• Disneyland Resort
    • Walt Disney World
    • Tokyo Disney Resort
    • Disneyland Resort Paris

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this poll should have been based on Magic Kingdom parks ONLY, since WDW is really a full blown resort, made up of four parks, including a MK.

But that's just me. And still, for my €uros it's DisneyParis MK at this time. Beautiful layout, as big as WDW's, but still intimate like DL. Can't wait to go back to it this coming April (15th Anniversary!).

And sorry, but there IS more to a theme park than just thrill rides and coasters. Hence the word 'theme'?

DLR! DLR!

Pirates kills WDW.

Jungle Cruise, Space, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz are all way better at DLR.

DLR has much nicer landscaping, more varied, gradient paths as well.

To me, DLR has Walt's touch, wdw feels much more commercial, and is way to spread out. It kills your feet!!

DLR just has so much more atmosphere.

• 6 years later...

Since my last post, I have had the opportunity to

now tour all of the various Disney MKs. Hong Kong

Disneyland being added, this past September.

So, my choice has changed to Tokyo Disney Sea.

No other explanation is needed. There are thousands

of posts telling of how TDS is such a WOW to visit. Even

from the non-Disney freeks, heh heh.

Edited by Nrthwnd

WDW for two reasons. One, it is an immersive place with much to do and many parks and other things to explore. Second, it's the only Disney property I have been to, so I'm a little biased on it. That's not saying my opinion would change, though, if I visited another Disney property.

I would love to visit TDR though, I'm sure my opinion would change if I went there judging by all the praise it has received.

I've only been to the Disneyland Resort in California and Disneyland Paris in France, and California's is definitely the better of the two. Not only are both parks better than either of the French parks, but the resort as a whole is just superior in almost every way (variety, convenience, service, etc). It also doesn't feel like it's stuck in the 90s, which is the feeling I got at Disneyland Paris, and has some of my favorite rides of their type at anypark anywhere (such as Indiana Jones Adventure, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Soarin' Over California, and Radiator Springs Racers). The only two advantages I give to the Paris parks are that they are easier to access by public transit and they have some very different versions of well-known Disney attractions (though not better in every case).

As far as individual parks go, I rank them as follows in my overall park rankings.

Disneyland

(1 park gap)

Disney California Adventure Park

Disneyland Paris-Disneyland Park

(large gap)

Disneyland Paris-Walt Disney Studios Park

DLR....it has the power to create those infamous 'fan boys.'

I feel welcome and a part of something when I'm there. Can't really explain it other than it's comfortable to me. And it is nice being able to beeline it from Splash Mountain to Space Mountain in 10 minutes.

Although Epcot is EASILY my favorite park, overall I prefer the Disneyland Resort. I just find it easier and cozier. I think WDW is great, but it can be a bit overwhelming. Plus I despise the difficulty of swapping parks. They do a great job at making it as easy as they can with the setup they have, but I still would rather walk across the esplanade to the other park rather than wait for a bus/monorail/ferry to drive me the couple miles to the next park.

Really what it comes down to, I was raised on DL. I have memories built up there, it feels like home. WDW is amazing, but it feels different. I don't have the memories and experiences I've accumulated at DLR. This is obviously something that would work in reverse for people that have grown up on WDW, and that why I let people have their opinions and don't really argue which is better because it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I haven't been to the international parks, so they aren't included here.

I think over the last ten years, I have seen many impressive things from all Disney Resorts. WDW is the only one I have visited, so that is where I've cast my vote. Although I regret never visiting any of their water parks, the fact that I can visit all four parks in one day and ride all the rides I desire at Disney, it is just amazing....the main obstacle was going to Animal Kingdom simply for Everest by 6 PM, but it was always worth it.

Based on looks, Disney Sea is just amazing and almost got my vote based on its looks. California Adventure keeps getting more impressive, and I hope that WDW the other Disney Land Resorts will continue to develop to that level.

I've been to all of 'em and hands down the winner is Tokyo Disneysea. If you haven't been - trust me - it not only lives up to expectations...but blows them away. This park truly excels at the "wow" factor both in themed environments, attraction mix, and service!

Disneyland Paris may sweep the "prettiest" park award for this list - but the operations there and (not naming any specific demographics) the guest behavior at the park drop it in my rankings.

I completely agree with "rcdude" - Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris is absolutely at the bottom of my list too. Yes - it's version of Rock n Roller Coaster is an exceptional improvement over Florida's, and the Nemo coaster is alot of fun. But the park really is pretty dismal overall.

Heading back to Disneyland in February...."the original" still holds a "very close Best Disney Park #2" in my heart!

• 10 months later...

As of right now, I have been to every Disney park except the ones in California, and my favorite is DisneySea. If that park had food and wine it would be absolute perfection. As it is, I think it is the closest possible thing to my perfect park that exists right now.

• 6 years later...

I figured, I might as well post this here, as well as in the Random Thread.

I sort of, just realized, that the rest of my/our traveling years are

(probably) going to be spent, just going to Disney Parks and Resorts...

2022 - Disney Paris* ~ David's and My 50th Anniversary Year Visit! ~ Our very 1st visit was in 2002.

2023 - Nuthin' at this time. (Maybe pay the credit cards off?)

2024 - WDW - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom ONLY.

2025 - Disney Tokyo (We'd love to add Hong Kong and Shanghai, to this trip. But...$$$???)

2026 - Back to Paris*? One more time?

Not that there's anything wrong with this realization.

And I'll be 69 and David will be 75, when 2022 rolls around.

Things that make you go..... "What's your Fave!"

*And Amsterdam, too.

P.S. In 2023, we could actually return to Disneyland and DCA

and check out RoTR and M&MsRR, Avengers Campus by then.

Money, money, money....

823005120_ResizeofIMG_2690.JPG.9a8289ff6541efb55029bf5b30cd7bd5.JPG

Tokyo Disneyland ~ 2013 ~ See you in 2025, Mickey!

enjoy-your-weekend-hearts-83452.gif.9392ddd25357b0ec49d8bf8669995b19.gif

Edited by Nrthwnd

where there are still a few Disney park complexes I have not been to. . .

on the TPR Japan trip I was introduced to TDL (with Pooh's Hunny Hunt) an TDS (with Sindbad, 20,000 Leagues, Aquatopia, Nemo, and that amazing Tower of Terror - unfortunately, Journey was down for refurb, so have to go back in the future to ride that). . but even with Journey closed?

Tokyo Disney Sea is my favorite, hands down, and think it will be hard to beat for a long while.

^ I would love this poll to be re-opened, and see how it all goes, nowadays?

What with DisneySea REALLY being noticed and loved A LOT now.

And Shanghai added in, as well.

747590107_ResizeofIMG_1296.JPG.7d8225b0d7ff4993e58bd8bc8abae3cf.JPG

My amazing meal in HKDL, before leaving for home. Sept.30-2012.

^ We haven't been to Animal Kingdom, yet. But of the three we did get to, through the years,

EPCOT has still been my fave WDW Park. I have always enjoyed going to Worlds Fairs around the world

(got to several of them in earlier years), and EPCOT still has that "look" of such an event,

no matter how many changes and additions/subtractions the two main areas go through.

Looking forward to all the new stuff there, when we plan

(hopefully) to hit their annual Food & Wine Fest in Nov.2024!

IM000843.thumb.JPG.67750ca7b0615079ad7f6917928cc35e.JPG

NOT a Fave Disney Ride of Mine: Indiana Jones, BACKWARDS! 2004 DLP Yep, that's me begging it to stop.

1 - Tokyo DisneySea, This park blew me away! The theming, the rides, the atmosphere and the cast members where all fantastic Also I love the concept of this park, and steampunk is one of my favorite themes

2- Disneyland Park Paris, This park is amazingly beautiful, they have a fantastic Space Mountain, Big Thunder & Pirates, and I loved Phantom Manor. And again LOVE the steampunk themed Discoveryland. The park seems very well maintained and all the cast members I met where wonderful And personally I thought the food was great. (Mind you I´m used to Tusenfryd´s food and well... The less said about that the better )

3- Hong Kong Disneyland, I found this park really charming. While it's quite small the attractions they have are great! Especially Mystic Manor. The location of the park is great and the mountains surrounding it looks beautiful.

4- Shanghai Disneyland, Now I did not have that much time to spend in this park as I had to squeeze it in while at work. However they have some really great rides (Tron, Pirates), however I was not really a fan of their version of Main Street as I found it a bit to wide and open. The park is HUGE and really quite beautiful, especially the pirate area. And their Tomorrowland is gorgeous.

5- Walt Disney Studios Paris, Now this is a strange park, the rides are good, really liked ratatouille and their Tower of Terror is good, especially now with the new stories and drop profiles. Crush´s coaster was okay but certainly not worth more than a 40 minute wait. I actually really like the entrance area as I found it quite cozy and it's great when it is raining I'm sure this park will be MUCH better once the expansion is finished.

I've only been to 3 resorts but I'd rank the individual parks like this:

1) Disneyland Park (there's just so much to do there and it's adorable)

2) Animal Kingdom (the most stunningly beautiful theme park I've ever seen... though I haven't been to Tokyo Disney)

3-6) Some combination of Disneyland Park Paris, Magic Kingdom, California Adventure and Hollywood Studios

7) Epcot (for now, but I love everything that they're building and this place looks to be unrecognizable in a few years).

8) It's just understood at this point that this spot if forever reserved for Walt Disney Studios Paris, right?

For me, Disneyland Park is my favorite because of how cute it is and the insane amount of things they have to do. The fact that Galaxy's Edge is in that park now actually blows my mind.

That said, Animal Kingdom is a masterpiece and it's right there for me too. It's beautiful in most places and ugly by design in others. Even without Pandora this place would be mind blowing, but with it there's just no competition. Flight of Passage might be my favorite Disney ride anywhere too which is the icing on the cake.

If we're ranking entire resorts like this poll (but not the title) suggests, WDW has 4 parks, 2 waterparks, Disney Springs and a ton of other great things. I mean... come on.

Edited by coasterbill