magic Mountain?"

GP: "Yes! It was really fun!"

Me: "What was your favorite ride?"

GP: "What are you talking about? The name of the ride is Magic Mountain"

Me: "What?"

GP: "You know, at Disneyland?"

Me: "Have you been to Magic Mountain?"

GP: "Yes! It was really fun!"

Me: "What was your favorite ride?"

GP: "What are you talking about? The name of the ride is Magic Mountain"

Me: "What?"

GP: "You know, at Disneyland?"

This is legitimately hilarious to me for some reason

So when i was little and a skyloop coaster appeared at my local park,

keep in mind i was already a hardcore enthusiast at this point:

So when we walk past the skyloop that happened to have those lightup-wheels that

flash in different colours the faster they go

So in an attempt to look intelligent, my dad went out and blurted:

-"See those lights, they're sparks from the brakes! The operator is pressing a brake button so that it

doesn't go over the lift again, that's why there are sparks!"

So I noticed that he was full of crap and asked him how rubber-like materials on steel were

making purple and green sparks, and that there is no place to fit any brake system, and gravity

plays the part in most of the function.

Then he just says -"Naaah i'm preeettty sure i know more about this stuff than you "

So co-worker and I talking about coasters, then Son of Beast comes up and she thinks it is still open. Refuses to believe me that it is closed and demolished so I have to look it up for her. Needless to say she was pretty set on that it was still there and open. (At the same time she easily believed that the thing destroyed itself once I told her why it closed. So I guess I partly won. )

GP Facebook comments about Goliath at SFGAm:

-Wooden coasters suck. Who likes being beat to death and feeling like you can fall out at any moment? It's 2014. Enough crap already.

-With all the friction that will come from the movement of the rollercoaster, I wouldn't be surprised if a fire breakout on the wooden structure. It might even break, but I am sure people will still hop on like a fool, believing inspectors that say it is safe as ever!

-Won't see me on that ride!!! Final destination for real.

-the hell would the build a wooden coaster ?

-that looks like a disaster waiting to happen, they should call it the Titantic instead.

-Nothing but a lap bar and it goes upside down. Not sure I want my son on this thing! Yikes. I am sticking with Raging Bull.

-This is a disaster in the waiting wood is not made to withstand curves and twist that steel could. These people are crazy you will see in the future. They are gonna get the ride of there life!!!!

-This ride is a death trap waiting to happen and its sad this obviously is a sign I'm done with rollercoasters after seeing and reading how many of the incidents on them go unreported is just sad

-Ride is doomed... tear it down and save yourself a lawsuit

Gotta love the GP...

GP Facebook comments about Goliath at SFGAm:

-Wooden coasters suck. Who likes being beat to death and feeling like you can fall out at any moment? It's 2014. Enough crap already.

-With all the friction that will come from the movement of the rollercoaster, I wouldn't be surprised if a fire breakout on the wooden structure. It might even break, but I am sure people will still hop on like a fool, believing inspectors that say it is safe as ever!

-Won't see me on that ride!!! Final destination for real.

-the hell would the build a wooden coaster ?

-that looks like a disaster waiting to happen, they should call it the Titantic instead.

-Nothing but a lap bar and it goes upside down. Not sure I want my son on this thing! Yikes. I am sticking with Raging Bull.

-This is a disaster in the waiting wood is not made to withstand curves and twist that steel could. These people are crazy you will see in the future. They are gonna get the ride of there life!!!!

-This ride is a death trap waiting to happen and its sad this obviously is a sign I'm done with rollercoasters after seeing and reading how many of the incidents on them go unreported is just sad

-Ride is doomed... tear it down and save yourself a lawsuit

Gotta love the GP...

I recall seeing endless comments like this in regards to this coaster. It is so painful. Everyone is so certain when really they are spewing complete nonsense they have made up.

I'm just curious which one installed those LED light wheels.

UKKO at Linnanmäki in Finland,

in this video:

If you pay attention in the start you can see the very rear wheels light up red partly,

(they become different colours depending on speed)

It's a fantastic effect considering the park is open quite commonly at times when it becomes dark outside