TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was just posted to the very good FAQ about the game:

Card/Heart Collection & Regeneration Mechanics:

Basically, the more active characters you have in your city, the more possible Valentines there are for your friends to collect. (Probably only characters that come with buildings; I don't think Kearney, Hans Moleman, etc have Valentine's associated with them. After each character is sent on a task, there is ONE card that can be clicked by a neighbor while that character's task is active. The cards are located on the building the character came with, or the building that the characters current task is associated with. Cleetus digging through garbage will result in a card on Cleetus' farm; if there are 5 people at the Kwik-E Mart at one time, then there will be a possibility of 5 cards that friends can tap in the Kwik-E Mart. The card doesn't regenerate until the user collects the Valentine. Sometimes you will be able to quickly tap buildings that have already been tapped; I believe this results in receiving multiple hearts from one character when you collect.

Anyone else hoping we can exchange the hearts for possible donuts at the end of this update?

That would be nice, but I bet it will be like Christmas.

There is no level 26 yet. After you Max out you get a present like the mystery boxes. I clicked too quick and missed reading it. I can't even remember what I got. I'm just about to get the Popsicle building! Only about a $1000 more.

So there was just another large update. It seemed to open up all other towns even if people didn't upgrade. Some of these towns even have valentines cards?!?! So now I'm more confused than ever on how to maximize getting hearts!!!

I was able to get into my town during lunchtime at work today; collect cards, visit towns, build florist and start mini golf, but as soon as I got home and got the newest update again now I'm back to not even being able to get into my own town for more than 30 seconds, and everything I do just resets...except all the cards I collected are gone and the hearts not in my bank. Maybe I have the magical EA Groundhog Day version. If I didn't already hate Valentine's Day, EA would have just made me.

Edit: turns out I have the Level 26 bug, as yesterday I was bumped up to Level 26, got the task to build Wiggum's house and unlock Ralph, and then bought a swing set for the school, which EA mistakenly released for a few hours to those who were online and with enough XP to get it. After they realized their error they turned it off, but the server doesn't like those of us with this glitch.

image.thumb.jpg.032749a74dd956f5148dc3d21a9ca153.jpg

Leave it to EA and Ralph to mess up the game!

Just noticed that now you only get $16 for each building you visit ($18 for cards) instead of getting more for each town you visit. I'm hoping they'll revert it after Valentines day is done as I still have a lot of stuff left to build it's making saving up money take a lot longer.

I managed to sell the swing set in the short amount of time I had after deleting and reinstalling and then it downloaded some update and let me in again. I still have the task to build the Wiggum home, but the home is no longer available, nor are the swing set, police car, tether ball, or Chemistri restaurant.

Today I was collecting money and hearts from my town, and I noticed that if I tap on any character that has a card, I get a heart and a little text pops up and says "from ernierocker" or "Robb Alvey". Anyone else notice this? Is this because I visited their towns?

So there was just another large update. It seemed to open up all other towns even if people didn't upgrade. Some of these towns even have valentines cards?!?! So now I'm more confused than ever on how to maximize getting hearts!!!

Yeah I'm more confused about this then ever. I know with the Halloween and Christmas updates you didn't get coins and candy all the time. I didn't get a lot of hearts, but using donuts to purchase Mystery Love Boxes has helped. So far I got the train and cozy hammock. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing more donuts just so I can get a few of the premium items like the burning tires and Duff Brewery.

Today I was collecting money and hearts from my town, and I noticed that if I tap on any character that has a card, I get a heart and a little text pops up and says "from ernierocker" or "Robb Alvey". Anyone else notice this? Is this because I visited their towns?

I think this means they were the ones who visited your town and left the valentine.

As far as why some towns don't have valentines available, I think once a card has been 'left' for each available character no more can be left until the town owner returns to their game and 'collects' the cards that have been left.

Anyone else hoping we can exchange the hearts for possible donuts at the end of this update?

That would be nice, but I bet it will be like Christmas.

I kind of doubt it now (see below), but I'll be collecting them just in case.

There is no level 26 yet. After you Max out you get a present like the mystery boxes. I clicked too quick and missed reading it. I can't even remember what I got.

From the one EA forum:

New Features:

1. "Scratch R" mini-game: Scratch-Off cards at the Kwik-E Mart (every 6 hours - every card wins at least $100 profit!)

2. The "Friends' Bonus Glitch" is GONE

3. If you have reached the MAX level, you now keep earning XP and earn donuts for "Bonus Levels."

I'm just about to get the Popsicle building! Only about a $1000 more.

I am so looking forward to seeing what this looks like (as well as the elevator)!!!

elevator is hilarious.. still wondering about getting cards when visiting other towns...

can barely find any available..

set all my inhabitants on missions of one hour at a time.. let's see if that does anything..

Edited by Hhappy

In order to get Valentines from other towns, the neighbor's characters must be currently involved in an activity, not just standing around. Each character is allowed 1 Valentine per visit until that town's owner collects the Valentine, freeing up the character to receive another one. So it doesn't really matter if you send your character on a 30 minute activity or a 24 hour activity, it all depends on how often you and your neighbors visit their own town to collect the Valentines others have left for them, freeing up the characters for other neighbors to card while the characters are doing a task. Basically, everyone should have their characters all doing stuff and visiting their towns often to collect the Valentines left for them.

In order to get Valentines from other towns, the neighbor's characters must be currently involved in an activity, not just standing around.

This is what I thought too, but in all three of our games, we've gotten valentines from towns where nothing has happened, and the player hasn't even played the game in a few days.