TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your Favorite Coaster Manufacturer?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intamin has the best roller coasters in the world! There isn't stopping Intamins amazing ride designs! My least favorite is probaly the head banging death traps from Vekoma. They have some pretty cool coaster designs but they don't know how to make them smooth and actually enjoyable. It's like they like hurting people!

Vekoma

• 3 years later...

^The poll was made in February 2005, before Hades (TGG's first project) even opened.

Also, couldn't TGG be included with CCI? The founders of TGG were all once a part of Custom Coasters...

I feel Intamin is the best manufacturer. The only reason I like Intamin better than B&M is that Intamin is willing to be innovative with their designs and take the risk that comes with it. B&M is pretty conservative in their designs and shies away from anything with reliability issues (*cough*Hulk*cough*).

^^^ I agree with everyone on this page so far. I like that Intamin is well balanced. They make exceptional steel coasters (SROS SFNE, MF, KK, TTD, add other exceptional Intamins) but still manage to make great wooden coasters too (Balder, El Toro, T Express) which makes them my favorite by far. Oh they also have very comfortable restraints.

I voted for Intamin as it has changed the industry over the past few years. Sure B&M, Arrow, and Schwartzkopf have too, but aside from some innovations(the loop/corkscrew) their impact isn't felt as much due to ride closings or a different design mentality. Intamin, however has pushed the envelope ever since its first major coaster, and their designs continue to get better and better.

However, Vekoma has been doing really well over the past few years, and they even have a hyper-coaster design.

Hey my "expert" friends...!!!??? What's about Zamperla??? The Italian manufacturer is missing!!! EOS, Fabbri and L&T System are also missing!!! Mack is also missing (...have you ever ridden Youngstar Coaster???)!!!

The best on the podium with "a good mix of" quality, price, durability, reliability, safety is Maurer Soehne.

If you need an impressive "Ferrari" rollercoaster with speed, comfort, high capacity, etc.) B&M remains the first choice (...budget permitting).

Thinking about a coaster after B&M means ...having fun with Intamin.

For its inventivity, quality and its ability to serve the needs of all its clients. Intamin is in a league of its own.

For second place I would go for Arrow, they might not be the best rides around but they were inventive and also catered for various clients.