TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Agreed!

Am I the only one who thinks the entire cedar fair chain is ****ed up. I mean they also have an S&S power tower. It made more sense in Michigan where the major ride is shivering timbers and besides that there are no major attractions besides wolverine wildcat. Also, Lance(from screamscape) said that Dorny has complaining neighbors, and free fall was loud at SFMM. To make matters funnier SFGA is getting the little dipper, which I think is a great move. A few years ago CF was still a little better than SF, but Six Flags is now better than Cedar Fair.

The I am now fully prepared for knotts to get an edge coaster or an RCCA woodie so we have something new to complain about over the ever terrible manegement Ghost

I've never been to Knotts so I cannot vouch for Montezuma, but if they were going to get rid of it it would be for capacity reasons. They may also want to get rid of it in the future because of the old style of machinery too. At the same time, replacing it with and impulse coaster could be expensive as well.But from what seems as there lack of activity in keeping the park fresh, I don't think anything will happen to it.

I've never been to Knotts so I cannot vouch for Montezuma, but if they were going to get rid of it it would be for capacity reasons. They may also want to get rid of it in the future because of the old style of machinery too. At the same time, replacing it with and impulse coaster could be expensive as well.But from what seems as there lack of activity in keeping the park fresh, I don't think anything will happen to it.

A) Monte is still one of the most popular rides at the park

B) Everyone and their mother would be pissed at Knott's and Cedar Fair if they took it out

---Brent

I think there is to be no crying at all about Knotts... CF invested in the park...

Hey, I understand that, and I don't think any of us here believe that Cedar Fair doesn't invest in Knott's. It's one of their more known parks. I think where people find fault is the *type* of investments that they have made. Other than rides, CF really hasn't enhanced the park. And for the people who fell in love with a charming park that offered a sense of escapism, they see it as a snub that all CF has done with the park is made the back half of the park (from Fiesta Village to Boardwalk) almost identical to any other Cedar Fair park.

. It's one of their more known parks.

Most Definitely, the park has been featured on so many different movies and TV shows it's not even funny. As for the type of investments, I don't think that much thought was put into them. Don't get me wrong, they are great rides, but they could be reaching a such a higher demographic if they had a massive ride that gave something to brag about. A hyper coaster would fit them extremely well if they had the space. I know many other enthusiasts would like to see that as well. Not that Excellorator doesn't do that already, but the GP don't have the specifics on it. I guess I just feel like my impression of the Park is that it's just there. It could be doing so much better!

There is plenty of workable space left for a hyper, just that they have to be creative. If anything, I could see KBF doing something like Hades by going underground, but I'm not too sure about the city allowing a coaster to go over Beach Blvd or Western....

^Agreed. It's urban legend that the park has already approached the city of Buena Park to build over Beach, Western, and La Palma Ave's, all to no avail. I also agree that there is still a great deal of land this park can fit a "big" coaster, but said coaster would make Silver Bullet look like Manta in terms of blending in with it's enviroment.

With the crunch for space they would be more lucky to get a dive coaster that could break 200. Is there any space across the street by Independence Hall and the water park to fit a hyper that could cross the street?

A dive coaster would be a nice idea too. what about utilizing some of the space that they were going to be using on demon drop? Or was it even removed yet? They may even try to put some cool flat ride in too!

If they squeezed in an Intamin Ball Coaster, I'd be happy.

Seriously. Tele2 Insane was about 7 million dollars, and they're extremely compact. It'd be awesome if Knott's got something like that.

Sure, they don't have the capacity of a B&M, but according to rcdb it has better capacity than Boomerang, so it isn't impossible.

^Except Knotts would run an Intamin Ball Coaster much like Linnanmaki. Totally balance the cars and not let you choose where to sit or who you ride with. The best part of Insane was that they let you ride it how you wanted and you could really affect your ride by where you sat and who you rode with.

If I had my way with Knotts (HEEL. Its not a bad joke)

Knotts has a -lot- going for it, beyond the 'vintage' era rides. I -love- Monte. Period. It's a great ride- not to mention one of the last in it's class in the US of A.

A Dive machine: Good idea. Bad placement. Dive machines are a unique thing for some parks, but I think it would be overkill for KBF.

A Flying coaster: Ugh. Overdone. Yawn.

A hyper-coaster. Also a bit overdone.

If I had my way: A new, sitdown looping coaster. I know, I know, how boring and average. But if done right, it would fit well. Something beyond Monte, but below SB. It's a good idea, really, and it would work, even if not as 'over the top' as what CF is putting into some parks.

Mind you, I'm a huge fan of big rides, but sometimes, bigger does NOT equal better. Go for what fits, and what people want.

R.D.

If I had my way: A new, sitdown looping coaster. I know, I know, how boring and average. But if done right, it would fit well. Something beyond Monte, but below SB. It's a good idea, really, and it would work, even if not as 'over the top' as what CF is putting into some parks. R.D.

Well they already have Silver Bullet and Boomerang. The Public demands bigger and better. If they are going to get a new ride they should go BIG!

I also don't think a dive machine would be overkill. If they could get the theme right, it would actually compliment the park nicely. Look at oblivion, it small and to the point.

Actually, Knotts is more of an amusement park than a theme park nowadays. If you want a real theme park, you got Disneyland right down the street obviously. As for the next ride coming to Knotts, I could possibly see something big in the future; Probably will be a coaster too since these are pretty much the only draw to the park now. Sadly, this place really is turning into Cedar Point West. However, I wouldn't mind just one more big coaster even though I am slightly against it, but its something the park really lacks; one with a nice layout, airtime hills, and a ride time that is on par with Ghostrider, maybe longer...

I always thought that Cedar Point was a Knotts east. They always *Kind of* advertise on the CP commercials.

Is their any possibility that they can turn Knotts back to its normal state? Actually, getting it back to its old quality is a better way to put it.

It seems all of you guys (and girls) on here think that nothing could improve it. Is there anything you would be happy to see them do that doesn't involve removing trash cans?

I think they should just add 3 or 4 more roller coasters. I want them to go with the 'tangle of supports and track jungle' theme. I think it makes life more exciting They can name one of them 'Yellow Something or Another' and paint it purple. I can see it now. . .

Chris.

One thing I'd like to see that I'd LIKE to see is to theme the boardwalk area. Everyone uses the "Yea it isn't as nice as it once was but it's still got nice theming" excuse. The theme outside of Ghosttown is "park". Xcelerator has really cool custom trains, but outside of that, there's no way to tell it's 50's themed. Not even by the uniforms. At least Silver Bullet has the traditional ghosttown uniform.

Question for anyone who can help:

I have never been to Knott's Merry Farm but will be in town in 2 weeks.

1. Is it anything special?

2. What are crowds like in December? Perhaps the weekend of December 11th? Friday night -- Saturday day -- Saturday night -- Sunday day -- Sunday night? Which is best?

3. I'm going to be fortunate enough (I think) to take advantage of their police and firefighter promotion (of which I am one) and I'm looking forward to free admission for me and a guest, even though I have my Platinum Pass.

I'm also planning to do Castle and SFMM one of those days as well. If anyone has advice on crowds, and which days would be best, I'd be grateful!

Any help is appreciated.

Question for anyone who can help:

I have never been to Knott's Merry Farm but will be in town in 2 weeks.

1. Is it anything special?

2. What are crowds like in December? Perhaps the weekend of December 11th? Friday night -- Saturday day -- Saturday night -- Sunday day -- Sunday night? Which is best?

3. I'm going to be fortunate enough (I think) to take advantage of their police and firefighter promotion (of which I am one) and I'm looking forward to free admission for me and a guest, even though I have my Platinum Pass.

I'm also planning to do Castle and SFMM one of those days as well. If anyone has advice on crowds, and which days would be best, I'd be grateful!

Any help is appreciated.

I enjoy Knotts best when its either Scary Farm or Merry Farm mostly because there are so many additional activities going on.

1. From the plays in the Birdcage Theatre to the Snoopy on Ice Christmas Show and the scarier-than-halloween Elf Mountain overlay on the log ride, there's tons o fun during the holidays at KBF. There's also a craft fair(if you are into that sort of thing) and lots of other special holiday entertainment in the park as well.

2. December weekends will be busy mostly because Toys for Tots is going on. I'd suggest going early and staying late if you want to do all the rides plus see the holiday entertainment. Back in 2006 we did the second Sunday and it was pretty crazy. Last year we did a weekday and it wasnt too bad. This year we are going on Tuesday, Dec 15th so it shouldnt be that bad (at least during the daylight hours).

3. SFMM is only open weekends until the weekend before Christmas and Castle Park only has its rides open on Saturday and Sunday...not sure if they are doing a special holiday schedule though.