TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^^ I still say gotta say that is honestly the weirdest looking corkscrew I've ever seen. I understand it's only a single inversion version, but still, it like looks more like an ovoid loop to me.

When I heard that it was going to have a cobra roll and a corkscrew, I got excited, hoping it would be a double corkscrew that hearkened back to, well, Corkscrew, and of course, Boomerang, all in one ride.

But back to the corkscrew. It just doesn't look like a corkscrew to me. It looks fun, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining.

I totally get where you are coming from. My hope is that it will take that inversion (as well as the two before it) much slower than the animation portrays to give extra HangTime. Monster at Adventureland crawls through some of its inversions, so I’m hoping HangTime lives true to its name and does the same.

The first diagram released made it look like a stretched loop, but after seeing the offride animation and POV released, it most definitely looks like a corkscrew, at least by my definition. This ride definitely has some funky elements.

Pretty stoked that I've got my flights booked and Knott's Hotel room locked up!

I land in LAX at 8:30, what would be the fastest way to get to Knott's? When I booked my hotel I got an offer for Karmel Shuttles, which offers one ways and round trips. For $22 bucks that seems like a pretty solid deal since an Uber or Taxi for an hour would be pricey and public trans would take about 2 hours.

I'm going the Friday of President's day weekend, so I'm not too sure how that will effect crowds. How's a Friday in February? I'll splurge on FL if needed.

Since Xcelerator is having this long and seemingly indefinite downtime, how about fitting it with a chase lighting package like Hangtime has?

... or just paint it. That would work too. They could have probably hand painted it in-house with kids sized paintbrushes in the amount of time it's taken them to fix this thing.

Edited by coasterbill

Knott's has a shuttle, and they can pick you up at the airport. I'd call them and ask.

They do? I did not know that. Of course, I was coming down the coast, by train.

And took a taxi from the Fullerton Station.

Good to know, though. I thought the shuttle they did have,

was only for getting to DL and back.

^ Cool. Even when I've done an online reservation, I do like to actually phone the place once to finalize things, etc.

No plans till 2019, but I/we will definitely still stay at the Hotel. It's just too convenient not to use it, lol.

Since Xcelerator is having this long and seemingly indefinite downtime, how about fitting it with a chase lighting package like Hangtime has?

... or just paint it. That would work too. They could have probably hand painted it in-house with kids sized paintbrushes in the amount of time it's taken them to fix this thing.

Knott's has a shuttle, and they can pick you up at the airport. I'd call them and ask.

This is very good to know (if indeed currently true).

And, Zach, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who will consider using public transit to get to parks.

To get to Disneyland earlier than the Knott's Hotel shuttle ran, I walked up

to the corner where the big KNOTT"s SIGN is, crossed the street to the right,

and took the #460 Bus to the Disneyland drop off, which is right beside all

the shuttles and busses parking. Easy to walk to both parks' entrances, from there.

IMG_2101.JPG.793934f23c0b5ca5f0a002c0eb536fd3.JPG

Only $1.75 to get to DL. I Used the Knott's Shuttle Schedule, to return back to the hotel.

And, Zach, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who will consider using public transit to get to parks.

I love trying out how different cities work. Unfortunately due to the time crunch I'll have to figure it out another time. I don't have 2 hours to leisurely make it to the park, haha.

Knott's promotes $8 off a round trip with https://www.karmel.com/

I'm only using it as a one way (so no discount for me), so it's going to cost me $25 (including tip) to get from LAX to Knott's in a shared 9 passenger shuttle. Not bad, especially when an Uber estimate is starting at $50. No way I'd want to risk getting a taxi or ride share the morning of when the drive is an 1 hour +. You just call when you land, then send the shuttle around to pick you up, and you're on the way.

Hopefully it'll be that easy - I'll report back next month

I just saw on local news that both Knott’s and SFMM are closed today due to rain. I live in Costa Mesa which is about 7 miles from Knotts and it isn’t even sprinkling! Is this normal for them to close due to rain?

It happens a couple times throughout the year. Last winter when California had WAY more rain than normal, I think Six Flags ended up closing several times in January and February, so they extended their daily operations farther into September to make up for those days. Then they announced 365-operation not long after.

I guess the park just decides that if none of their rides will be able to operate for the vast majority of the day, then it’s not worth their efforts.

They're still a business at the end of the day. No way they're making money when rain scares people away. Easier to deal with return visits/refunds than operate the park at a loss.

I just saw on local news that both Knott’s and SFMM are closed today due to rain. I live in Costa Mesa which is about 7 miles from Knotts and it isn’t even sprinkling! Is this normal for them to close due to rain?

Live look at the Knott's webcam.

sunny.thumb.jpg.89739b6d2857bd33ed0f8c2c48b2d950.jpg

Wow, this is the most "California" thing to ever happen. Thoughts and prayers to you and your loved ones. Please be safe out there today. Wear plenty of sunscreen... I mean, bring an umbrella.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm only using it as a one way (so no discount for me), so it's going to cost me $25 (including tip) to get from LAX to Knott's in a shared 9 passenger shuttle. Not bad, especially when an Uber estimate is starting at $50. No way I'd want to risk getting a taxi or ride share the morning of when the drive is an 1 hour +. You just call when you land, then send the shuttle around to pick you up, and you're on the way.

Cool, sounds good. Maybe that's the replacement for Knott's shuttle, or for all I know, it might actually be the shuttle I was looking into a year and a half ago.

They're still a business at the end of the day. No way they're making money when rain scares people away. Easier to deal with return visits/refunds than operate the park at a loss.

Yea, it's always weird that Asian parks are open regardless to the point where even when you've paid full price for entry (almost $60) if you pick a bad day to counter the low crowds your hit by half the rides "having maintenance" that weren't on the posted lists, mostly closed restaurants, empty parade routes and skeleton crews running the area so one ride in each is 10-12 and the other 1-7 and even with that meaning half the park can be down you'll barely see people or a line.

Cool, sounds good. Maybe that's the replacement for Knott's shuttle, or for all I know, it might actually be the shuttle I was looking into a year and a half ago.

I couldn't find any other information in google searches and forum searches, so I believe this is it!

I didn't realize Xcelerator has been closed since October. Hoping we see some update soon but something tells me they're not rushing to get it up anytime before spring break.

Also, Fast Lane Plus isn't available. Is the because the only FL + ride was Xcelerator?

I couldn't find any other information in google searches and forum searches, so I believe this is it!

I didn't realize Xcelerator has been closed since October. Hoping we see some update soon but something tells me they're not rushing to get it up anytime before spring break.

Also, Fast Lane Plus isn't available. Is the because the only FL + ride was Xcelerator?

Knotts has never had have Fast Lane Plus.

I stopped by Knott's today for my first visit of 2018 and my first use of my season dining. Having never eaten inside of Knott's before, I was not expecting much. I have been to Mrs. Knott's Chicken and TGI Fridays but never ate anything more than snacks in the actual park. For my first dining plan meal, I ate at Boardwalk BBQ and had 1/2 lb. Pulled Pork served with a choice of 2 sides and cornbread. The meal was pretty large and felt like a pound of food at a regular price of $12.99. The pulled pork and macaroni and cheese portions were large, while the coleslaw and sweet cornbread muffin were smaller sized portions. Everything was actually pretty good and tasted/looked like it was prepared fresh on site from scratch and not taken from a microwave container. I would eat at this restaurant again.

The park was dead and no waits over 5 minutes except for Ghostrider at approx 40 min per the app. I skipped Ghostie so I am not sure about the actual wait time. Hang Time's track appears almost complete. I could only see about 6 - 8 pieces of track left to install in the lot next to the fire station.

IMG_20180110_110652.thumb.jpg.887b2f5afbd9f43256632e0d25e72ff0.jpg

HangTime

IMG_20180110_110751.thumb.jpg.fb632c662e02dc6e9061e43c068e7953.jpg

HangTime

IMG_20180110_110903.thumb.jpg.b79e940ef40fbe1120e747ea6bf0cfca.jpg

HangTime

IMG_20180110_110935.thumb.jpg.bd6d508975a26f90ea2f21c94a5c0af6.jpg

HangTime

IMG_20180110_111411.thumb.jpg.0d872778d98ce99f3ebbd0a1dd8e2b59.jpg

That log ride is really drained!

IMG_20180110_113413.thumb.jpg.f6c8812391a2fbdd61248c0128f5d183.jpg

So many sauce choices at Boardwalk BBQ

IMG_20180110_113641.thumb.jpg.80d2ad02abee309ccc7294dabd22454e.jpg

1/2 lb pulled pork, mac + cheese & coleslaw (Boysenberry Cider was extra)

IMG_20180110_115921.thumb.jpg.1a5ccce790bb5fe8c20228350c04f52b.jpg

HangTime

Screenshot_2018-01-10-12-43-03.thumb.jpg.b1dbb75fe04d4fd131d9a0fbec22e028.jpg

Ghostrider is only attraction over 5 minute wait in the park.