TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I've sent a few private messages out already as a reminder, but folks, please remember to properly cite the source you are taking a picture, video or news text from. Merely mentioning that it came from the a Facebook page is not acceptable--please link directly to the source (in the case of Facebook, the album the picture is featured in).

Man, that was fast! So glad I moved my trip to July so I'll be able to ride that thing! (I know I already asked about the upcoming weeks, but could someone give me an idea of what to expect crowd-wise mid-july? Would you recommend Flash Pass?)

Thanks!

Crowds can be relatively heavy during July. I always recommend getting a Flash Pass as it makes your day that much more enjoyable (even if the park isn't packed). Note that Dare Devil Dive will only be available on the Platinum Flash Pass, so you might want to head there first thing unless you get Platinum.

^ Here's hoping it will be open by Easter!! I know it's a long shot - but I celebrate my birthday every year at SFoG and would love to ride a new coaster that day. If not - I've got the Deep South Bash so I won't be devestated or anything, it would just be a nice suprise.

David

Here's hoping it will be open by Easter!!

Given how fast it went up, I wouldn't be shocked if it did

Besides the electrical and station work, plus testing, landscaping, and theming, there really doesn't seem to be more then a few weeks worth of work left. Of course since I'm not actually working on it, I'm probably wrong

^ Not at all, given that Dollywood had hour waits when it first opened Mystery Mine, despite having decent operations, a bunch of guests who weren't interested in riding, and having the 8-person cars instead of 6-seaters. Its going to be interesting to see how they handle it

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why Gerstlauer have changed the profile for the lift/first drop? Especially when you compare the Lift tower to the UK Eurofighters, Maybe they are trying to sort out the "Jolt" that sometimes happens at the bottom of the first drops (although in all fairness I have only ever experienced this on Saw, others have mentioned it can happen on Speed sometimes)

Beautiful coaster!

I wonder why Gerstlauer have changed the profile for the lift/first drop? Especially when you compare the Lift tower to the UK Eurofighters, Maybe they are trying to sort out the "Jolt" that sometimes happens at the bottom of the first drops (although in all fairness I have only ever experienced this on Saw, others have mentioned it can happen on Speed sometimes)

This does not even happen on "Vildsvinet" the first Eurofighter!

Anyways, heres a layout from Gerstlauer's homepage.

dare.png.d66936a6deb759471c27703109704d5b.png

The only thing with eurofighters to me is the ride time. I cant see myself waiting in line for a ride that MIGHT last 30 secs. Now KingdaKa had something else, it was over 400 ft tall and went over 100 miles an hr. Now that was worth my trying it out but once u ride kingda ka, there is no reason to EVER stand in line again for it.

It's because they are running the new three row, six seater trains like Huracan at Belantis. The cars are longer and thus require an increased radius in order for the vehicle to not hit the track. Just look at Huracan's lift, it's the same.