TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vekoma signs deal to sell RMC coasters in Europe and Asia

I did a search, and I could not see this discussed on the forum.

In the November issue of Parkworld Magazine Vekoma made the announcement that they have been selected as the partner to RMC.

RMC coasters have only been available for the North American market so far, but that will now change.

Vekoma and Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) have initiated a new partnership for wooden coasters.

RMC will continue to serve the North America market, but now we can offer customers in Europe and Asia the new Topper and IBOX track, which considerably improves the ride experience. Wooden coasters have offered ride excitement for many years, but now with this new wood steel alternative we can offer the thrill, the nostalgia and intensity of a wooden coaster, but with added speed and smoothness.

This is great news, and I'm very interested in this. Vekoma sure knows how to construct wooden coasters, but they aren't the greatest. Hopefully this means we will see some new awesome RMC creations in Europe soon!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see which projects will come up first. European parks seem to be content to have one wooden coaster so far - and most of those already have one. Other parks have so far decided against them like Hansa-Park - or simply do not have the space to built one like Phantasialand.

At first glance I think Chinese parks could be first to get one.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does this mean? Does Vekoma simply sell the product and RMC will still design, manufacture, and build the products? Does this mean that RMC track can be fabricated overseas?

Yep, I think so. Mack sells GCI woodies in Europa and GCI manufactures them. So I thinks it's something like this.

Hopefully we can expect a RMC in Europe, would be awesome!

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does this mean? Does Vekoma simply sell the product and RMC will still design, manufacture, and build the products? Does this mean that RMC track can be fabricated overseas?

I have no idea to be honest, but my best guess would be that RMC would design the ride the way they want it, and Vekoma is responsible for the customer contact, manufacturing and building of the ride. Surely there would be more than one factory in Europe able to produce the ride, that they can hire. The trains would probably still be built by RMC.

Why can't RMC sell their own coasters in Europe?

I'm sure they can, but why not partner with a huge, international company with years of experience and success marketing in Europe and Asia? Vekoma has relationships with a ton of parks in those areas, and probably have marketing staff that can communicate with those parks better than RMC.

It makes perfect since to me, both companies can do what they do best. RMC can engineer some of the greatest wooden and hybrid coasters we have ever seen and Vekoma can sell rides in masses.

Hopefully this just means RMC is just using Vekoma as the middle man. RMC will have to firmly hold Vekoma's hand the help them create their fine masterpieces. Please let it be a take it or leave it agreement. Where RMC standards rule out any Vekoma-ness involved in production.

It is kind of a funny combo considering they have pretty much "opposite" reputations in the minds of many enthusiasts! Not that I'm worried; I'm sure they both know what they're doing. Hope this leads to some exciting new paths for RMC.

Any chance this means there's something already planned?

Why can't RMC sell their own coasters in Europe?

I'm sure they can, but why not partner with a huge, international company with years of experience and success marketing in Europe and Asia? Vekoma has relationships with a ton of parks in those areas, and probably have marketing staff that can communicate with those parks better than RMC.

I totally agree with this.