TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Back to Legend...

Only about 30 days until opening, and the Legend drop has NO signs of being tracked. Is it possible that the coaster will not open when the season begins?? I don't know how long it takes to lay the wood, but with such a short time, I'm beginning to doubt Legend will be ready and fully tested.

Just my $.02 worth.

Assuming GCI engineered the physics of the ride correctly, it should be pretty easy to attach a few new sensors and flip the power switch back on. Hopefully it won't run into any problems but testing shouldn't take that long compared to a new coaster.

With this amount of rebuilding, I would assume the testing and re-certification process will be very similar to a completely new ride. I'd say it probably won't be ready until mid to late may depending on how fast they hoof it.

On my drive home on Thursday, I had the chance to listen to episode 3 of the podcast. After it was over, I turned on the radio just in time to hear Nikki Sixx having a discussion about Keith Moon with his co-host. Under pressure also came on the radio shortly after.

Back to Legend...

Only about 30 days until opening, and the Legend drop has NO signs of being tracked. Is it possible that the coaster will not open when the season begins?? I don't know how long it takes to lay the wood, but with such a short time, I'm beginning to doubt Legend will be ready and fully tested.

Just my $.02 worth.

Assuming GCI engineered the physics of the ride correctly, it should be pretty easy to attach a few new sensors and flip the power switch back on. Hopefully it won't run into any problems but testing shouldn't take that long compared to a new coaster.

With this amount of rebuilding, I would assume the testing and re-certification process will be very similar to a completely new ride. I'd say it probably won't be ready until mid to late may depending on how fast they hoof it.

They've hoofed pretty fast the last couple of days. HW did a live broadcast on FB and said they have nearly 50 guys on site working on The Legend right now, which I think is nearly double than the original crew they started with. They stood the last bents today and are already laying track in reverse on the drop. They have a crew putting the eighth layer on return run and it looks like they're working on the final turn now. They've also put some type of metal on The Ledgers going down the drop. They said on FB that their plan is to have it ready for opening day, but they're not guaranteeing it. Once the crew finishes up on the final turn and everyone on site puts their focus on the drop, there is a good chance they'll have it done in 2 weeks especially if they move at the rate they have the last three days.

I don't know how quickly track work is typically built, but say the crews finish it in like 1 1/2 weeks, that could still give them enough time to finish testing in time for opening. They're definitely pushing it though if they want to make April 23. I'll be there. If Legend is open, great! If not, no biggie. I'll just be marathoning Raven, Voyage, and Thunderbird haha.

Man would I love to skip work tomorrow and go to the Splashin' Safari.

I've been to HW twice. Once in 2006, and again in I believe 2012. I went to SS on both visits, but didn't really dedicate as much time there as I'd like to have. I haven't even ridden neither one of the water coasters. I stood in line for Wildebeest for about 10 minutes but the line was so long I decided to move on. The next time I get to HW I definitely want to dedicate more time to SS and ride both the water coasters. And of course TB!

Both LIM water slides are fantastic, and both are very different from each other. I think I prefer Wildebeest, but then I remember going down the 45 degree drop on Mammoth backwards. The lines are always long, and for good reason. Get there first--or go for Holiwood Nights!

The waterpark is fantastic. Everything worked so easy with the wristband for locker too. I spent more than half my time there when I went last July. Was PACKED throughout the day though.

Favorite slides were definitely Mammoth and Wildebeest (Zinga very good too).

Wished they kept it open later - probably closed with a good hour-and-a-half of light left at least.

Noticed on the webcam that there are workers at the white building just below the exit of the launch tunnel. Looks like a small generator similar to those used in traveling carnivals or a smaller version of the generator trailers they used last year. I wonder if they are still having trouble with the flywheels in the Will Power building, or Thunderbird is just too far from the new power station to effectively use the new power setup.

Workers seemed to be adjusting something in that bulding and both of the end doors were open, like is often needed for ventilation of a large engine or motor.

So, can we talk about this for a second?

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2016/04/03/a-burger-topped-with-what/

They're gonna have a Peanut Butter Burger this year. I'm all for trying new things as anyone who's met me can attest to, but this just seems strange. Guess I'll find out in six weeks.