TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Did you know, there are 87 pages of results on google related to spanking. Not a single one describes how much more painfull and spanking is on the moon in the lower gravity. I wonder how a cat o' nine tails feels on the moon. Probably a good hit from your standard paddle could launch a person 10 feet into the air. That brings up a good idea for a sport! I can see it now, professional spanking! Girls and boys all decked out in latex and spiked with testosterone come out and see how high they can launch each other by spanking.

Looks like BPB Guide is now going to be turned into an all UK Theme park Fansite.

I have a HUGE response to the closure of the BPB Guide.... And i thankyou for that.

There has been alot of the same ideas thrown my way, Rather than closing the guide and loosing the GREAT FRIENDLY community , To actually be Called The Guide - Uk Theme Parks.

So we do all theme parks rather than just one.

I wont your feedback on the idea please ???

I know there is alot of theme park sites out there, But its mainly about the community than hits.

Your opinion ?

Looks like they are going to do exactly what they did to BPB, but on a bigger scale. lol

Let me correct their spelling and grammar so everyone here can actually read and understand what was posted:

I have had a HUGE response to the closure of the BPB Guide.... And I thank you for that.

There has been a lot of the same ideas thrown my way. Rather than closing the guide and losing the GREAT FRIENDLY community, [bPBGuide is] to actually be called "The Guide - Uk Theme Parks."

Because we do all theme parks rather than just one.

I want your feedback on the idea please!

I know there is a lot of theme park sites out there, but it's mainly about the community than hits.

Your opinion?

My opinion? I think I've found a new site for everyone that gets banned from TPR for bad spelling and grammar!

--Robb "No park is going to take them seriously if that is how they present themselves." Alvey

• 2 weeks later...

As a member of the BPB Guide, an Admin in fact, I felt it was only neccesary I had my say.

If you'd read through the site properly, you would of noticed not all of it is bad grammar, it was actually a well respected forum and well known forum, the fact we had to close was due to BPB being far too heavy handed.

They made mistakes with the facts they posted on the official BPB website, but blamed us for it, saying we made the mistakes and therefore they wanted to take legal action.

So why support a park which tries to take its fans to court every other week?

We've re-branded, so if you care to have a look around the new site and come out of your comfort zone on here for ten minutes, you'll notice its not all bad grammar and false rumours.

In fact it was the BPB Guide that was the first forum to break the news about Infusion and the only forum to have 4/5 updates a week of the construction.

Thanks...

We've re-branded, so if you care to have a look around the new site and come out of your comfort zone on here for ten minutes, you'll notice its not all bad grammar and false rumours.

I'm not trying to stir, but, I did just this to give the new site a chance, and started reading. I started at the first line on the home page, and got four words in before, lo and behold, I ran into my first grammar mistake...

Just sayin'

Not to mention the registering process to the website is immensely difficult as well.

I have to check off 16 pictures of cars and cats and answer some question I don't know the answer to, to register to the site? wow.

This is something I noticed besides the obvious spelling and grammar problems that were all over the site. From front to back.

As a member of the BPB Guide, an Admin in fact, I felt it was only neccesary I had my say.

If you'd read through the site properly, you would of noticed not all of it is bad grammar, it was actually a well respected forum and well known forum, the fact we had to close was due to BPB being far too heavy handed.

They made mistakes with the facts they posted on the official BPB website, but blamed us for it, saying we made the mistakes and therefore they wanted to take legal action.

In fact it was the BPB Guide that was the first forum to break the news about Infusion and the only forum to have 4/5 updates a week of the construction.

Thanks...

So... what does this have to do with spanking 10 days later?

You know, to be honest, I'm not believing the "BPB is using us as scapegoats for their mistakes and using lawyers against as a smokescreen argument."

Lawyers cost money and BPB doesn't send them out unless they feel that the content of the site may be harmful to their name or reputation, with your site may have fallen foul of.

Back to the fun topic...

spanking-norman-rockwell.jpg.a7db18c9f486576438b03d78f7e8c1ec.jpg

Thanks...

Here's some advice coming from a guy who is currently getting a fansite up: A good fansite is one who uses good spelling and grammar, provides the correct info, and doesn't bash the park because they aren't doing something the way the site member wants it to be done.

If you want the new PBP Guide to be successful, look into all the info you get and check to see if it's correct and don't post it if it's not accurate. Rumors are allowed, but don't make it sound like it would happen.

As far as spelling and grammar, you don't see other sites not using it, so why should you guys? It makes the reader understand the site better.

Thanks...

Maybe it is just me but I find that your defense to be pointless... As I said earlier, it is at a park's discretion to embrace fan sites, and considering the poor state BPB Guide was in, I don't blame them for their decision. Companys and organizations carefully watch the sites associated with them, whether official or not, and any misrepresentation is a fault in their eyes.

One thing I've learned over my last two years in dealing with the parks is that regardless of who's fault it is, you still have to be accountable and prepared to make ammends. If a site misrepresents the company or create a negative association, then the company has every right to defend itself. In fact, if a park finds a site unsatisfactory and has legal standing to file a suit against a site, they have every right to take matters into their own hands. If a site isn't willing to work with them properly, then it is the folly of the site, and all legal action is/was brought upon themselves.

Maybe I just find your preaching to be lost of the wrong audience, but seeing as how BPB Guide's flaws are absent on this site, I think you're preaching to the wrong crowd...

Heck, I still get emails from people thinking that TPR is a park and want to know our operating hours!

Come to think of it, what are TPR's operating hours? And are the rumors true that you're building a big new yellow B&M for the 2009 season?

But bringing this back on topic, according to the book "Do Spies Win Olympic Medals" by Peter Ryding, the cat o' nine tails has nine tails because "the Royal Navy decided that the normal three-headed scourge representing the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost was not 'holy enough' for wicked sailors and so created a 'trinity of holy trinities, hence nine tails."

But bringing this back on topic, according to the book "Do Spies Win Olympic Medals" by Peter Ryding, the cat o' nine tails has nine tails because "the Royal Navy decided that the normal three-headed scourge representing the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost was not 'holy enough' for wicked sailors and so created a 'trinity of holy trinities, hence nine tails."

I have to interject here....that is just awesome! I've never heard that explanation of the cat o' nine tails. Thank you for sharing. Now I have another bit of scary trivia to scare my co-workers/family with!

Oh, and I think they are waiting to make the announcement about the new TPR B&M at the West Coast Bash...so don't talk too loudly about it just yet! (I just hope it's up and running by the WCT!)

We've re-branded, so if you care to have a look around the new site and come out of your comfort zone on here for ten minutes

Do you honestly think the best way to get anyone to come look at your site is to belittle them? Try to read what you wrote subjectively, can you not see how the tone would appear insulting to the reader? Who would want to visit your site after reading that? You guys really aren't making a very good case for yourselves.

you'll notice its not all bad grammar and false rumours.

Oh, good, well at least it's not ALL bad grammar and false rumours.

--Robb

EDIT: Oh, yes, I forgot to keep this on topic....

classic-ff-spanking-picture04.jpg.eeb9d8599a4b5d919eb754b027385d88.jpg

"Spanking" is far more interesting than the original discussion...