TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I love the wild mouse coasters with the large initial drops, this things looks fantastic in that section of the park.

Are both of the flat rides new new rides, or were they used rides Knotts bought and re furbished? (I haven't noticed a brand new scrambler in years, wasn't aware that manufacturer was still around).

Always love to see how low-tech US-made flats are - compared to the contraptions European showmen shuffle around. But the old ones are also very reliable after so many years...

Large Park Wild Mouse is always fun but also a quite low capacity ride for a park this size...

Awesome report, and it's so great to finally see all the new goodies inside the mountain. Looks FANTASTIC. Gotta get back down there soon. (And it was so great to finally meet you both, and Dan, at the event!)

It does all look great. Disappointed the Scrambler still seems to have the unnecessary and slow foot releases for the restraints. Slows unloading so much! But the log ride does look great so far, and I can't wait to ride it.

And not quite everything's open... we're still awaiting Windseeker, right?

GREAT update!! Can't wait to checkout the new Boardwalk area and of course the log ride too- thanks for posting!

... we're still awaiting Windseeker, right?

Also was checking for a Windseeker update, did they have more issues? Other parks open theirs?

This is looking incredible. For me personally, I love how much attention Bud Hurlbut got. He really was the pioneer of the early dark ride, and deserves so very much recognition

Large Park Wild Mouse is always fun but also a quite low capacity ride for a park this size...

The park isn't near as big as you'd think. As long as the crew stays on the job, the line shouldn't get that bad. It's rare to have the park nearly its capacity. And mind you, the park is only a block large. Haha

^I feel like that 160 acres includes, the parking lot, Independence Hall, and Soak City. The park itself only sits on about a full city block. And it shares that space with the hotel, the south parking lot, and the Haunt warehouses backstage

Knott's itself is fairly small but the property as a whole is fairly large

144701589_Captureknotts.PNG.34fc94a035c4e56905bed0a08d826fe9.PNG

Knott's Berry Farm not including parking lot

2.304e+5 m² / 23.04 hectares / 0.2304 km² / 2.479e+6 ft² / 56.92 acres / 0.08894 mile²

So the park itself is roughly 56.92 acres or about 60 acres

908100500_Captureknottswhole.PNG.6b44197620a72df6bdfaaa90826448e9.PNG

Knott's Berry Farm - entire property including, the parking lot, Independence Hall, and Soak City

6.475e+5 m² / 64.75 hectares / 0.6475 km² / 6.970e+6 ft² / 160.0 acres / 0.2500 mile²

So everything is about 160.0 acres

This is looking incredible. For me personally, I love how much attention Bud Hurlbut got. He really was the pioneer of the early dark ride, and deserves so very much recognition

The park isn't near as big as you'd think. As long as the crew stays on the job, the line shouldn't get that bad. It's rare to have the park nearly its capacity. And mind you, the park is only a block large. Haha

I think he is referring to the fact it is still one of the most visited parks in North America...not actual acreage.

I love the low capacity is a horrible idea argument. Yes, it might cause lines to be a little longer but typically they aren't marquee attractions that draw the biggest crowds like Xcelerator or Silver Bullet might. Disney has gotten away with it on the C Ticket and lower rides, even some of the D's and E's (Subs). Disney has done just fine with Goofy's Sky School, I think Knott's will be equally as fine.

I'm somewhat out of the loop but did they paint Xcelerator pink or is that how faded the track has become?

That's how faded the track has become! They have repainted the supports (for the most part, anyway), so maybe they'll get around to the track eventually. Can't imagine it being a high priority at the moment (given the expansion plus Windseeker and Haunt coming up), but I'm sure it'll happen!