TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

okay, now that the announcement is around the corner, those who want to should commit to firm guesses as to what it will be (be specific). It will be fun to check the guesses against the actual announcement.

Okay, here is my guess:

manufacturer: B&M

type: sit down, launch, multi-inversion

length: 5000 ft.

I predict it will be a B&M variation on a Maverick-type ride. Lower to the ground, terrain hugging, with inversions scattered throughout.

The "first of its kind" will be the first B&M launch.

okay, now that the announcement is around the corner, those who want to should commit to firm guesses as to what it will be (be specific). It will be fun to check the guesses against the actual announcement.

Okay, here is my guess:

manufacturer: B&M

type: sit down, launch, multi-inversion

length: 5000 ft.

I predict it will be a B&M variation on a Maverick-type ride. Lower to the ground, terrain hugging, with inversions scattered throughout.

The "first of its kind" will be the first B&M launch.

thats pretty much my guess. I'll also throw in there that it will cross over the voyage. And I'm still betting on that Orange track that we saw at the B&M plant. With that, I'll say yellow support. Thats my final prediction.

^&^^We all know that B&M didn't make the launch for Hulk, but as normal guests don't even know what B&M is I find it a bit odd that they would say "first of its kind" and end up being something so specific. For most people this would be just another launched coaster, which there are plenty of. So I was pretty intrigued when I heard it would be a first of its kind.

^&^^We all know that B&M didn't make the launch for Hulk, but as normal guests don't even know what B&M is I find it a bit odd that they would say "first of its kind" and end up being something so specific. For most people this would be just another launched coaster, which there are plenty of. So I was pretty intrigued when I heard it would be a first of its kind.

Oh, it wouldn't even slightly surprise me if my guess is way off. I'm expecting to be blown away by this and not see it coming. Hear that Paula? You've set some pretty high expectations...

Has any visitors noticed if they still have there Corn Fields for their Mazes this year? That was my favorite part of Happy Halloween Weekends, would hate not having them this year.

Yes, we'll have corn mazes again this year for Happy Halloween Weekends. With a really cool design ...

Hey everyone! Just joined! I'm a Holiday World season pass holder who visits 1-2 times a week, including tomorrow, so If you guys have any requests on footage, pictures, or information don't hesitate to ask. I've seen the construction first hand it's amazing. Paula, you've done such a fantastic job keeping this a secret!

The Richest List, to save people time...

1. Expedition Everest $100 million

2. Steel Dragon 200 $52 million

3. Thunder Dolphin $37 million

4. The Smiler $30 million

5. Leviathan $28 million

6. Kingda Ka $25 million

7. Millenium Force $25 million

8. Top Thrill Dragster $25 million

9. I305 $25 million

10. The Storm (Aus) $20 million

I would have to think several Disney and Universal coasters would be ahead of the storm on this list, as well as Formula Rossa, Skyrush, Shambhala, the other B&M hypers...others.

Known coaster investments (well, all the ones I could find).

14700587374_ea41db09da_c.jpg

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Outside of us, the GP doesn't really hold on to "first" "tallest" "fastest"...they just want a fun ride! Yellow and orange...hummm that sounds like a great combo! Im trying to think is there a coaster with that scheme going on?

I'm trying my hardest to lower my expectations because if it's not as good as we think it is then I won't be disappointed (which I don't think this will be the case), but if it's especially amazing then it'd be a good surprise! But it's hard to do that with all of this teasing and guessing going on! Excellent work Paula (and to everyone else involved)!

Outside of us, the GP doesn't really hold on to "first" "tallest" "fastest"...they just want a fun ride! Yellow and orange...hummm that sounds like a great combo! Im trying to think is there a coaster with that scheme going on?

Actually, around here it is quite well known that HW builds the "best" "first" "longest" rides in the world. Most of it is that the GP doesn't really know better sometimes, but it also the fact the park advertises their top rides and their accolades all over the surrounding region. That's why I've always expected this ride to be a first or break some type of world record. It is what HW does and sort of what their guest come to expect from HW.

I'm still wondering as to if Plunge station will be incorporated.

I think it will be 2016 before it gets reused. They didn't make the decision to remove the until earlier this year, and this ride that is being built now was probably in the final stages of design by then. I think it would be pushing it a little to ask the manufacturer to redesign a portion of the ride and completely redesign the the station to fit a ride that was never intended to go in it. I still think they're going to end up putting in another shoot the chutes or something like that to go back in the station.

Those large footers usually mean that there will be multiple supports on that footer. Or they come with height because they have to take more weight. So the area that we see on the webcam may hold quite a few supports in an area that seems tightly packed.

My final prediction:

B&M Launched Flyer. This makes it a first of its kind for both enthusiast and the GP as no one has been launched laying down before.

As far as the track color...If it isn't the teal it will be the orange, I haven't really made my mind up on that one yet.

The layout will be as terrain as a flying coaster can get (flying through the trees instead of soaring above them...well, except where it does soar above them.) It will also crossover Voyage and have a couple or few inversions but nothing too extreme.

The theming will be of something that existed in The New World at the time. Probably of Native American heritage or mythos. So both. The main theme will have something to do with a bird or birds or a creature that flies and possibly have something to do with severe storms/weather or the like (lightning, thunder, strong winds....maybe all three.)

Just based off of the 66Days campaign, the ride and or theming isn't going to be as family friendly as some of you keep regurgitating (this also doesn't mean it is going to be super insane either.)

HW is a park built on strong foundations but that doesn't mean they can't and won't build a thrilling (and deeper themed) park on top of that foundation. A strong foundation is essential but the new management understand that only having a foundation doesn't mean you have a home that last for another 68 years, especially in the competitive market of trying to keep new guests coming in. My final prediction is based on this. I think HW has an incredible future ahead of them after having an incredible 2-3 decades and 2015 will be the start of something new. The strong family friendly foundation will remain always there to support the growing park above it.

^^ I'm exactly with you on that prediction. As I've said before, there is nothing unique nor is it a world first if it's a just a launched B&M sit-down looper. You can't advertise the worlds first launched B&M to the GP, it just won't sell. Now the worlds first launched flying coaster (especially if the launch is lying down), that sells.