TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

From the Top ten coasters in America video

What makes king da ka and top thrill dragster so great? All they do is shoot you real fast up a tall hill, thats it. Coasters like Son of Beast and Millennium force are much better. Speed and height doesn't determine the whole coaster.

Speed and height kind of do make the coaster, and isn't that what Millennium is know for?

Same video

The UK has better coasters cos i live there XD OBLIVION TILL I DIE

Right UK has better coasters only because you live there.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a lot of fun and a great way to get a quick laugh if you're having a bad day, but lately it's been turning into a general public hate thread.

I admit I poke fun at park guests a lot, but whenever I go into a park I'm exactly that - a park guest.

From my recent trip report -

A lot of guests were rumbling about the "broken" ride and how "they might die". Instead of listening to the conversations, saying "stupid GP" in my head and posting in the GP thread, I decided to be a "good" guest and explain to the other guests why the people stopped on the lift were perfectly safe and would be evacuated if there was a big problem. The lift eventually started moving again, and they were sent through the circuit unharmed.

People have opinions, there's no way around that. If people want to say that Millennium Force is the best roller coaster in the world, let them! I'd bet that a good chunk of you people "SMH"ing at people saying that haven't ridden enough roller coasters to make a judgment (I know I certainly haven't). I just rode El Toro two weekends ago, and while I think it's a great ride, my favorite will probably always be the Knoebels Phoenix.

Can we please go back to having a sense of humor and post things like this from the very first page of the thread, because it's legitimately funny?

"What kind of rain will it be?" (um, wet? Acid? Cats and dogs?)

I am sitting at work right now and listening to this conversation...

Woman - My family and I are going on vacation next week to Williamsburg

Man - Are you guys going to Busch Gardens too?

Woman - Yes, we are.

Man - Ya know how they have Kings Dominion in VA?

Woman - Yes

Man - Well they have Kings Dominion in Cali just it has a different name.

Woman - That is confusing, they should have just called them Kings Dominion East and Kings Dominion West.

I laughed out loud but they did not hear me.

I am sitting at work right now and listening to this conversation...

Woman - My family and I are going on vacation next week to Williamsburg

Man - Are you guys going to Busch Gardens too?

Woman - Yes, we are.

Man - Ya know how they have Kings Dominion in VA?

Woman - Yes

Man - Well they have Kings Dominion in Cali just it has a different name.

Woman - That is confusing, they should have just called them Kings Dominion East and Kings Dominion West.

I laughed out loud but they did not hear me.

Reminds me exactly of my neighbor:

Neighbor: Did you ride that one roller coaster at Great America?

Me: Which one?

N: You know, that big orange one that drops you through a tunnel...it's at Great America near LA.

Me: Oh, you mean Six Flags Magic Mountain?

N: ...Yea, that place!

He also referred SFDK to also being Great America, thus CA having 3 different "Great America" parks he's made reference to.

When talking with friends the other night about all the cool coasters I get to ride on LeviaTHON and New Hotness, we were talking about SFGAdv at the time

Me: Kingda Ka, El Toro, Superman Ultimate Flight....

Brendan: Just don't say the 'M' one

Me: *racking my brain trying to figure out what coaster starts with M* There is no coaster at Great Adventure that starts with M, see *loads RCDB*

Brendan: Yes their is. Millennium Force.

Me *SLAP* That's at Cedar Point you idiot, your not even in the right state

Needless to say we were picking on him all night for that remark.

On a video of Dinosaur at WDW:

they had this at the California disneyland. but they removed it for the Pirates of the Carribean ride. i loved this ride. i went on it when i was like 5 and i cried my @ss off. im 13 now.

I've seen some messed up chronology, but nowhere near this bad. How could a ride that opened in 1998 have been replaced by a ride that opened in 1967 (Which happened to be 8 years ago according to this kid)?

While working today I had someone come up to me, and we struck up a conversation about where we originated, when the guest found out I"ve been a Native Floridian my whole life she touched my elbow and goes "oh my god I finally touched one." Then giggled and walked away after paying.

I proceeded to laugh because I just went to the on site doctor today at work who told me I had bronchitis, so I've been coughing into my elbow to keep from spreading germs (as well as taking many other precautions of course) ... so much for that aspect.

Edited by doublestufforeo

When talking with friends the other night about all the cool coasters I get to ride on LeviaTHON and New Hotness, we were talking about SFGAdv at the time
Me: Kingda Ka, El Toro, Superman Ultimate Flight....

Brendan: Just don't say the 'M' one

Me: *racking my brain trying to figure out what coaster starts with M* There is no coaster at Great Adventure that starts with M, see *loads RCDB*

Brendan: Yes their is. Millennium Force.

Me *SLAP* That's at Cedar Point you idiot, your not even in the right state

Needless to say we were picking on him all night for that remark.

Amber its rude to point out stupidity. just because I have massive mind blanks :I

During our weekly speeches, our topic was what we did over spring break.

Girl in class: I went to Great America (CGA) and rode Vortex.

Me: *thinks* okay, keep talking

Girl in class: And it went like 120 MILES PER HOUR!

Me: *tries not to strangle her*

I understand that GP don't know the facts about roller coasters, and may say some things wrong, but 120 mph is a huge exaggeration, and it really annoyed me.

Not the worst muck up, but I think it deserves a mention. Yahoo did an article called "America's 5 Scariest Roller Coasters." The list goes:

1. Kingda Ka

2. El Toro

3. I305

4. Stratosphere Tower's Big Shot <-- ???

5. Superman: Krypton Coaster

But I think some of the comments are more worthy.

Kay: There's barely any rides from SIX FLAGS! This is Bull bleep!

Lindsey: the first two listed were from six flags great adventure....

Kay: They are still Six Flags...

Again, ???

Link

Not the worst muck up, but I think it deserves a mention. Yahoo did an article called "America's 5 Scariest Roller Coasters." The list goes:

I was about to post the same thing. The entire comments section is nothing but super upset Cedar Point fanboys crying about how they were "robbed".

I was about to post the same thing. The entire comments section is nothing but super upset Cedar Point fanboys crying about how they were "robbed".

Here is something I thought was funy in the comments section:

No Cedar Point coasters, no Busch Gardens coaster, this list is CRAP!

On a off-ride video of Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland

I'm only 12 and i went on this ride and my seat belt wasnt even secure enough! so i had to hold it down the whole ride!!! you know how fast this ride is to hold my seat belt!!! -.-

On a off-ride video of Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland
I'm only 12 and i went on this ride and my seat belt wasnt even secure enough! so i had to hold it down the whole ride!!! you know how fast this ride is to hold my seat belt!!! -.-

People like that give us 12 year olds a bad name.

I have yet to visit Cedar Point, so I probably shouldn't judge; however, I am both amused and irritated by obsessiveness of this park's fans.

^On that same video, I found these gems:

They should make Kingda Ka stand up

Except Six Flags is for teenagers and up, not for kids. Disneyland is the worst themepark to go to if you're an adult.

I just noticed that there are 2 Six Flags, Magic Mountain and Great Adventure

Just found this on a video of Haunted Mansion at Disneyland:

its creepy how there closing the ride down on August 9th 2012...when yet it opened on August 9th 1969 O_e

[Wait, it's going to close? Why?]

they say the r making something else there for a cars land or something...8 people told me already and i mite as well believe its true X./