TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

^Looks great! I hope they keep dishing these rides out to as many SF parks as they can, they're really fun rides.

True. The views and the height combined with the freedom of the chairs make them great rides!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! It totally looks like ours in Vancouver

(AtmosFEAR) as well as the same ride cycle.

Although ours still spins down, to about 20 feet

above the base/foundation. Minor thing, tho.

Congrats to SFMexico! Ole' indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on Screamscape. SkyScreamer just had its media day, and it sounds like they're already teasing a new ride that will come in 2016. If they're teasing this early, that could be a good sign .

2015 - SkyScreamer - (3/9/15) A new webpage based on covering the coasters and rides of Mexico, http://www.thecoasterzone.com, has posted a video from the opening media day of the Sky Screamer at Six Flags Mexico. Check it out below!

I'm not quite sure what was going on based on the still photos at the start of the video, but it looks like they invited a biker gang into the park to help open the new ride. LOL! In all seriousness though, Six Flags management has been showing Six Flags Mexico some serious love over the past couple of years with the addition of the Joker spinning coaster, the Medusa Steel Coaster transformation and now Sky Screamer. According to interviews with Brett Petit (Six Flags' SVP Marketing) an announcement for another very exciting new attraction for the park will be made this August that he considers to be even more exciting than the new Sky Screamer.

Hello TPR! It took me a while to find some spare time to share with you this little photo report of SkyScreamer's media day at SFM. I work at an institution for kids with down syndrome and we had the luck of being invited to the grand opening! Let's go to the photos:

IMG_20150305_151245265.thumb.jpg.3a12e130af03cbb6aaaf7280f2b33f4a.jpg

What's inside this cool envelope?

IMG_20150305_152311638.thumb.jpg.44e8063e8e3323bee73f0428f1f2c63a.jpg

I've got a ticket to ride!

IMG_20150305_154554861_HDR.thumb.jpg.8aa260db99e45e06d046ea3c082a49ab.jpg

Good afternoon, you beautiful!

IMG_20150305_160146676_HDR.thumb.jpg.8dd9107896555b1a50e48c63a4e38cad.jpg

The "biker gang" LOL! They're actually a rock-pop band called "Moderatto". They're very famous in Latin America.

IMG_20150305_160421323_HDR.thumb.jpg.2191cd484f00f39559a0a0b635a37d30.jpg

The committee has arrived.

IMG_20150305_161656392.thumb.jpg.10e5ba332f6c449c4429493e02a28f29.jpg

First cycle!

IMG_20150305_163450666.thumb.jpg.98df9f509052d3abcd0145451db954d7.jpg

I really like the revamped Six Flags logo. What do you guys think?

IMG_20150305_163620877.thumb.jpg.8018e311f8ea8300bb65c00eaa4cfac0.jpg

You were able to be photographed on the blue carpet after your ride. A little bit dizzy but really happy!

IMG_20150305_163744509.thumb.jpg.e3308dfb05ba4e92bf3a4399bad40cfd.jpg

Batman's new colors! The yellow of the track is a more intense shade than before. Looking great! Hope it's open soon.

IMG_20150305_170423178_HDR.thumb.jpg.4c3e5c5eb20871ea772bcdf385ad79a9.jpg

The new tallest attraction in Mexico City.

I also filmed the countdown and first cycle, take a look:

My impressions:

It's an amazing addition to the park, the views from above are fabulous! You spin really fast and some people might get dizzy. The operations seemed a little bit slow, let's hope they improve with the practice. It opened to the GP on saturday and the lines were incredibly long! I calculate the wait was about 2:30 hrs.

Also, they expanded the batman shop that now also serves an an exit for the new ride.

That's all folks!

Saw this on Screamscape. SkyScreamer just had its media day, and it sounds like they're already teasing a new ride that will come in 2016. If they're teasing this early, that could be a good sign .
2015 - SkyScreamer - (3/9/15) A new webpage based on covering the coasters and rides of Mexico, http://www.thecoasterzone.com, has posted a video from the opening media day of the Sky Screamer at Six Flags Mexico. Check it out below!

I'm not quite sure what was going on based on the still photos at the start of the video, but it looks like they invited a biker gang into the park to help open the new ride. LOL! In all seriousness though, Six Flags management has been showing Six Flags Mexico some serious love over the past couple of years with the addition of the Joker spinning coaster, the Medusa Steel Coaster transformation and now Sky Screamer. According to interviews with Brett Petit (Six Flags' SVP Marketing) an announcement for another very exciting new attraction for the park will be made this August that he considers to be even more exciting than the new Sky Screamer.

Sounds like a ride that will do them Justice and put them in a League of their own and arm them for Battle, But I'm guessing. It's a Shot in the Dark.

If it is that would kind of be a letdown. When they said they would be getting some awesome ride for 2016 I assumed it wouldn't be an upcharge attraction.

Well, last year besides Medusa they also opened Slingshot, which is an upcharge ride and was not announced until they finished construction. I'm guessing the SkyCoaster will open this year without any special announcement.

Hmmm... This looks a lot like Dare Devil Dive from SF New England...

or Caribbean Swing from SF Hurricane Harbor (Arlington, TX)

Screamscape - Six Flags over Texas (12/23/14 - UPDATE) Local sources tell us a few attractions have been removed from the Six Flags over Texas parks. For starters, the Skycoaster has been removed from the nearby Hurricane Harbor waterpark and the pieces stacked up in a parking lot awaiting transport to a new home. Rumor says the Skycoaster’s future may be somewhere South of the border.

• 2 months later...

]#Throwback

Take a look at this. The main entrance to Reino Aventura 6 years before the conversion to SFM. It was beautiful!

This was part of the Whaling Walls series of murals by artist Robert Wyland. This piece of art named "Free Keiko" was part of the movement for the release of Keiko, the orca from the "Free Willy" movie.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.2ad80e49cfd8a05f60d8befda4736489.jpg

It such a shame that Six Flags decided to get rid of it, maybe to avoid any Sea World reference?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...