TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Damn, I've been so out of the loop.

...Consider yourself lucky.

This is the way I see it, some think it's a B&M Wing coaster and some of us hope it's not.

I don't really want it to be a wing coaster but I feel if it is one HW and B&M will find a way to make it intense, fun, and all around good ride.

I'm guessing a new type of B&M wing coaster, possibly with free spinning seats like the new S&S version, possibly with the magnets S&S said they'd use on theirs. Not sure how much they could get away with there but I think that's the general concept. Probably on the orange track as well. It had that unusual piece an it would work with the Native American mythology theme.

On that note, beautiful theme choice here! Thanksgiving is the Pilgrims and Native Americans and they have the Pilgrims with The Voyage, now they have both!

Just started following this now after reading a few complaints about "66 days" being too long to speculate. Having only read the last clue, I'm thinking it will be a record breaking B&M Wing Rider? I won't be online for the announcement, but I'm excited for it.

Anyone else in a way kinda sad that the 66daysatsea is over? Maybe I lead a boring life but checking the site for new clues everyday has been a highlight and something to look forward to everyday for the past 66 days! Thank you Paula and all at HW for making this such a fun journey getting here and sharing the excitement with us! Excellent job to you guys. You've set the bar for new ride campaigns so high... Not sure any other park could ever top it but HW.

Now that we know it's going to be a B&M, the question is; what type of coaster? This could very well be the next B&M prototype.

Just for clarification, we don't know that the roller coaster is going to be a B&M, but there is strong evidence that suggests a B&M.

I know that technically, nothing can be certain unless 100% confirmed. But....I have my suspicions.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

I can't believe it has been 66 days since this all started. Everyday but the past two hours have felt like forever and now those 66 days seem to have flown by. It's wonderful to see so many guests and members viewing this thread for a "little park in the middle of a cornfield."

I am very excited for tomorrow but it's an odd excitement. Usually for Christmas, the feeling of excitement is pared with wondering if you got that new toy or gadget or if you got a few pairs of socks (again). This excitement isn't like that at all. This excitement is not caring what's under the tree but, instead, is an excitement where just getting something is the best part of all!

Seriously, it could be socks and I'd still want to wear holes in them.

I can't believe it has been 66 days since this all started. Everyday but the past two hours have felt like forever and now those 66 days seem to have flown by. It's wonderful to see so many guests and members viewing this thread for a "little park in the middle of a cornfield."

I am very excited for tomorrow but it's an odd excitement. Usually for Christmas, the feeling of excitement is pared with wondering if you got that new toy or gadget or if you got a few pairs of socks (again). This excitement isn't like that at all. This excitement is not caring what's under the tree but, instead, is an excitement where just getting something is the best part of all!

I'm feeling that same excitement. because i'm curious, is Holiday World your home park?

I'm feeling that same excitement. because i'm curious, is Holiday World your home park?

I feel exactly the same way! HW is my home park as it's only about 30 min away. I'm 33 so I've grown up and watch the park grow and flourish my entire life. So it's not exactly just the excitement of a new ride, but excitement for the Koch family, that park, and that town.they have come so so so far over the years. Met with challenges of all sorts they just looked them square in the eye and dealt with whatever was thrown their way in the most amazing way possible. They have had some extremely tough times in the recent past few years, so I consider this announcement to be a celebration or gift to themselves of sorts for making it through. The HW family truly deserves all the attention, high praise, kudos, and business growth this new attraction will certainly bring. I'm so terribly proud of my home park and those who run it. I consider myself lucky beyond means to be able to grow up with such a place right in my backyard and to be able to watch them grow as they have. That park has done things for me that they will never know beyond just providing the best family fun. When I suffered tragic losses in my family, park was there to remind me that it's still ok to have fun and helped me unknowingly through the grieving processes.... More than once. When I went through a very nasty divorce, my season pass became the best therapy any money could ever buy. And this season I have not been able to attend because I had a stroke a few months back..,. And yet despite my ability to be able to go this year, the park has still somehow helped me through... All the depression seems to go away every time I read a tweet, holiblog, or other post. Plus with this new attraction and just my raw desire to go to that park often, it's given me strength and purpose to work very hard to recover so that next season I can be one of the very first to ride whatever this new thing is. Apparently this is a new chapter for them, and it look forward to the rest of the journey! To HW - good luck and have a blast tomorrow! You guys deserve it all and more!

Edited by HolidayWorldFTW

I am not sure if anyone has noticed this but they posted on the holiblog.

"My clue: "I believe that this key should be in German. (I'm sorry. I have not spoken German for a year.) Our designers designed our project in a German speaking country. Unfortunately, there are many good designers in German-speaking countries. One should remember that it is great. Very large. It is also unique. That's all! Have fun with Google Translate! "

This should narrow down the manufacturer!

Looks like we are talking B&M or Gerstlauer

Edited by Floydsheating

I am not sure if anyone has noticed this but they posted on the holiblog.

"My clue: "I believe that this key should be in German. (I'm sorry. I have not spoken German for a year.) Our designers designed our project in a German speaking country. Unfortunately, there are many good designers in German-speaking countries. One should remember that it is great. Very large. It is also unique. That's all! Have fun with Google Translate! "

This should narrow down the manufacturer!

What a fruitless hint. Still doesn't narrow us down from our top-3 guesses of B&M, Intamin, or Mack. Sneaky, sneaky.