TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While in line for Wicked, I heard this from some girls behind me.

"This place is much better than parks in California. Here you don't get bored, while at Knott's you want to go home after about an hour."

I like how there's some praise for Lagoon, but why did it have to be exaggerated?

I am not usually amused by Tweenagers in line ahead of me, (and I am sure when I was that age, me and our group of friends were equally as annoying....) but there were a couple of Tweens (from Missouri) talking with a couple of early 20-somethings (from west suburbs of Chicago)....and it went like this.....

If it rains outside, you say it is "Raining"

If it snows outside, you say it is "Snowing"

If it thunders outside, you say it is "Thundering"

Yet....

When it is lightning outside you say it is "Lightning"

And not "Lightning-Ing" Why is this?

They were being especially stupid in their commentary but it was all I could do not to laugh.....and yet it's true.

Why isn't it "Lightning-Ing"?

Thanx whomever you are.....you made my wait in the overflow queue for "Goliath" very entertaining!

While at Camden Park I overheard a man telling his son that the Big Dipper was the oldest rollercoaster in the US, he also said something about how the Pretzel gravity-powered dark ride was "one of the newest haunted houses"

My friend tried to insist to me that Carowinds once had a coaster called the 'Carolina Rainbow' and that it flies off the track and lands back on it.

Another friend told me that Thunder Road was like 300 feet tall, and I corrected him when I said that it was only 93 feet tall and that Intimidator's only 232 feet. But I guess he didn't have that much knowledge about that, so I'll let that one slip.

Alright, while in Gatlinburg: Ober_Gatlinburg_Aerial_Tramway_(017).jpg.5925194db64b6c49c72eeeced14bf6fc.jpg

"This is like the tallest coaster ever!"

It always kills me when you hear the GP spouting off "facts" about rollercoasters that are COMPLETELY wrong when you know darn well they have a smartphone on them and could just look it up on the Internet to verify it.

I just turn around and correct them. I know its bit*chy of me but I do it anyway.

This happened ages ago at Shipwreck Island at Panama City Beach. (Like I said, AGES ago.) My mom gave me some money to get a Lemon Ice treat-thing for my younger brother, so I had him with me and we were in line at the food kiosk. Some lady in front of us with her kid in tow asked to see one of them to look at the nutritional label and ingredients, so the CM lets hre do that. The lady scans it quickly and hands it back to the CM declaring, "Oh no, we can't get that, that's got too much sugar in it." Then she says to her kid, "Come on, we'll go get a Coke, they're much healthier."

I recently decided to look up the tragedy at SFOT which happened a bit more than a year ago. Let's see... what's wrong with the reporting and comments?

-News organizations saying the bar "only clicked once" instead of "3 times" is unusual. I understand that most lap bars click, but somebody should have arrested the spread of this rumor.

-Small animation companies depicting the bar flying up.

-People calling the lady a "fat blob" and making jokes or insults.

-Not just in the NTAG accident, but commenters who think coasters without seatbelts (or in the case of any video of a typical Schwarzkopf looper, coasters without OTSRs) are unsafe.

Some of this reporting and commenting disgusts me.

In line for Intimidator at Carowinds someone said they rode the "Best roller coaster on Earth" The Beast. He claimed it was over 10 miles long, had a 300 foot drop and went "hundreds of miles an hour" and that it made even the 232 ft. Intimidator look small.

I died from what I heard at Kings Dominion today.

So a guy is talking to his kids, and he's "educating" them on how roller coasters work, and it went something like this:

"Ya see, roller coasters work like trains. A guy is controlling the cars and controls where they go. So its extremely tough for them at night because the workers can't see the track, so thats why the coasters derail so often."

Me:

I find the weirdest things the GP have said always happens at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, for some unknown reason.

I have had a woman trying to correct me about Infusion. She tried telling me it was a brand new ride, when I had to tell her it was originally built in the 90's at Pleasureland Southport. I have had people complaining to me how furious they are that their children are not tall enough to ride the Steeplechase, I told them that it is for safety reasons and it is not as tame and child friendly as it looks. They still argued with me.

And on Wednesday, a family didn't believe me when I told them their 1 year old child and their other 3/4 year old was too small to ride the Big Dipper. They stayed in the queue line until someone else told them that the kids couldn't ride. The family's excuse was that there were other children in the line, although the other children were tall enough to ride.

When I was working on my rollercoaster documentary for AS Extended Project, I also had people trying to tell me that Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit is the only rollercoaster in the world that goes upside down with lap bars

When I was working on my rollercoaster documentary for AS Extended Project, I also had people trying to tell me that Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit is the only rollercoaster in the world that goes upside down with lap bars

The funny thing is, it doesn't even go upside down!

I witnessed a few GP moments at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

-In line for Apocalypse, a girl thought that the "S" signs around the line meant that she is in line for the Superman ride.

-Another GP moment while in line for Apocalypse, another girl wondered if the ride had any inversions.

-My parents thought that Tidal Wave was a coaster credit.

I heard a couple yesterday at Oakwood (these were all the same people):

*referring to my restraint being loose on Megafobia* why the f*ck are you doing that! your going to die!

*referring to where I was sitting on Megafobia later in the day* The back seats dangerous! you know that it came completely off and killed 15 people!

it's those rare moments when you ACTUALLY facepalm

A kid I went to camp with a few years ago said this about Intimidator at Carowinds:

'The second hill is taller than the first hill!'

Obviously, he's not a coaster enthusiast, but it seems like common sense to know that the first hill is taller than the second.

• 2 weeks later...