TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

^ If you're talking about the one you posted, it's not exactly the same one you've posted seeing there is different angles and other parts of the ride shown on this video, plus this one is longer. If that's not the case then I don't exactly know what you're talking about. I checked before I posted and this exact video hasn't been posted on here before.

Yikes, you're right. I stand corrected. My apologies bud. Either way, a shame there aren't more videos of it.

Another great video of Medusa Steel Coaster

Currently "this video is private"

That has got to be one of the best coaster-videos ever produced. It is just a thing of beauty in 1080p on my bigscreen.

I really hope I get to ride this coaster one day. Perhaps one should save up to make a RMC-tour.

The video is private now

It doesn't matter, the second video is so better and still public.

Does the first inversion ruin the drop?

Au contraire, mon ami. I would say it totally improved the drrop!

Oops! I totally forgot about this ride!

Just checked out a POV, and Medusa looks amazing!

That roll into the drop is beautiful and it seems to have great speed and pace! Hauling ass right into the final breaks.

It also is a good length, which is one thing the other RMCs (minus NTG) lack. I have no idea how many people get to SF: Mexico but hopefully enough for it to rank on Mitch Hawker, curious to see where it'd fall!

^Iron Rattler and Goliath are also actually longer than Medusa.

Damn, it certainly seemed longer, guess the others move too fast!

Not that I'll get to Mexico any time soon so POV is all I have : (

Goliath also goes a hell of a lot faster too.... so.....

30 second ride vs more complete ride experience. I've been on the 30 second balls to the wall ride before, and they are plenty of fun at first, but the adrenaline quickly fades as you get used to it and know what to expect. I'll take the smaller Medusa. The expereince will remain consistent as long as its maintained.

Also, One thing I find humorous is the general GPness of TPR's youtube page. It really is a whole different world. I read one comment that said "They ripped off Goliath!" SMDH NO!

Yeah just wanted to comment how this looks like a sick ride, and was surprised how long it is (even if that's because it doesn't move as fast as some others). RMC is going to dominate the top 10 soon.

Goliath also goes a hell of a lot faster too.... so.....

30 second ride vs more complete ride experience. I've been on the 30 second balls to the wall ride before, and they are plenty of fun at first, but the adrenaline quickly fades as you get used to it and know what to expect. I'll take the smaller Medusa. The expereince will remain consistent as long as its maintained.

I've yet to ride one of the RMCs, but I have to agree—the layout of this looks extremely impressive. The RMC designs , thus far, have struck me as either very cool and forward-thinking or just an exercise in weird elements and the extreme. Although I wouldn't kick it out of bed, Goliath has almost zero appeal to me due to the design, but this looks like the best thing they've done yet.

But even if some of their rides don't hold much personal appeal, this is clearly a company that's innovating on a number of levels, and it's fascinating to watch the ideas they crank out. I personally would love to see them focus on more immersive layouts such as this and would even welcome some designs that featured far more modest proportions. Structural interplay seems to be their thing, and that's most evident in designs like this one.

^I haven't been on the new version, but the first drop was never anything to write home about in the first place so I can't imagine that there was a whole lot to 'ruin.'

I don't mean relative to the original.. I'm a classicdrop fanboy and this one looks like it loses most of its momentum/airtime because of the first inversion. I haven't ridden it though so I have no clue.

^I get what you mean. But we don't really know what they would have made with the drop. Naturally we assume it would have some great air because of the speed already carried by the trains.

• 1 month later...

SFM posted to their Facebook:

GRAN ANUNCIO: Permanezcan al pendiente ya que este jueves anunciaremos cuál será la nueva atracción que Six Flags México tendrá para ustedes en el 2015, ¿ansiosos por conocerla? Aquí les dejamos una pista...

(translated on FB)

Big Announcement: remain in the slope of the fact that this Thursday we shall be announcing what will be the new attraction to six flags Mexico will be for you in the 2015, anxious to know her? Here we let them a clue...

The picture attached to it is just a random picture of the sky and some clouds. The locals are thinkin SkyScreamer....

SFM posted to their Facebook:

GRAN ANUNCIO: Permanezcan al pendiente ya que este jueves anunciaremos cuál será la nueva atracción que Six Flags México tendrá para ustedes en el 2015, ¿ansiosos por conocerla? Aquí les dejamos una pista...

(translated on FB)

Big Announcement: remain in the slope of the fact that this Thursday we shall be announcing what will be the new attraction to six flags Mexico will be for you in the 2015, anxious to know her? Here we let them a clue...

The picture attached to it is just a random picture of the sky and some clouds. The locals are thinkin SkyScreamer....

That's what was said when someone found all the announcements for every Six Flags parks. It seems like it's all but confirmed that SFM will be receiving one.