TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

Kinda reminds me of BTMRR, at Disney.

Just hope it doesn't get into an accident like the one at Disneyland. One of the 2 big wheels have GOT to go. Thats what caused the accident at Dland... They should have thought of that. Oh Well!

Still Looks Fun!

• 2 years later...

My apologies if there's already a topic about Gardaland or the new coaster, but I wasn't able to find it.

Gardaland has announced it's newest addition, which is a new B&M type where passengers sit on the sides of the track. The coaster's temporary name is X-Raptor. Some more information:

- The station will be underground

- 800m long track

- 30m tall

- 90° high speed turn

- Close encounters with objects

- Will go over water with special water effects added

- 2 elements where passengers will feel zero gravity

imgRAPTOR.jpg.0af30695582fef63fe0d2c4332f57c12.jpg

Source: http://sondaggi.gardaland.it/sondaggioXRAPTOR15-24.php (you have to fill out the short questionnary to get to the announcement)

Edited by wrebbit

Also, is there any specific proof that this is a B&M ride? The Gardaland page doesn't list a manufacturer.

There have been rumours for some time now that Gardaland would get a B&M prototype, and you can clearly see the B&M backbone in the picture.

That original image is just an official photoshop of some cgi B&M track and furious baco - you can tell by the restraints on the seats.

However, it has been known for some time that B&M were working on a 4D style coaster which will be prototyped for Gardaland then if successful will also head to Thorpe in 2012 I believe.

Looks and sounds awesome though!

That original image is just an official photoshop of some cgi B&M track and furious baco - you can tell by the restraints on the seats.

Exactly. But that's fine. This is just concept art, and sometimes when you are conceptualizing out something you need to pull source images from somewhere. I do not think they would have released this image unless they felt it was a fairly accurate representation of what they think the ride will look like.

Just pointing that out there there because there have already been a few posts I've had to delete regarding the use of a Baco image incorporated with this artwork.

I've had to remind people - THE RIDE ISN'T BUILT YET!!! OBVIOUSLY THEY NEED TO CREATE THEIR CONCEPT IMAGE FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!

--Robb

Also, is there any specific proof that this is a B&M ride? The Gardaland page doesn't list a manufacturer.

There have been rumours for some time now that Gardaland would get a B&M prototype, and you can clearly see the B&M backbone in the picture.

True but if you look at the track in front of the train it looks less like B&M track.....someone could've photoshopped it but not saying they did.

Should be an interesting concept & B&M should be able to pull it off,granted I suspect they'll use a traditional lift rather than a launch.

^^ Nah, there's one at Lightwater valley and I'm sure countless others.

I'm not sure Air really counts as underground.

And for those speculating about Thorpe, apparently this is the exact thing that they are getting in 2012. Only time will tell...

Dave