TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Thanks! Screamin' Eagle has some intense moments and I do like the coaster, so it'll be nice to have it at the Kissimmee location I go to more often.

Where is it going? Hopefully they are not replacing rockstar

I'm hoping it doesn't come at the expense of another ride since aI thought they had space by those random flat rides in back, but I'd take it over the Rockstar Coaster personally.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m hoping Screamin’ Eagle goes into that back part of Old Town as well. I love both of those Miler coasters. I rode Viking Voyage at its original home and it was my favorite coaster at that park. Even though Screamin’ Eagle was half its size, I still thought it was a blast with that double down! That Old Town section would definitely benefit from it. It seems depressing as it sits right now and hardly anybody goes over there. Both parks will definitely benefit from these additions!

• 1 month later...

^ Seems to be some sort of promotion with nearby school districts.

https://www.wftv.com/community/9-family-connection/fun-spot-america-announces-golden-rule-day-at-florida-parks/978145949

ORLANDO, Fla. - Fun Spot America is initiating its Golden Rule Day in Orlando and Kissimmee, Florida, on Saturday, August 24th by raising funds for Orange and Osceola County Public Schools.

"I am so excited about this event as it reminds me of growing up in my parent's house," Fun Spot America CEO and owner John Arie Jr. said. "They always treated others how they wanted to be treated." "As I have taken over for my father after 50+ years in the industry it has not been easy filling his shoes," John Arie Jr. said. "I realized about a year ago that when you practice the Golden Rule everything else falls into place and I am so excited to go public with this mission as we all need to practice this a little bit more in our lives."

On Saturday, guests will receive huge savings that day as Single Day Fun Passes are reduced to $25 each plus tax, and Fun Spot will donate $5 to the Orange or Osceola County Education Foundations for every Fun Pass purchased.

"We have been so blessed with our business in the 20+ years in central Florida and now in Fayetteville, Georgia," John Arie Jr. said. "Giving back to the community is what warms our hearts and we are setting the example through our actions, not just our words." "We invite everyone to come to our parks and see it first-hand."

"It doesn't end there," John Arie Jr. said. "We want to help our community, so 20% of our Single Day Fun Pass sales for this promotion is going to Orange or Osceola County Public Schools." "This is going directly to students and teachers in these communities."

Guests may purchase up to ten Single Day Fun Passes and use them on August 24th or any time before June 1st of 2020. This is a limited time offer, passes are on sale online or at the park that day only from midnight through 12:00 noon. Guests should purchase online or visit the parks early that morning to take advantage of this offer.

"We have had an overwhelming response from our government officials, local business leaders, corporations, media partners, Florida Citrus Sports, and many more." John Arie Jr. said. "We are going to turn the communities we serve, this nation, and then the globe GOLD!!!!" "Thanks for being a part of our mission!!!!"

• 1 month later...

Fun Spot is hard at work erecting their new coaster in Kissimmee. This appears to be Viking Voyage from Wild Adventures as Scream'n Eagle is still operating in Atlanta based on their website and Facebook page where people were talking about how rough it was as recently as a week ago. The color scheme on this second picture backs this up too.

71935877_10158845424116978_2601457636738072576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmCsc4BBDkO3LgWf40ekc6otw0JJDeLNYnIZZmjRd_ZC4r4H8zRQE7a4uiqrl9fWeA&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.fna&oh=97a3c7078be7ce728fd42a7d3c72ce99&oe=5E3440E4

Source

72251603_10158861395626978_5238887703344316416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQn1mHz5kVnB8Y-l5HW9eyrmKIaQYkyFgMH-NEEauvQaeV868xWWA5ZHFpX0jK7rKEw&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.fna&oh=f7badd23adc925922b769629121a4632&oe=5E2FDD8B

Source

Edited by coasterbill

Oh man, I didn't realize another one of these existed out there. Ugh, I'm torn between wanting to hate-ride this for nostalgia's sake and wishing for another natural disaster to come through and spare people from riding this one, as well.

Fun Spot is hard at work erecting their new coaster in Kissimmee. This appears to be Viking Voyage from Wild Adventures as Scream'n Eagle is still operating in Atlanta based on their website and Facebook page where people were talking about how rough it was as recently as a week ago. The color scheme on this second picture backs this up too.

When I rode Scream'n Eagle in April, it was smooth to me. I actually enjoyed it. I only went since it became a Fun Spot park and it was on my way back to FL after my SFOG visit.

Oh man, I didn't realize another one of these existed out there. Ugh, I'm torn between wanting to hate-ride this for nostalgia's sake and wishing for another natural disaster to come through and spare people from riding this one, as well.

When it one was at Wild Adventures, it was the best coaster in that park. It's the only one I kept riding over and over again. I love it. If that one is indeed the one being erected at the FS Kissimmee park, I'll be quite thrilled (especially since I don't like Mine Blower).

This is a bit interesting: RCDB lists this miler as headed to old town: https://rcdb.com/17758.htm

I wonder whether they heard it was going to be erected in old town or if it’s just being temporarily stored there and is being listed as such?

For some reason, Fun Spot had it stored at the Atlanta park when they purchased it from Wild Adventures. Originally, it was thought they would erect it at the Atlanta park, and move Scream'n Eagle to the KIssimmee park. That's what was stated on RCDB before this update. However, they are not doing that. Last minute change? Perhaps. I thought it odd for them to have sent it to the Atlanta park for storage, since Kissimmee is the other direction and had to pass right by Valdosta again (which is why I think it may have been a last minute change.)

The Kissimmee park has been teasing the construction of the coaster on their various social media outlets the past couple of weeks. Here is the latest one posted today:

72411193_10158867820291978_8380171803762360320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQkmbR1iUEjJP1PCy7QmwiOwO8aISRfaNl9p3UMRSY71cR4OO2npQARsBgn94Uyj7BR9ZP9MNjC8LhmuSUARikEl&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=760c0c37f679e168b60d423a3d073077&oe=5E17F1C5

Too bad it's not erected already. I'll be there Saturday...lol

I've always wanted to ride one of these large milers, since it looks like they can give solid air on the drops.

The only one of these I’ve been on was Jack Rabbit at Celebration City. . . It gave CRAZY awesome airtime. . . but would sure beat you up.

I've always wanted to ride one of these large milers, since it looks like they can give solid air on the drops.

The only one of these I’ve been on was Jack Rabbit at Celebration City. . . It gave CRAZY awesome airtime. . . but would sure beat you up.

This is Jack Rabbit that was originally at Celebration City, and then at Wild Adventures. I'm here at the Kissimmee park and it is that one. They are currently repainting/touching up right now as I type this.

Here are 2 pics. I was not in any restricted areas. I was on the proper side of fences and caution tape (in case anyone questions).

20191012_140340.thumb.jpg.a3cd7e17392d2851f11257be5135eca1.jpg

20191012_140356.thumb.jpg.6cba794cc96a240623ce880e2390193a.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey so update...

We were in Orlando last week and stopped by this place after a day at Disney. We honestly weren't really in the mood to ride it after spending 4 days walking around parks and Disney World seemed like a tough act to follow but we were looking for some fast food since it was late, literally passed it anyway and decided to bite the bullet and ride it since we were right there. We parked in the back and were in and out in 10 minutes. The coaster wasn't running (or even turned on) and had no ride op but someone walked over and turned it on for us.

Anyway, I actually liked it a lot better than the similar-looking ride in Atlanta. Every transition is stupid but not rough and if you're a fan of the jankiness of Fun Spot this will fit right in. In a way I kind of like it BECAUSE of what a piece of sh*t it is. Don't go out of your way but if you're in the area go and ride it once. You'll have a good time. The ride ops are also over-the-top proud of the thing, telling us how it just opened and enthusiastically asking us what we thought when er got back to the station. We told them it was amazing.

Old Town is so f*cking weird.