TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I really can not believe they've chosen "blue hawk". What a stupid name. The name certainly doesn't make or break a ride, but just saying, "hey, let's go ride BLUE HAWK next" makes me feel like an idiot.

We've almost made it to, "Rolly McCoast Face" at this point.

Maybe that's an accomplishment. I don't even know.

I disagree.

It's WAY better than when Z Force was renamed Flashback and when Dominator was painted orange. To be honest, Flashback is your typical Six Flags coaster name, unlike Z Force, and an orange Dominator looks quite ugly to me. Ninja is another typical Six Flags coaster name, and having it changed to Blue Hawk + a new paint job looks nice to me.

What are my thoughts? Well if this goes over well and the general public enjoys the renovations, I hope that Six Flags carries this trend on over to some of their other parks. I'd especially like to see Viper at Six Flags Magic Mountain get a similar treatment.

What are my thoughts? Well if this goes over well and the general public enjoys the renovations, I hope that Six Flags carries this trend on over to some of their other parks. I'd especially like to see Viper at Six Flags Magic Mountain get a similar treatment.

This right here.

Seriously, I can't believe people are arguing over whether "Ninja" or "Blue Hawk" is a better/worse name. That action alone is dumber than the name itself. Last I checked, whether the name of a ride was Blue Hawk, Thunder Dolphin, or Hamster Child Fizzy Biscuit really doesn't matter much if I like or dislike an actual ride.

This right here.

Seriously, I can't believe people are arguing over whether "Ninja" or "Blue Hawk" is a better/worse name. That action alone is dumber than the name itself. Last I checked, whether the name of a ride was Blue Hawk, Thunder Dolphin, or Hamster Child Fizzy Biscuit really doesn't matter much if I like or dislike an actual ride.

Starting to look up for the weekend.. storms on Saturday are down to a 30% chance scattered and partly sunny on Sunday! Excited about heading to the park

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This right here.

I don't think it is wrong for people to like more about the ride than just the ride itself. For me, name, concept, themed elements, etc. all play a part in the overall quality of a coaster because it enhances the experience.

As for Ninja, it just seems wasteful, and while it can be argued that it is being done to better market the ride, it seems to be distracting people from the fact that Ninja won't beat you up as much now. Many people think they are just painting it and renaming it and are failing to recognize the restraint and track changes.

Regardless, at the end of the day I love the ride and am just happy the park is choosing to invest in it rather than ride it out a bit longer and tear it down.

I'm just a little surprised that the park that came up with Acrophobia (once upon a time not too long ago) is now apparently utilizing focus groups consisting of 4 year-olds (or infiltrating Cedar Fair's marketing dept.) to come up with gold like Blue Hawk. Apart from that, I was a fan of the ride prior to any renovation, and am thrilled they chose to throw money at it (ensuring it's future) rather than getting rid of it- which I worried was a realistic possibility based on all the complaints it seemed to get. I'll happily ride it with it's ridiculous name.

Customer Engagement.. make the customer feel like they are part of the decision process.. a lot of companies are going to it and this is probably why Six Flags is doing to via surveys and whatnot

They let customers vote and supposedly picked the winner

Customer Engagement.. make the customer feel like they are part of the decision process.. a lot of companies are going to it and this is probably why Six Flags is doing to via surveys and whatnot

They let customers vote and supposedly picked the winner

Well the park chose the name options for the vote and all were very bland. Customers actually had better names they thought of themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if the New Revolution VR experience made its' way over to Ninja Hawk once the ride was re-established. A smoother ride experience with that ride's capacity would have the potential to work much better than it does on Dare Devil Dive.

This right here.

Now I really want to see a coaster named Hamster Child Fizzy Biscuit! I really do!

I wouldn't be surprised if the New Revolution VR experience made its' way over to Ninja Hawk once the ride was re-established. A smoother ride experience with that ride's capacity would have the potential to work much better than it does on Dare Devil Dive.

Good idea. Aren't they putting VR on the Ninja at SFSL?

The VR would probably be a good way to promote Blue Hawk and get people on it to show them it's much smoother (if it ends up being smooth)

Anyways getting excited about the weekend.. weather keeps looking better and better.. Sat partly sunny with a slight chance of storms and mostly sunny on Sunday.. hopefully the slight chance of storms keeps the crowds down a little on Saturday.. I wish they had hurricane harbor open this weekend though all the water parks around here are open already lol

I've always assumed had they not redone Ninja, they probably would have stuck the VR on it. DDD being low capacity as it is, never made a lot of sense.

Looks like hurricane harbor might do a soft opening today. Lifeguards in position but not really training.. who knows I might get lucky

That would be awesome. I'm probably not going this weekend but was considering going tomorrow. Have you been to White Water or do you have a combo pass? It's a solid water park but like Six Flags, gets ridiculously busy. I'm considering going there tomorrow.

I can't wait until Hurricane Harbor gets expanded a bit because right now it's just always so crowded. A few high capacity slides would be awesome.

I used to go to White Water but haven't been in years.. problem is, I am from Knoxville, so I plan maybe 2 - 3 weekend trips a year to six flags and end up spending the majority of that time at six flags so I just never visit whitewater anymore.

the guards are now gone but looks like maybe they had a small private event there today..

While Ninja/Blue Hawk looks GREAT, any chance they will repaint Scorcher and Goliath any time soon. They are looking bad,especially Scorcher. They are the coasters right in your face when you enter the park and the park looks pretty good for the most part, but when this is the first thing you see you wonder about upkeep.