TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Here's some advice coming from a guy who is currently getting a fansite up: A good fansite is one who uses good spelling and grammar, provides the correct info, and doesn't bash the park because they aren't doing something the way the site member wants it to be done.

If you want the new PBP Guide to be successful, look into all the info you get and check to see if it's correct and don't post it if it's not accurate. Rumors are allowed, but don't make it sound like it would happen.

As far as spelling and grammar, you don't see other sites not using it, so why should you guys? It makes the reader understand the site better.

Thanks for the advice, but I think were fine without it.

Lea may not be the best at spelling, but we managed to survive five years without it being a problem, so I am sure we can go another five.

Its just you americans that appear to have the problem with our grammar.

^^ we were having problems with your grammar? It was the misspelled words that we noticed that were the problem first off and the grammar was second which I can understand the confusion of two nations of having different ways of spelling a simple word or using a word in plural form.

But when you have paragraphs that have 10+ words that are spelt wrong or incomplete, it's a problem.

I mean the site does need work, and I don't like to complain. But guy, you're going to dig a hole you can't get yourself out of if you leave 10-20 words misspelled in a paragraph.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: btw, take time to reread what your posting, like Robb said. Some of the stuff your throwing up in the thread really can offend people and you're making it sound like the people on this site have problems with sites that are imperfect.

Which, my friend is really not the case.

^^ we were having problems with your grammar? It was the misspelled words that we noticed that were the problem first off and the grammar was second which I can understand the confusion of two nations of having different ways of spelling a simple word or using a word in plural form.

But when you have paragraphs that have 10+ words that are spelt wrong or imcomplete, it's a problem.

I mean the site does need work, and I don't like to complain. But guy, you're going to dig a hole you can't get yourself out of if you leave 10-20 words misspelled in a paragraph.

Just my 2 cents.

If you are talking about my points, I dont think there is 10 mistakes tbh.

If you are talking about the announcement which was on the BPB Guide, then yeah it had its mistakes. It isnt ideal, I know that, but we had the site for 5 years and do not receive complaints about grammar, unless its seriously bad, like text talk and we werent some crappy little site, we were as well known as Club PB is, alot more active and had alot more members.

FYI, I dont really care what the childish owner has to say. Robb doesnt appear to care much about the professional look of this site, by letting it run off topic for as long as it was before I gave my side of things.

I guess I'll get banned now, as I know some people dont like the truth, which I am guessing is the case with some of you lot, i.e. Spike's post was removed.

Did I say your website was crap in any of what I wrote? No. now your just assuming, that I think it's crap.

All I said is that it needed work. Jeez.

You got your wires crossed there, I didnt mean you were saying it was crap, I was just stating that it isnt a crappy little site, which some people seem to think due to the grammar in a few posts by Lea.

Lea may not be the best at spelling, but we managed to survive five years without it being a problem, so I am sure we can go another five.

Why do you keep bringing up "You Americans" as an argument for your defense? Do you even realize that many of the people who have responded in this thread are not only NOT "Americans" but also live in the same country as you?

I think it reflects poorly on you to bring up "this country versus that country" type racial comments in your statements.

If anything you are being counter-productive in an effort to get people to come look at your website.

--Robb

PS. You also didn't keep this thread on topic by including any spanking photos so I will add one for you that maybe you can relate to....

britishspanking.jpg.4ec0c1292307d3a3ad68b49c591a784c.jpg

Why do you keep bringing up "You Americans" as an argument for your defense? Do you even realize that many of the people who have responded in this thread are not only NOT "Americans" but also live in the same country as you?

Why? Because it's mainly the american folk that have moaned about the grammar, thats why.

If anything you are being counter-productive in an effort to get people to come look at your website.

1. It is not my website.

2. We dont need your members. We are doing fine with the members we've got.

PS. You also didn't keep this thread on topic by including any spanking photos so I will add one for you that maybe you can relate to....

So much for wanting the forums to look professional...

So much for wanting the forums to look professional...

What? Clearly you don't understand the meaning of the word "professional." Let me explain with this photograph...

headmaster_spanking_student.jpg.4dd591b96717301185086c69166f3170.jpg

...Nothing says "professional" more than a headmaster spanking a student.

Here's some advice coming from a guy who is currently getting a fansite up: A good fansite is one who uses good spelling and grammar, provides the correct info, and doesn't bash the park because they aren't doing something the way the site member wants it to be done.

If you want the new PBP Guide to be successful, look into all the info you get and check to see if it's correct and don't post it if it's not accurate. Rumors are allowed, but don't make it sound like it would happen.

As far as spelling and grammar, you don't see other sites not using it, so why should you guys? It makes the reader understand the site better.

Robb pretty much covered what I was about to say.

At this point it would be wise from you to quit "shooting yourself and the site in the foot" and easily for free, download a spell-checker for the site.

Now back to the spanking...

comedy-2.gif.7ac4b253cc4b74bb0307f928428774a2.gif