TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

SFOG and SFOT are also independently owned, although they are operated by Six Flags Co. they are not owned by them.

...So you mean they aren't 100% Six Flags parks?

Nope. They're just managed by the company. Six Flags itself only owns about a third of SFOG, I believe.

SFOG and SFOT are also independently owned, although they are operated by Six Flags Co. they are not owned by them.

...So you mean they aren't 100% Six Flags parks?

Nope. They're just managed by the company. Six Flags itself only owns about a third of SFOG, I believe.

Oh.....So THAT'S why the park's areas are themed to countries.

The rafts have been getting stuck on thunder river a lot this year.. few weeks ago maintenance was just pushing them onto the belt lol. They where getting stuck in both sides

And the metal object wasn't a bolt from the car.. probably a coin in someone elses pocket.. Goliath will suck things right out of pockets.. I have seen phones fly out

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Took another lap today.

Based on where the tree-removal and dirt-moving is happening, it looks more and more like a S&S 4D Freespin. I checked the corresponding plot size with SFGAdv, and it's about the same.

Looks to me like it will run parallel-ish to the train tracks there, perpendicular-ish to the Superman lift hill.

I'm not convinced yet... just an idea based on what we know and see right now.

The 200' height limit is really a bummer. 50th Anniversary should be the year for a big, BIG addition. FreeSpin is cool, and all, but ya know...

Either way, though, the park is solid. Lot of different ride experiences, and the best year for employees in a LONG time, I can tell ya that. Been a good season so far. Attendance at both SFoG and SFWW have been solid. They gotta be makin a KILLIN in concessions and stuff.

Took another lap today.

Based on where the tree-removal and dirt-moving is happening, it looks more and more like a S&S 4D Freespin. I checked the corresponding plot size with SFGAdv, and it's about the same.

Looks to me like it will run parallel-ish to the train tracks there, perpendicular-ish to the Superman lift hill.

The 200' height limit is really a bummer. 50th Anniversary should be the year for a big, BIG addition. FreeSpin is cool, and all, but ya know...

Either way, though, the park is solid. Lot of different ride experiences, and the best year for employees in a LONG time, I can tell ya that. Been a good season so far. Attendance at both SFoG and SFWW have been solid. They gotta be makin a KILLIN in concessions and stuff.

While I do agree that it would be cool for SFOG to finally break something over 200ft in the coaster department, height isn't everything. I mean look at Maverick, at Cedar Point standards it's one of the shortest coasters in the park, but most people rank it as Top 2 in the park.

Took another lap today.

While I do agree that it would be cool for SFOG to finally break something over 200ft in the coaster department, height isn't everything. I mean look at Maverick, at Cedar Point standards it's one of the shortest coasters in the park, but most people rank it as Top 2 in the park.

I couldn't agree more with this. A killer RMC like Wildfire would be better than a one-trick-pony.

Doesn't look like that's what we're dealing with, though. :-/

Any news on Lightning Rod?
I didn't know they sold the ride to SFOG, dismantled it, transported it 4 hours south, rebuilt it, and tested it enough to open in the last 24 hours.

Seriously though, you replied to the wrong thread. You're looking for the Dollywood thread.

They do look like BFM cars. However, I did notice that on one part of the picture there appeared to be something under the tarp that looks a lot like stacked wood. It's really hard to tell, though. It could very well just be regular construction materials.

image.thumb.jpeg.b8228ba54535df210060f6357bcdbb0c.jpeg