TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEW TPR Video Every Day in April!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The flat ride reminded me of the incredibly INSANE one at SpaceWorld in Japan. We rode it in 2007, but it was gone by the 2011 tour. Still...never wanted to ride that version/cycle of it every again. Way too intense. That said I saw the cycle of this one, and decided "No, not again" lol.

As for this coaster., it looks great. Did we ride it last Sept? Don't remember. There were a couple of big coasters in maintenance, at a couple of parks, but that was okay. Had to be done.

I've only been on the SLC at SFDK, but in general I didn't find it to be that bad. I actually, dare I say, enjoyed it! I don't know how Mexican SLC stacks up against it, and grant it Batman is still better, but I'd honestly take an SLC over a boomerang any day.

These new S&S air launched coaster look really good, a much more complete experience than Dodonpa. I would like to see them building some of these somewhere else (like Europe or the US). That would be exciting!

Bullet looks fantastic. Perhaps a stateside park could look into picking one of those up as a family-style launch coaster.

As for the flat, I know Kentucky Kingdom had one of those at one point. Anyone know if any other stateside (or even foreign) parks picked those up?

Here is today's video - A Schwarzkopf Jet Star III! Everyone loves some good Anton coasters, right?

EVERY REPLY YOU MAKE HERE WILL GIVE YOU ONE ENTRY TO WIN A BAG-O-CRAP!

(Yes, multiple comments DO count for more than one - but don't be stupid and post like 20 times in a row and keep your posts ON TOPIC with the videos!)

Edited by robbalvey

I loved it. Could have gone on it a few more times, too.

Definitely a classic, IMhO. I love Jet Stars... 1, 2, or 3.

Wish we had ours back at Playland.

Great video, Robb!

I find it funny in the off ride portion everyone is all look at me ma...hands up at the top of the first drop....and then they get ready to hit the turn at the bottom and grab the side rails.

It's proper Jet Star riding protocol.

Edited by cfc

I miss Williard's Whizzer.

EDIT to add...And Zambezi Zinger, though I know it's in another country, now.

Am glad I got to ride both of them - back then, lol.