TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, Basicbatch said:

Didn’t know there was an app! Good to know, also was wondering about the rides that require lockers

Dont worry about lockers.  Purchase a runners belt.   I store  my cc, keys, and phone in it.   Never a issue.  And don't  have to wait in the 30 person  line just for lockers.   SFNJ dont use metal detectors  at the ride entrances 

3 hours ago, Lightnin Loops said:

Dont worry about lockers.  Purchase a runners belt.   I store  my cc, keys, and phone in it.   Never a issue.  And don't  have to wait in the 30 person  line just for lockers.   SFNJ dont use metal detectors  at the ride entrances 

^ My experience is that will NOT WORK. They have ride ops and security at the entry to those rides. These guys have X-Ray vision and will catch you. No metal detectors, as they don't need it.

3 hours ago, coasternut said:

^ My experience is that will NOT WORK. They have ride ops and security at the entry to those rides. These guys have X-Ray vision and will catch you. No metal detectors, as they don't need it.

Well for me, its been working  since SFNJ  added these draconian  locker  policy.   And i  dont need to wait in a 30 deep locker line.   

Park is packed today, we’re actually leaving it’s so crowded. Did finally manage a back seat ride on JDC, my first raptor… fantastic! 

8AA2E2CC-76D8-48E1-9297-7A1C5C03B83C.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Superbatboy said:

How long did you wait for JDC??

Prob 30ish minutes, which included a 5-10 minute breakdown. The line never stops moving. For all the whining about capacity w/ these raptors, the crew had all four trains on and were absolutely chewing through the line.

• Like 3

We are headed to SFGA in a couple of weeks and had a quick question about Gold vs. Platinum Flash Pass.  I know how they work, and the time differences, but how are the merge points there?  I've been to some parks where the merge point was very close to the loading area so it was virtually walk ons all day.  I've also been to some parks that the merge points were further back and it would still take 20-30 minutes, so the platinum didn't really make a difference since you could just reserve the next ride after the merge and 20-30 minutes later your gold pass ride would be ready.  

15 minutes ago, jray21 said:

I've been to some parks where the merge point was very close to the loading area so it was virtually walk ons all day.  I've also been to some parks that the merge points were further back and it would still take 20-30 minutes, so the platinum didn't really make a difference since you could just reserve the next ride after the merge and 20-30 minutes later your gold pass ride would be ready.  

Many of the coasters the merge Points are all in different points in the queue.
Most of the merge points on coasters lead mostly into the station, or stairs before the station.
Joker's is my least favorite because you still have to wait 20 minutes because they merge you at the split point.
But most of them are walk on or station wait, If you want to do JDC and Wonder women and skip that line I would recommend Platinum but JDC line moves quick and Wonder women I use my member Skip the line on it. (JDC has no Skip the line rn)

4 hours ago, jray21 said:

We are headed to SFGA in a couple of weeks and had a quick question about Gold vs. Platinum Flash Pass.  I know how they work, and the time differences, but how are the merge points there?  I've been to some parks where the merge point was very close to the loading area so it was virtually walk ons all day.  I've also been to some parks that the merge points were further back and it would still take 20-30 minutes, so the platinum didn't really make a difference since you could just reserve the next ride after the merge and 20-30 minutes later your gold pass ride would be ready.  

I haven't gotten FP at this park in ages just because its close and I do things like yesterday where we got there super early, rode a couple things, sat and ate/drank for an hour, then rode a few more things and left mid-afternoon, but I'm here often enough so I should know this stuff. Let's see how I do...

Nitro, Bizarro, Batman, Runaway Mine Train and JDC have their own dedicated FP stairs and dump you into the station.
Ka,  Superman and Toro both merge a little bit before the station stairs/ramp but its usually not too much longer than ^ these unless its slammed and the merge attendant is doing a crappy job pulsing the line.
Zum & Wonder Woman don't have stairs but their FP lines dump you into the station for Zum and loading area for WW.
Skull Mountains FP line is up the exit.
Jokers is when they split to each side but again, if the merge attendant is pulsing properly the wait is minimal from this point in my experience.
The Dark Knight I honestly forget how they do FP here.
Don't ask me about Green Lantern, its been at least 5 years since I've ridden it. I feel like the merge point is before the stairs, hopefully someone else will clarify for me.

I think that's everything. Unless its just flat out insanely packed (like yesterday) Gold usually gets the job done.

1 hour ago, boldikus said:

Nitro, Bizarro, Batman, Runaway Mine Train and JDC have their own dedicated FP stairs and dump you into the station.

True except for RMT; on that one you go up the exit.

Ka,  Superman and Toro both merge a little bit before the station stairs/ramp but its usually not too much longer than ^ these unless its slammed and the merge attendant is doing a crappy job pulsing the line.

True except for Ka, this year they moved the flash pass line to the steps on the left side of the station, and there's no merge at all anymore.

Skull Mountains FP line is up the exit.

They changed it this year and now the Flash Pass entrance is its own dedicated entrance to the left of that building with the claw games, and it will let you right into the station near row 1.

The Dark Knight I honestly forget how they do FP here.

Merge point before the pre-show.

Don't ask me about Green Lantern, its been at least 5 years since I've ridden it. I feel like the merge point is before the stairs, hopefully someone else will clarify for me.

Absolutely right.

You can also use it at Justice League and it completely bypasses most of the queue and preshow and dumps you right onto the loading platform. For the Big Wheel, you enter through the exit. Skyscreamer has its own queue for Flash Pass and they will pull from that queue first when loading. There's a few other flats as well that are on there like Buccaneer, Cyborg, and Twister but I honestly can't remember what those ones are like.

• Like 2

Glad you had fun!

Jersey Devil is a blast. I can’t believe it’s at Great Adventure. The lineup is just totally stacked.

Flash Pass at Great Adventure is kind of like Cedar Point’s Fastlane. Some rides, it’s amazing. Other rides it helps but only so much. Kingda Ka and Wonder Woman come to mind as rides where it can back up a lot, El Toro has that potential but it depends on the day. Nitro is usually awesome unless it’s just stupid, stupid packed.

On 7/5/2021 at 12:13 PM, boldikus said:

Current Toro status 

8BBB5701-7B31-4E77-8A74-2D6DCFF85FB4.jpeg

3B27F143-1E81-4100-B488-CEF51F24C862.jpeg

Also just raced a Ka train on Zum and what an upgrade that is.

Great pics.   Looks like the park  will have el  Toro open very soon.  Been hearing maintenance  has been non stop all over the track and ride.  

Yeah not so sure about "very soon"

https://www.nj.com/ocean/2021/07/rear-wheels-moved-out-of-position-in-six-flags-roller-coaster-derailment-report-finds.html

A Department of Community Affairs incident report obtained by NJ Advance Media shed some more light on what happened when a train on the El Toro rollercoaster at Six Flags Great Adventure partially derailed last week.

The ride remained shut down this week as officials continued to probe what caused the incident.

However, the report contained more details about what happened last week at the Jackson amusement park.

On June 29 at 4:23 p.m., a train on the El Toro ride failed to return to the station after it stopped a few yards before the “brake run” and the ride was locked down three minutes later before it was cleared at 4:45 p.m., the report stated.

Video of the incident posted to YouTube showed a train of six empty cars stopped on the tracks just ahead of an incline. People were on the ride during the mishap, but a spokeswoman for the Jackson theme park, Kristin Fitzgerald, said no guests were hurt and said the carts did not derail.

While the ride was in motion, the rear wheels of “Car A6″ of the train “came out of their normal position on the rails,” according to the report. It was unclear exactly when this happened but the train traveled most of the ride with the wheels in this position.

During the ride, an axle of the vehicle damaged its rear wheel assembly, as well as the wood and steel bolts of the track, officials said.

The report stated that the cause of the partial derailment had not yet been identified and that a “detailed track gauge and track steel inspection” was still in the works.

“El Toro will not reopen until DCA is provided with a report by the ride manufacturer indicating what caused the derailment as well as how to mitigate the issue,” DCA spokeswoman Lisa Ryan said last week.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, boldikus said:

the carts did not derail.

While the ride was in motion, the rear wheels of “Car A6″ of the train “came out of their normal position on the rails,”

The report stated that the cause of the partial derailment had not yet been identified and that a “detailed track gauge and track steel inspection” was still in the works.

“El Toro will not reopen until DCA is provided with a report by the ride manufacturer indicating what caused the derailment

Sure sounds like it derailed.  The wheels were no longer on the rails.  De-railed.  It didn't come completely off the track but this is still, quite literally, a derail.  They even say it three times after denying it.

• Like 1