TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When people ask us why we don't do TPR tours anymore...

Going on a TPR Trip is a privilage, Getting Behind the scenes look at stuff is a privilage, Getting ERT is a privilage, Getting to have so much fun riding a lotta coasters hanging out with other enthusiats is a privilage. You don't get any of that on a normal visit, so why do people complain when they get extras?! It blows my mind!!! I hope to get to WCB with GP Dad next year, and if at the last second one of the rides can't be open for ERT, why would people complain?! They're stilling getting extras!!!! If only one ride was open for TPR to go ride exclusively, that's one more ride than if you were just going alone. It absoleutly shocks me people complain if they think they don't get enough extras.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going on a TPR Trip is a privilage, Getting Behind the scenes look at stuff is a privilage, Getting ERT is a privilage, Getting to have so much fun riding a lotta coasters hanging out with other enthusiats is a privilage. You don't get any of that on a normal visit, so why do people complain when they get extras?!

Because they feel that since they technically PAID for it, they have a RIGHT to bitch and complain. Fu*ck these people. We are already giving you a crapton of fun on the trip even WITHOUT the perks, which in a way are all sort of bonuses. And I'll be honest, in the last few years of trips, 2011 - 2014, there were actually a few things more that we could have done that we didn't bother to do. Because we knew people would already be moaning and complaining about the stuff we already went out of our way to offer on trips, and we were right, they did.

We saved some of those special perks for things that we did later on as a family on our own or with smaller groups of people that actually appreciated what we do. Screw the complainers. They don't deserve the cool stuff we do on our trips anyway.

It sounds like a combination of a lack of awareness of the work it takes to create a great ride and the effort required to put on an incredible event along with a super-boosted sense of self-entitlement that all seem to be the culprit here.

The culprit is that people are assholes and they don't know how to control themselves, even when on a really kick-ass vacation.

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.

When I go to my local parks with my son I often wonder what those behind the scenes tours would be like with the coasters and their operations. I can appreciate what that may feel like since I was once a member of the media and got to see some great things the general public didn't. It's a shame these complainers couldn't appreciate the experience and the extra effort put in by Robb and Elissa. I guess with some the entitlement mentality takes over and the brain goes into a slumber state.

It is a shame you don't/can't do these anymore Robb. I once signed up for one in the USA and then got a job opportunity out in China I couldn't turn down which meant i had to bail. Something I've always felt sad about but something in the end I couldn't pass up.

While that exact job never panned out, in the end I took another job which means i get to travel a lot each year and I've seen it all while travelling. Personally my preference is to stay in hostels because I often travel alone and I'm a social person who likes to meet people and I just don't get that in hotels. And i'd like to say you are not alone.

While most of the people I've met while travelling are lovely genuine people, I've seen a lot of the entitled asshats who feel they can complain about everything that doesn't fit their exact standards. Now this annoys me alot. But what pisses me off so so much more is people who complain about cultural differences which cause them minor inconvenience, for example I saw an american woman shouting at hostel staff that the restaurant didn't serve hamburgers in Laos.... You're in Laos... If you cannot get a hamburger... perhaps try something different.

Travelling to these places is a privilege not a right and people would do well to remember that. There will always be asshats out there who give the rest of us a bad name, And while I understand 100% why you don't do the trips anymore. For us (i like to think non asshats) its a crying shame that the few can ruin it for the masses.

(Also what annoys me is people who take pictures with iPads while travelling but that's just me)

OMG and this....

1539154827_ScreenShot2017-01-21at01_35_12.png.4b3b7592e302e99be65a31100ca05833.png

OMG!!! IT WAS A HOLIDAY WEEKEND YOU STUPID IDIOT FU*CKING MORON!!!! YOU KNOW **NOTHING** ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA! STOP PRETENDING YOU DO!!!!

Seriously this guy has been tracking our YouTube channel for YEARS and then doing a "report' on how well or bad the TPR YouTube Channel is doing and it is COMEDY GOLD!!!! Everything he says is completely wrong, and everything he thinks he knows about social media is entirely backwards. But hey, he can go on with his little crusade because it's HILARIOUS!!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Here, I'll even screen shot right out of our YouTube analytics because we have nothing to hide and it amuses me to showcase how ignorant this person is....

We saw a peak on Saturday, January 14th because that was the Saturday of a holiday weekend. And if you know anything about social media, which I do and this guy doesn't, then you'll know that you always see a peak during those times. Weekends are always usually higher as more people are out of school and out of work. Common sense, really, but not so common for many people.

813916829_ScreenShot2017-01-21at01_38_19.thumb.png.99601b54b8494bc68757163dfb561f07.png

Here's our subscribers for the same time period. Oh, look, there is also a peak over the holiday weekend. Our subs to unsubs ratio is totally normal and our channel has grown at a fairly steady clip for years.

1162374130_ScreenShot2017-01-21at01_38_40.thumb.png.f1a622968afbabc71b7ae3bc009cd022.png

Hate to break it to you Rastus but we have NEVER "bought" any views or subscribers. NEVER. And you can not believe that as much as you'd like because that still doesn't change the fact that we have the #1 YouTube channel of the industry BY A HUGE MARGIN no matter what you say! DEAL WITH IT!!!!

EDIT: And here is further proof that I didn't "buy" any views, because all our other engagement also follows the same pattern. If I had bought any views or subs than one would spike while the other didn't. But that's not the case. Unless of course I went and I bought views, subs, likes, comments, and everything else. But really, when we are already averaging 300k - 400k views per day over the month, why would it make sense that one weekend I would decide to buy another 150,000 or so views?. What does that even get me? "OH BOY!!!! THIS DAY I MADE 500K VIEWS INSTEAD OF 350K!!! WOW!!!! THAT'S LIKE AN AVERAGE OF 74 VIEWS PER VIDEO!!! PEOPLE ARE REALLY GOING TO TAKE NOTICE NOW!!!!"

Yeah, it makes no sense. Actually the only single factor in this whole scenario that DOES make sense is that Rastus is an idiot.

Corkscrew.jpg.57819b2048b57d1568de0afd549b00a3.jpg

1687550632_ScreenShot2017-01-21at01_44_22.thumb.png.1175bed8140df097b63c793c9d0a808f.png

36827633_ScreenShot2017-01-21at01_44_39.thumb.png.24ca5d07207a78ec822bac4dec5cae94.png

223586778_ScreenShot2017-01-21at01_44_49.thumb.png.1630562e570683dca31ae51e92bfb599.png

Edited by robbalvey

It takes a special brand of unbalanced to think you have a right to free speech on a privately owned message board or social media.

The other thing that shows up in this thread is the idea that existing communities should adjust to fit personal needs. Communities develop their own culture and personality over time. Whatever happened to new people surveying the lay of the land and going elsewhere if they don't like it? You can have a pretty healthy understanding of how things work here after about an hour of reading. I'll never understand the new member that shows up to an existing community and declares that people that have been around for years are "meanie butts" and should immediately change to fit the expectations of the new member.

It takes a special brand of unbalanced to think you have a right to free speech on a privately owned message board or social media.

And this is exactly what a HUGE population of people think. They honestly think they can come on our privately owned forum or any of our social channels and say whatever the hell they want to, no matter how insulting, now matter how vulgar or disparaging, and then don't understand why their comments get deleted and their account is banned.

In summary - there are a lot of stupid people on this planet.

It is amazing how ignorant people are in not understanding the meaning of freedom of speech. I little bit of research can help these asshats.

But then again this happens everywhere in the US, not just online.

Edited by larrygator

It still amazes me the crap these people come up with. I'm nothing but grateful to Robb, Elissa and KT for both the epic fun times I enjoyed on the Leviathon and New Hotness Tours as well as my 3 months living in Orlando!

I just can't imagine any situation that would make me go from a raving TR to posting horrible stuff like this, and to make a dig on a child insane! Mind you as someone who spends their time teaching dance to kids of all ages from about 2 years+ I have never come across such a well behaved and polite child as Kristen.

One guy ran into a plastic garbage can during TPR Quest and acted as if he had just lost a leg in Vietnam and had the PR team basically consoling him in the middle of picnic area as they were obviously worried about a potential B.S. lawsuit even though everyone knew the guy was fine. I happened to look up on "stage" to see Elissa understandably rolling her eyes in disgust. Who wouldn't vent???

OMG! Don't even get me started on this! His "injury" if my memory serves correctly had more to do with the fact that his ex-girlfriend showed up at the event with her new boyfriend and he was trying to play the "oh, I'm hurt" sympathy card on her. I wanted to be all "Um, this is WHY she's not your girlfriend anymore!!!!!" Ugh, I hate people.

Some coaster enthusiasts are super cool, but an unreasonably high percentage of them are either weird as hell, entitled sh*tbags or some combination of these two things. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you've either never been to an enthusiast event or you're likely part of the problem. If I had to deal with these people for a living I'd lose my damn mind.

This is so true. Every single word of this. And for us personally, we made the conscious decision that we were no longer going to put up nor welcome the "entitled sh*tbags" into TPR anymore. Yes, this has been met with resistance and lots of crap thrown our way, but we don't care. Because reading stupid comments from them on the internet complaining about us is SOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER than having to put up with these horrible people for a day at an event much less an entire week on a trip.

I'm sure doing that from 8AM (or earlier) to Midnight (or later) would be exhausting, especially if it was a trip where you'd then have to get on a bus with the same people and do it again day after day. Who wouldn't need to vent???

You get this. Many people don't. People do not realize that when we do a tour, and that tour is ten days for example, that is ten days of 24/7 working on the trip. We don't really have that much "fun" on those trips as it is mostly all work, and it's all work so that everyone else on the trip can have fun. So when we have entitled sh*tbags like the guy I quoted above and all his horrible friends that we cannot stand, and then we do this for 10 years, you can bet Jurassic we are going to say "screw this" and no longer do those tours anymore. In 2012 we were on the road for something like 120 days that year. That's a LOT of time putting up with horrible people. And we just aren't going to do it anymore. Sure, we'll still do trips, but we'll pick and choose the people we WANT on our trips.

Amen!!

This is why I love TPR.

In recent months/years, it's been one of the only places online (or offline) not overrun with entitled sh*tbags.

I've been to one event (Bizarro Bash) and one unofficial trip (2016 US trip). Both the bash and the trip were incredibly well planned with plenty of coasters and great people. I really appreciate all of the planning Robb and Elissa did to make the events as stress-free and relaxing as possible. And going to these events offers me perks that I can't get on my own (ERT, Q&As, more).

The trips and events really should be dreams for roller coaster enthusiasts and I can't understand why people would complain. And then make it personal too? That's ridiculous. I'm grateful for the trip and the least I can do is give a big thank you, share trip reports of the awesome experiences, and not create drama.

More examples of how this guy is completely clueless when it comes to the Internet and social media...

1242881357_ScreenShot2017-01-22at18_45_17.png.076982b7d86f2435f28243c0dc84f83e.png

First of all, we don't own a condo. Second of all there are plenty of other "theme park fansites" that are also on Patreon, for example:

WDW Radio: https://www.patreon.com/wdwradio

Retro Disney World: https://www.patreon.com/retrowdw

Coaster Radio: https://www.patreon.com/coasterradio

WDWNT: https://www.patreon.com/wdwnt

Sounds to me like someone is just very very jealous!

BTW, please support our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/themeparkreview

Thank you!

For myself Robb, if it wasn't for you and all of your wonderful overseas tours I took for ten years,

I would never have gotten back into solo travel, as I have now. Thanks to you, Elissa (and your

teams), who planned and juggled schedules and destinations... totally amazing, from the first one

I took in the UK, to my final tour with you in Scandinavia.

I do miss doing them with you, still. But it's all noted what went on here, with the crap constantly

growing and getting out of hand more and more.... totally understand your deciding enough was enough.

So, THANK YOU again for all that you did for us, all those tours. It brought me back to life after a very

tumultuous medical and mental breakdown, I was recovering from.

It was The Best Medicine in The/My World: Roller Coasters, Theme Parks & TPR!

IMG_2356.JPG.3868a6853f87b2e7489ff1821c34ec63.JPG

DCA - Sept.2016 - Mater & Me - First USA solo tour in 20+ years!

More examples of how this guy is completely clueless when it comes to the Internet and social media...

Sounds to me like someone is just very very jealous!

BTW, please support our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/themeparkreview

Thank you!

Done, I guess I have to thank this person so that you posted this. I had been thinking about joining Club TPR but this sealed the deal.

I don't post a lot, but I've been a member of the site for a long time. The amount of stories that leak through from some of the trips made me wonder how you guys handled it all. Nowadays, after working at a park for a year and currently working at airport security, I fully understand the need to vent and yell about stupid people. It happens every day at my job, and the repercussions of people doing something stupid are far higher. You guys handled things to the best of your ability. If I were in your place I would have done the same, if not a larger reaction at times.

You guys run a great site and put out great content. Its one of the reasons I come and visit so often even though I don't post. Getting to live vicariously though your trip reports and videos are things that bring smiles to my face. Eventually I'd like to be able to travel and see some of these places as well.

Never let the assholes get you down.

I stumbled upon the below video. Listen in at 2:00, then again at 3:30...

I can see how some immature butt-hurt kids can get offended by comments like this and blog their asses off, but there are also decent adult humans out there who respect the rules and regulations of theme parks, and want to be part of TPR. I just hope you realize that just because I haven't met you yet, doesn't make me an "internet a$$hole"

I stumbled upon the below video. Listen in at 2:00, then again at 3:30...

I can see how some immature butt-hurt kids can get offended by comments like this and blog their asses off, but there are also decent adult humans out there who respect the rules and regulations of theme parks, and want to be part of TPR. I just hope you realize that just because I haven't met you yet, doesn't make me an "internet a$$hole"

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or being serious. That whole commentary was a joke. Directed at people on the internet that take things too seriously. You got that, right? I can't tell if you do.

Edited by robbalvey