TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

Not to side track, but I think that the ease of access with some social media channels has simplified the process to discover idiots.

But yes Robb, people are that stupid. I think they've been here all along, it's just easier to spot them now...

Yes, they just have a large, easy-to-use forum to post their nonsense--and let's not forget the full-on crazy people, too.

Been on the Smoky Mtn. Alpine Coaster. Fun ride, but too expensive. Almost $15 for 1 ride. If these things were 2 for $15 it would be worth it

To be fair, that's actually pretty cheap for an Alpine Coaster! The one in Park City is about $20 per ride and the Labadee one is $25 for the first ride and $10 for a second ride.

You have to remember there are several reasons for the price being this high:

1. It's usually a "one-off ride" where most people ride once.

2. It's a lower capacity ride so you almost have to price it higher otherwise you'll have a crazy long line that would not be worth the ride experience. So in a way, you almost have to realize that the higher cost of the also include a "fast pass" in a way.

3. Because a ride like this gets fewer riders, it is priced higher to offset the cost of maintaining and operating it.

It's not like a larger size coaster that is putting through 800-1200 people an hour. I'm sure most Alpine Coasters probably see about 100 or so people an hour. The Labadee one would send a rider about every 40ish seconds, so I can't imagine they were doing more than 100 people an hour.

They used to offer an "all day pass" for the ride, but they stopped it I'm sure due to longer lines and complaints. Personally, I'd much rather pay a bit more and walk ride on one of these than have to wait in line, but that's just me.

Alpine coasters are popping up everywhere, particularly ski resorts. I have been on 5. I find them very similar, with the same elements, like the end spiral. The Jamaican bobsled version in Ochoa Rios is the craziest, fastest I have been on and the only one where I considered letting off and not going "balls out". The ride attendent gives you a running push to start and you fly by so many close trees. So fun!

I've been on 9-10 so far and I enjoyed every mountain coaster, the only problem is if you have someone going real slow in front of you.

Attached is link to the current installations that I know of in North America (I'm in the process of updating the cost per ride today). Last I checked there were well over 100 Mountain coasters throughout the world.

List of North American Mountain Coasters

Been on the Smoky Mtn. Alpine Coaster. Fun ride, but too expensive. Almost $15 for 1 ride. If these things were 2 for $15 it would be worth it

When you compare $15 for the Mountain Coaster experience vs some kiddie credits that run $10 plus dollars. Well I know what'd I would prefer to spend the money on.

I've been on 9-10 so far and I enjoyed every mountain coaster, the only problem is if you have someone going real slow in front of you.

I nearly murdered the terrible woman in front of me on the Labadee mountain coaster last week. She treated it like a scenic viewing opportunity and kept stopping, taking pictures, going a bit more at a snails pace then stopping again. Luckily the guys running it saw what happened and let me go again for free since my 'ride' was totally ruined!

Attached is link to the current installations that I know of in North America (I'm in the process of updating the cost per ride today). Last I checked there were well over 100 Mountain coasters throughout the world.

List of North American Mountain Coasters

I remember having to brake on a toboggan run one at the top until the car behind me was right up against me because I could see the person in front with a child going about 3MPH and even with almost a minutes head-start i'd still caught up before the halfway mark and had to take it at a snails pace.

I nearly murdered the terrible woman in front of me on the Labadee mountain coaster last week. She treated it like a scenic viewing opportunity and kept stopping, taking pictures, going a bit more at a snails pace then stopping again. Luckily the guys running it saw what happened and let me go again for free since my 'ride' was totally ruined!

I'm already angry just because of reading this. Knowing myself, I would be FURIOUS is something similar happened to me.

That would have driven me insane! I would have bumped her and just pushed her down the rest of the way. That's really cool they let you go again for free.

That would have driven me insane! I would have bumped her and just pushed her down the rest of the way. That's really cool they let you go again for free.

As long as you don't bump like this guy.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I've seen the videos of someone doing this run (Mieders) and the Imst course brakeless and always thought they looked like a lot of fun. If someone was going slow like this or stopping in front of me, however, then I don't think it would be that much fun.

What can I say though? Stopping or nearly stopping on a course knowing someone is certainly behind you, possibly going at a very high rate of speed? Not a good idea.

I've seen the videos of someone doing this run (Mieders) and the Imst course brakeless and always thought they looked like a lot of fun.

Yes it does look really fast. I would be extremely annoyed if someone made me slow down.

But then it wasn't all her fault as you could see there were one or two cars right in front of her at some points.

I did notice that too. The cameraman certainly should have seen that and cut his losses and waited for the next ride to do the speed run, instead of road raging, barreling into her, and breaking every bone in her spine.

There is an 8 minute long version of the video where you see her getting out of the car crying her eyes out and you can clearly see she is a little kid.