TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I really hope it's not a B&M although all signs point towards it. If it does happen to be a B&M I hope it's a prototype instead of a Wing Rider or Flyer. B&M needs to starting pushing the envelope more, it seems like everything is cookie cutter these days. Yawn.

So... you haven't ridden Banshee?

I also rode Wild Eagle a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised.

Notes on this boring wing rider:

It consistently had the longest queue

It was visually impressive

The guests seemed to LOVE it

It never had down time

It had a loud impressive roar that could be heard throughout the park

Although not the most intense of the 147 coasters I've been on, it was definitely still a fun ride

As opposed to the ride enthusiasts feel is the best ride in the park: Thunderhead

I saw it down three times

Guests complained of the intensity

It was walk on except when it was broken down

Guests seemed to not be as happy when loading and unloading.

Either way, I don't think we're getting a standard wing rider or a flyer, launched or not. It's already been said that this ride will be one of a kind. I'm thinking prototype. Possibly some kind of next generation coaster based on a wing rider or flyer, but not the same.

Edited by prozach626

I really hope it's not a B&M although all signs point towards it. If it does happen to be a B&M I hope it's a prototype instead of a Wing Rider or Flyer. B&M needs to starting pushing the envelope more, it seems like everything is cookie cutter these days. Yawn.

So... you haven't ridden Banshee?

I also rode Wild Eagle a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised.

I would have been really nervous if riding OzIris before Banshee, but Banshee sure brought them roaring back. Even still, the older inverts are noticeably more intense after riding back to back.

I'll take a Kumba themed to birds, turkeys, what have you over a Wing or Flyer any day .

Will be up in Ohio tomorrow evening (processing the KI pass for Banshee Bash on Friday,) but will definitely tune in here to see what is coming!

David

haha! Totally. Same with Expedition GeForce or Dragon Khan....happy for life

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

What's most remarkable is how well the park has kept this totally under wraps. hard to believe in this day and age that there really hasn't been a solid lead on the type of coaster, other than a likely manufacturer (perhaps).

well done, Holiday World.

As my previous guesses above have shown, I have no idea what this is. I am hoping for a terrain hugging, bunny hill, quick turns coaster of monstrous length -- like a steel version of the Beast, but on steroids and with copious air, or something like that crazy Lightwater Valley Ultimate (?) coaster, but a good version. I would have loved an Intamin-styled maverick ride, but spread out and racing through the trees. Don't need any prototypes or "first of a kinds."

I've been following this thread for the past 150 pages of speculation for the new coaster. I just wanted to say how excited I am for the announcement tomorrow and while I've never been to Holiday World before, they've definitely claimed a spot on my must visit list for 2015!

As my previous guesses above have shown, I have no idea what this is. I am hoping for a terrain hugging, bunny hill, quick turns coaster of monstrous length -- like a steel version of the Beast, but on steroids and with copious air,

Someone's never heard of the Voyage......

[EDIT] My bad, you said with steel......

As my previous guesses above have shown, I have no idea what this is. I am hoping for a terrain hugging, bunny hill, quick turns coaster of monstrous length -- like a steel version of the Beast, but on steroids and with copious air,

Basically most people seem to be hoping for a launched Voyage made of steel with a couple inversions thrown in. This is seeming less and less likely. Unfortunately, say what you will about the relative intensity of B&M's products, but I believe the one thing they have never done is true, balls-to-the-wall ejector airtime, so you can scratch that off the list of what to expect. Also, those lightning fast transitions like you find on Lightning Run, Maverick, etc? Don't get your hopes up for that either.

Now that we know it's going to be a B&M, the question is; what type of coaster? This could very well be the next B&M prototype.

Just for clarification, we don't know that the roller coaster is going to be a B&M, but there is strong evidence that suggests a B&M.

I just wanted to say how excited I am for the announcement tomorrow and while I've never been to Holiday World before, they've definitely claimed a spot on my must visit list for 2015!

The announcement was my excuse to do a 3 day road trip to Kings Island (7/21), Kentucky Kingdom (7/22) and Holiday World (7/23).

Um... have you gone to Kings Island in Mason, Ohio and ridden the new steel coaster there called Banshee? If you haven't, you're in for a treat.

B&M caters to what the parks what. Kings Island wanted something extreme and that was Banshee. Cedar Point wanted something to change the skyline and that was GateKeeper.

Parks tells the manufacturer what they want, NOT B&M.

I'm pretty sure Holiday World will NOT disappoint us.

B&M has and still makes the best coasters. Safe coasters too.

Well that all a matter of opinion. I agree on the safety and reliability, they have the crown on that. Best coasters? You'll have to ask El Toro, Bizzaro, Expedition-G Force and I305 about that

Yes, but also I would like to see something even lower to the ground on a consistent basis than Voyage. I wouldn't consider Voyage a terrain-hugging coaster, although it certainly does have some elements like that. I was thinking more Maverick-like or Cheetah Run-like, but with intensity. More elements like that low-to-the-ground section El Toro at the very end -- high speeds turns, low to the ground, while racing through trees is a great concept -- always surprised more coaster designers don't use that feature on staying low and fast, with low profile bunny hills and turns.

Edited by tororific

To those who think the name will be Thunderbird, don't forget, she's been throwing out red herrings in the clues, and don't forget that she posted the clue a long time after someone mentioned the name. It's a distraction it seems like.

Nope.

6 giant loops in a dirt field (plus a helix and inline twist). I realize it filled a void at Kings Island, but there isn't much to the design. The coaster nerd in my always wants tunnels, trenches.. a pre-lift section

The way Banshee was the way I liked it. Sure 6 giant loops in a dirt field, but it was extremely forceful.

To those who think the name will be Thunderbird, don't forget, she's been throwing out red herrings in the clues, and don't forget that she posted the clue a long time after someone mentioned the name. It's a distraction it seems like.

Nope.

That's wishful thinking. Thunderbird has nothing to do with Thanksgiving itself, nor a direct correlation with the Mayflower, or Pilgrims.