TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

^I'm really hoping that these 'bonuses' end up being levels and that would make sense with the increase of XP required of each one. If not, it's going to be really weird to see how they all of a sudden add a new level and screw a lot of us that have advanced to the second or third of these 'bonus levels'.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That's an odd error, haven't had that one yet! Have you hard closed out of the app and restarted your device? If it still doesn't work I would do the thing where you delete the app, turn your device off, back on, redownload, sign into Origin and then hopefully it will work again.

Just accidentally spent 2 donuts to speed up the collection on one of my buildings. How did that happen, you ask? I was in the process of collecting from the characters and other buildings when I opened up the panel for one of my buildings (The Gilded Truffle). As my left thumb went to exit out of the panel, my right thumb was trying to collect from a character. Instead my right thumb hit the "speed up" button and my left thumb exited out of the panel. Before I could reopen the panel to cancel the action, it was too late and I lost 2 donuts!

Obviously it's my fault for having butterfingers, but at the same time would it be that difficult for EA to add a confirmation screen that says something like "Are you sure you want to spend 2 donuts on this action?" with a "YES" or "CANCEL" option?!?! Oh wait, it's EA. I just answered my own question.

/endrant

Ugh, I'm getting so fudging annoyed with the "It's been a while. You should see how your Springfield is doing" now that it has an audio alert as well (at least it never had audio until today on my iPod so they weren't as bad...)

If you go to your iPhone "Settings", then "Notifications", you should be able to go to "Tapped Out" and then select what notifications you want to appear. I was getting annoyed by the sounds interrupting my music (I have an iPod touch), so I turned the sounds off but kept the banners and badges on. If you don't want to see/hear the Springfield message anymore, try turning the banners and sounds off. Unless you've already done that, which in that case I'm not sure how to help you.

^^That's a complaint for a lot of people. It is annoying, I've probably lost about 4-6 doughnuts that way.

I just rolled over my XP for a second time. I got $100,000 and 6 doughnuts.

Strange part is - this max level was 151,200. Now it's been bumped up 181,440.

Any thoughts?

I maxed out my level again and got one doughnut. How did you win that much? I only have the chance of winning 3 doughnuts, and I don't get any money. My max level is also at 181,440.

I have been having the worst luck with the scratchers. I only get the bombs, or the clubs. Only twice have i gotten something other than those. But it is still much better than the dog racing!

^Better than my situation. I leveled up today and in doing so the glitch I had resurfaced and I was put at Level 26, which still doesn't exist so it kicked me out and now I keep getting the "man I hate this screen" error message.

image.thumb.jpg.3434f4aaffad1a559fafb52682577a91.jpg

Wish I could just level up like normal people!

The donut thing is purposeful. There is no reason to make the donut speed up button be damn near EXACTLY where the do task button was, except to get people to lose donuts.

I still have my glitch. I just switched iPads. I'll have to log back on to my son's and see if that resets my game. At least I'm getting money and hearts, which is really all that counts now.

-R

I maxed out my level again and got one doughnut. How did you win that much? I only have the chance of winning 3 doughnuts, and I don't get any money. My max level is also at 181,440.

I'll look closer next time. But, both times (so far) after I picked one box (one doughnut), it gave me the option to open another box, so I did. Then it was 2 doughnuts. Then it gave me the option to open the third, which was three. I thought I kept all 6. Maybe I read that wrong, and each extra box COST 50,000. I thought I was getting 50,000 with each box as well.

Now that I think about it, that wouldn't really make sense. I'm a little over half way to the 181,440 XP. I'll document it next time, and see what happens.

As for the scratchers - I got my second 10,000 this morning. Everything else has pretty much been 350 or 500.

Simpsons.thumb.PNG.7b24cad9b11609b584e323762c48ed74.PNG

My town center.

I tried earlier today to play, but got the same message about not being able to connect. Over 33 hours after the initial problem from leveling up, I'm back on for now though it seems to have taken me back down a lit; less money, hearts, and XP than I had but with 24 extra donuts for some odd reason and at least I'm back on...for now! We'll see what happens when I re-level up tomorrow.

image.thumb.jpg.8de5bba526c2214d1ac2f1685d5919a5.jpg

I can connect to server, I love this screen!

I seriously can just sit and watch my escalator for five minutes at a time it's amazing.

Sadly enough, I agree. Can't say the same for the Popsicle Stick tower.

I need more land, but it's getting a bit expensive. So, with 15 days to go (reportedly) before the next update, I'm stopping the decorating and making some blue house slums. I figure with bonus %, they'll actually pay for themselves in 3 days, and I can sell them all for $450 each afterward.

I wonder how long this will last, and what kind of $$$$ is coming up.

I want to make my hospital look good, and I want to make Burns' mansion look great, like Derek's.

Stupid game.