TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Longest queue line

And let's don't forget "Viper" at Six Flags Great America....not for the station queue, but that exit line is WAY longer than the ride itself....

I try to be the first person thru the exit turnstile, only because I am a fast walker and there's nothing worse than trying to get off of a ride and be saddled behind some shuffling peeps meandering, when all I want to do is get to the next ride.

I wonder how long the queue was when Viper's entrance was in Hometown Square.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superman at SFGAdv. When I made it to the stairs in the scorching sun the ride also decided to break down. After waiting an aditional 15 minutes I left. To add insult to injury (sunburn) 10 minutes later I could see it running again.

Green Lantern felt like an insane walk in a maze to. It was a walk-on more or less but it took forever to reach the ride.

Six Flags St. Louis has some really quirky queues. I think Batman and Boss have been mentioned already. They have excessively long portions that cannot be "expressed" (you have to walk through the whole thing). Even Mr. Freeze has a long, non-skippable queue because you have to cross over Thunder River. In the case of the Boss, the entire queue is not expressable. It is built over natural terrain so this is sort of understandable, but it could have been avoided. Batman is ridiculous as they have the line snake through "the garden" for a ridiculous length... it can take around 3-4 minutes to walk through. Then the rest of the queue is labyrinthine, so squirrelly that people frequently get lost. There is a "handicap entrance" halfway through the queue, I have no idea when if ever that was used, or how. Also, the flash pass entrance seems like it was just cut through the queues. There is also a small area where you can plainly see SF's entire stockpile of Gerstlaur wooden trains, SFNO logos and all. (The Twisted Twins are in there is well.) They make zero effort to hide or maintain these parts... backrests are just strewn everywhere. I think they were compensating for the Original B:TR's queue that was too short, but they seriously overcompensated. There are rumors of an express path being cut through the garden, but that has yet to happen.

- Before Flying Unicorn/Flight of the Hippogriff was installed at IOA, Dueling Dragons used to have an INSANELY long queue. It was a massive maze of overflow zones leading up to the castle along with the labyrinth inside the castle. It was a doozy. I think I even heard a rumor (or maybe it was fact) many years ago that if you walked the entire thing through every overflow and every switchback it was 2 miles long or something absurd like that.

- The Bat and White Water Canyon at KI are both quite the hikes

- Kingda Ka's old queue before the "breakdown" a few weeks after it opened was MONDO as well. It was the switchback behind the lockers, then a long winding path under the launch track where there were 3 more massive switchback zones, and then a long straight path leading to the station. As far as I know tho, the park has since ripped out all of the handrails of the switchbacks back there and kind of converted the covered switchback building into a mini maintenance building.

- Boss and Batman at SFSL are yes… just notorious for their unnecessarily long queues. That Batman one though… oof!

There are some other really long ones that come to mind, but thats only if you walked through their giant mazes of switchbacks. Of those giant cattle pen queues or ones with various sections of overflow areas usually have some way to bypass them all though. Like some of the Cedar Point coasters or attractions at IOA that have mondo overflow zones.

Forbidden Journey is the longest queue I ever made I think. In addition to the normal queue, we went through some extra parts in the Jurassic Park land, and even in the backstage next to HP's show building.

Also, Europa Park's Fjord Rafting queue got A TON of switchbacks, and they made us walk them all! It was full of people but we were walking at a normal pace. Really, truly, dizzying.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the unnecessarily long queue line of The Bat at Kings Island.

I mean, technically it is necessary since you have to get back to the ride somehow. There's a little path back by the station for quick re-rides, which essentially renders the longer path no longer part of the line.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the unnecessarily long queue line of The Bat at Kings Island.

I mean, technically it is necessary since you have to get back to the ride somehow. There's a little path back by the station for quick re-rides, which essentially renders the longer path no longer part of the line.

Okay, I take back the unnecessary part.

Its a necessary. But still long.

Okay, I take back the unnecessary part.

Its a necessary. But still long.

The old Dueling Dragons.

Didn't Batman: The Ride at one of the SF parks (maybe SFStL) have an even longer queue than the other B:TRs?

I've been on 4 different Batmans [ SFMM, SFOG, SFSTL, SFGAM] and the one at SFSTL definitely seemed to have the longest queue.

Great Adventure's Batman had a long queue that was basically the same as Magic Mountain's.

That quene line hasn't filled up in ages but it used to back in the 90's when the park pulled in near 4 million people a year. Luckily Batman has good capacity though.

Zumanjaro's quene line is crazy long and so is it's adjacent exit path. Even when the line is over an hour long, it doesn't stretch much farther than the shade structure. I can't imagine how long the line would take if it filled up to the entrance.