TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Twisted Colossus Hard Hat Tour *Final Tour Before Opening!*

Has there been any announcement or discussion about whether they are actually going to have a show or something of that nature in the theater again?? How long has it been since it was actually utilized for anything other than group stuff like Q&A at WCB...?

I think they have a different act in their every summer. I remember a terrible magician and a Chinese acrobat troupe in the last few years?

Remember CSI?! NEVER FORGET!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great pictures! This ride looks crazy!

It's interesting to see how the trains in storage don't rest on the road wheels here.

When The Voyage was being designed, HW's maintenance team actually requested that they design the storage area to where the trains rest on the upstop wheels. This supposedly makes it easier to get up under the trains to work on stuff and inspect them.

Also to eliminate flat spots on road wheels so that the ride would be smoother.

Was B&M the first one to start doing it? And how can Intamin coasters stay so smooth without having to rest on upstop wheels or storage wheels?

Looks freaking amazing! I too am glad that they are putting what looks like quite a bit of effort into theming that part of the park. I really hope to get out there in the next year for my first visit!

Thanks for taking the time to do this update Caesar.

David

Great pictures! This ride looks crazy!

It's interesting to see how the trains in storage don't rest on the road wheels here.

When The Voyage was being designed, HW's maintenance team actually requested that they design the storage area to where the trains rest on the upstop wheels. This supposedly makes it easier to get up under the trains to work on stuff and inspect them.

Also to eliminate flat spots on road wheels so that the ride would be smoother.

Was B&M the first one to start doing it? And how can Intamin coasters stay so smooth without having to rest on upstop wheels or storage wheels?

This is not so much the case anymore. B&M designed their maintenance tracks to offer easier accessibility to the wheel assemblies. I don't think it's to prevent flat spots on the wheels.

When I was at RMC's shop while they were making the track for TC, they were currently working on "the most twisted piece of track [he'd] seen so far". Definitely looks like it!

i'd think it's for ease of installation of the main wheels.

Twisted Colossus looks just how the name described it. you are so luck to get a tour of that awesome ride. I wonder are they going to give it a paint job and make all the support structures white?

I love the ending shot it reminded of the Cedar point peninsula shot with the spaghetti bowl of coasters.

The pics of the little, especially the twissler made me laugh out loud.

Great report. Wish I was on the west coast! I probably won't make it out there until Dec to see all this awesomeness. lol

Twisted Colossus looks just how the name described it. you are so luck to get a tour of that awesome ride. I wonder are they going to give it a paint job and make all the support structures white?

They are painting all the support beams white (except for the section of the cross beam that goes under the track).

Wow, this looks fantastic. Nearly every element of this project exceeds my expectations.

-As others have said, the double-down element looks insane. I'm actually still somewhat wondering if the element will have to be changed out for something tamer a la Maverick's heartline roll.

-While I was initially dubious about Scream's new paint job (I really liked the old 3 color scheme), it looks fantastic in these photos and really proves a better fit with the surrounding skyline, IMO.

-The new Screampunk District looks great, and I think this is just what that section of the park needed. There actually seems to be more themeing than I was expecting, and there's also a lot of modernization that seems to have gone on to the surrounding facilities, pathways, etc., which is nice.

Thanks for all the replies! Seriously, I've got to hand it to SFMM for really going all out on this project, and of course RMC is seriously kicking A$$! I really had a dilemma deciding whether to go home and post the pictures, or stay for testing. Of course, I chose the report, so it is good to see that it's getting some views.

^I was just curious. I didn't realize dueling coasters were a gimmick. And is Twisted Colossus now a dueling coaster? It never has any actual dueling elements. Everything is always running parallel. Racing yes, dueling, not so much. Generally dueling would imply that the coasters have opposing directions and near misses. I guess it's really up to interpretation, but I don't see this as a dueling coaster. Extreme racing coaster, absolutely! I would argue against dueling.

^Well, considering that it has only one track and two lift hills, it can't really "race." I'd call it a "dueling" coaster (depending on how the park operates it). Or maybe it's best not to think about such things and simply enjoy the ride.

Edited by cfc