TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Made it out to the park today for my last visit of the year (and perhaps a long, long time... because college, etc).

Overall it was about as busy as I expected--not very. The midways seemed busier than the queues which is weird because a few of the coasters and rides were closed. Maybe the overcast skies and short periods of drizzle kept more people away, but I managed quite a bit of riding in just a few hours.

From 11am to around 2:30, I tallied...

Nitro, 3x

Batman (still backwards), 1x

Kingda Ka (front row), 1x

Zumanjaro (walk on), 2x

El Toro, 9x

It's a little strange being alone at parks, but I love being able to do what I want and when I want. No way I could do El Toro NINE TIMES in the magic seat with anyone that's not that into coasters. It's nice to just geek out and enjoy myself every once in a while.

As for the park, there were some of the same standard issues (like cutting, El Toro running one train with lap bar difficulty until around 1, etc) but I don't really want to get into that because it was overall a great day and I didn't need to spend a dime.

Six Flags sucks sometimes but where else can you ride El Toro, well, anywhere? That alone makes it worth it.

A few pics I snapped here and there, sorry for the vertical photos (I know, I know...).

image.thumb.jpg.2e634ab3fed8cdeb10cdd8b4e9f910e8.jpg

Walk-ons abound!

image.thumb.jpg.8402137d0e8ef41c09b40c54575a8087.jpg

Nothing better

image.thumb.jpg.7b70c6c8924c75eb96f0b3e81f54fd12.jpg

I always ride this once. The ride sucks everywhere except the front, so you should wait the extra 20 minutes. Just do it.

image.thumb.jpg.58f487b7484ffd7ae59c1a23cde99eee.jpg

The trek across the Zumanjaro Great Plains. It takes longer to get to it than to wait, so I rode twice in a row without getting up.

image.thumb.jpg.835d835cf2b4791fe32bcc1908646297.jpg

And it also makes for some interesting views of the best ride in the park/east coast/country/world, depending on your perspective.

image.thumb.jpg.df66a2ff36ca6690ce7cb4d89d80b4b3.jpg

One last look at Nitro on the way out.

image.thumb.jpg.226c16638e5e4b36af9e9c3f7b07b722.jpg

One more time?

image.thumb.jpg.60ebb26da8f5d23c76ddc2edad314339.jpg

Car 6, row 2. That's my address when I'm at Great Adventure.

Nice report, Password. You picked a nice day to go. Ive been very envious of everyone at the park the last two days.

Unrelated, can anyone confirm that the park is in fact changing the music inside Skull Mountains to this for HITP?

Decided to hit the park up today from 3-7 for the last hours of the regular operating season. Some notes...

Ride count:

-Nitro 2x

-El Toro 1x (magic seat)

-Kingda Ka 1x (front row)

-S:UF 1x

-Green Lantern 1x (front row)

-Namtab 1x (row 8, front/back row)

-TDK 1x

-Decorations prep is looking good for HITP. The tree looks great at the fountain with its bright LED lights (although the tree looks unfinished since it looks like a Dots candy). Saw other lights and setups throughout the park. It should look amazing a few weeks from now.

-Crowds were low, although when we first got there the parking lot was decently filled. Everything was just about a station wait the entire time we were there, including a few opportunities to reride certain rides without getting off (couldn't take advantage because we had a 6 year old with us).

-Namtab was a lot better than on my July visit since I got row 8, which gave the open view of the track. Still very rattly and disorientating, and I am glad it will return back to normal next season, but I'm glad I got 1 more spin on it.

-El Toro ran surprisingly fast for such a cold day. Still not its summer form, but still amazing.

-I don't know if it's the chilly weather, but there is no better way to ride Nitro than on a cold fall night. Had some of the best rides I've ever had on it tonight. Speaking of which, some group in one of the middle rows on our last ride started smoking a blunt while going up the lift! Since it was 20min before the season ended I didn't bother telling anyone, but that amazed me they had the balls to do that.

Ended this season on a very strong note!!! Can't wait for HITP and Total Mayhem next year! Some pics...

20151108_145308.thumb.jpg.2244b786b239ff95c77b798154c343f0.jpg

The bull.

20151108_145331.thumb.jpg.b29d0a9ea8e70d1d6eb571cc9d0dfbd6.jpg

Parabolas!!!

20151108_145404.thumb.jpg.aedbb00cb6376fd4fc2ba33bb9bdc6fa.jpg

GL ran very smoothly in the front row today.

20151108_160932.thumb.jpg.eea0d10c697c9ed0886f78d9b42c1530.jpg

Can't get enough El Toro.

20151108_164909.thumb.jpg.f7fb0296c87b88b75820ba396eb4ee0e.jpg

20151108_164918.thumb.jpg.323034939af66026839d5c3562170e99.jpg

No one should ever comment on KK without experiencing the front row at least once.

20151108_165016.thumb.jpg.3fea3b8db6072eca540eef76e33c22ca.jpg

As I said...can never get enough of El Toro.

20151108_165144.thumb.jpg.a409581c75f4eefdd1a865b859dd1e6a.jpg

Nitro at sunset.

20151108_170234.thumb.jpg.c81b4e24aa8257ae5b436bdb440ec491.jpg

S:UF gets too much hate...always gives a solid ride.

20151108_173917.thumb.jpg.6af9ebe823b806a11779b8a6f988da61.jpg

The park looked great at night.

20151108_174115.thumb.jpg.f6661461db6ccc54376dce5c19426396.jpg

Favorite pic of the bunch.

20151108_182450.thumb.jpg.50f9e3c793152d917dd7ee1a76f6aa28.jpg

Nitro and Namtab were a great way to end the season!

I went to the park yesterday while Rikki and her friends from work went to the Grape Adventure festival (their review: "eh"). Was there from 12-7. Temperatures were pretty comfortable most of the day, then getting a little nippy after dark. Some notes:

- Decorations are starting to come together. They're currently stringing garland around each of the poles on Yum Yum and the Carousel. Trees are sprouting up throughout the park, and the big tree in the center is starting to come together.

- Nitro, S:UF, GL, and Dark Knight were all essentially walk-ons. El Toro and Batman had only one train each going, so there was some line there, but overall the wait wasn't terrible. <15 minutes each.

- Operations were pretty good. Minimal stacking on each coaster.

Can't wait to see this place lit up in a couple weeks!!!

Went to the park yesterday to process my pass and get some rides in as it was the end of the season. I was shocked how easy it was and they were very helpful since I had to buy my daughter's ticket (9.99).

The crowds were low as stated before and most coasters had two train operations. El Tore was running amazing and we were able to stay on the coaster a few times in a row! It was my daughters first time there and she said she enjoyed it. She isn't a coaster dork like me so she pretty much screamed on all the coaster. Kingda Ka she screamed and at the top was like "WHERE ARE WE???", as she thought the ride was over, HAHA!

Overall, a great day at the park and can't wait for next season!

Speaking of which, some group in one of the middle rows on our last ride started smoking a blunt while going up the lift! Since it was 20min before the season ended I didn't bother telling anyone, but that amazed me they had the balls to do that.

I've heard people smoking ciggs in queues and weed being smoked on the Skyway but a blunt on the way up Nitros lift is taking it to the next level.

some group in one of the middle rows on our last ride started smoking a blunt while going up the lift!

Only at Great Adventure...

This is the park that literally sold/may still sell a shirt with a stick figure drawing of Ka that reads, "Dude, we're all high up here".

Though, I can imagine some MM guests getting their medical on.

Speaking of which, some group in one of the middle rows on our last ride started smoking a blunt while going up the lift! Since it was 20min before the season ended I didn't bother telling anyone, but that amazed me they had the balls to do that.

I've heard people smoking ciggs in queues and weed being smoked on the Skyway but a blunt on the way up Nitros lift is taking it to the next level.

Either of those acivities happening on the Skyride would not bother me, but doing it on a lift hill of a coaster just seems a bit dangerous.

I know I read that and I'm over here thinking "that's dangerous once it starts really moving with the ash and embers flying everywhere" and "is this guy passing it around to everyone on the train" and also "Nitros ride length is not enough time to smoke an entire blunt" and like "how is he gonna put it out?"

lmao

This came out of nowhere.

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Announces New Caribbean Cove Interactive Water Play Area in 2016

JACKSON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With Six Flags Great Adventure’s new Holiday in the Park event just 10 days away, the world’s largest theme park is unveiling another thrilling expansion for 2016 with the addition of Six Flags Hurricane Harbor’s Caribbean Cove, a fun and interactive water play area.

"Hurricane Harbor is already home to some of the most innovative and extreme water slides on the planet, and in 2016 we are excited to offer families a spectacular, new area featuring tons of splashy playtime activities along with refreshing relaxation for children and their parents,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.

The key features of Caribbean Cove include:

Active and colorful water play center with more than 55 interactive features

Spray nozzles, jets, valves, water guns, action slide and a giant tipping bucket towering nearly two stories in the air

Two-foot-deep, beach-entry pool

Giant beach area with 300 new lounge chairs

New shade canopy will provide additional respite from the summer sun

At Caribbean Cove, kids can play for hours, and parents can choose to join in the fun or watch while reclining nearby. The play area will be located between the Taak It Eez Ee Creek lazy river and Big Wave Racer slide complex and is slated to open summer 2016. Also coming in 2016, the highly-anticipated Total Mayhem 4-D, free-fly coaster debuting next door at Six Flags Great Adventure.

The 45-acre Hurricane Harbor water park also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river, more than 25 high-speed thrill slides and another massive children’s water playground. All attractions are included with park admission, Season Pass or Membership.

For more information on Hurricane Harbor, visit http://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com.

This came out of nowhere.

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Announces New Caribbean Cove Interactive Water Play Area in 2016

JACKSON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With Six Flags Great Adventure’s new Holiday in the Park event just 10 days away, the world’s largest theme park is unveiling another thrilling expansion for 2016 with the addition of Six Flags Hurricane Harbor’s Caribbean Cove, a fun and interactive water play area.

"Hurricane Harbor is already home to some of the most innovative and extreme water slides on the planet, and in 2016 we are excited to offer families a spectacular, new area featuring tons of splashy playtime activities along with refreshing relaxation for children and their parents,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.

The key features of Caribbean Cove include:

Active and colorful water play center with more than 55 interactive features

Spray nozzles, jets, valves, water guns, action slide and a giant tipping bucket towering nearly two stories in the air

Two-foot-deep, beach-entry pool

Giant beach area with 300 new lounge chairs

New shade canopy will provide additional respite from the summer sun

At Caribbean Cove, kids can play for hours, and parents can choose to join in the fun or watch while reclining nearby. The play area will be located between the Taak It Eez Ee Creek lazy river and Big Wave Racer slide complex and is slated to open summer 2016. Also coming in 2016, the highly-anticipated Total Mayhem 4-D, free-fly coaster debuting next door at Six Flags Great Adventure.

The 45-acre Hurricane Harbor water park also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river, more than 25 high-speed thrill slides and another massive children’s water playground. All attractions are included with park admission, Season Pass or Membership.

For more information on Hurricane Harbor, visit http://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbornj.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com.

Lol good! This park needs more space/slides/etc. to handle the crowds it gets. It's wayyy too common for this place to reach capacity literally an hour after it opens for the day.

^ My thoughts exactly. Now that the park is included in the free Gold upgrades on season passes, the park is insanely crowded very often.

No, it's not a slide complex with drop-box slides, but this is what the park needed. 300 new lounge chairs and the added square footage are huge improvements for the park!

Though, I can imagine some MM guests getting their medical on.

They definitely do, though I've never seen anyone with a blunt on a coaster. Usually it's just those vape pens that are very easy to conceal. Could it be Great Adventure's guests are slight more rarchet than MM's?

Attention Boldikus; your pleas for Skull Mountain ERT have not gone unheard. From the latest newsletter:

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 12.21.59 PM.png[/attachment]

See you guys in the back car!

Seriously though the most exciting thing in that newsletter for me is "peppermint eggnog funnel cake".

I wonder if after legalization takes place (Prime Minister of Canada announced he will legalize it, Supreme court of Mexico ruled that prohibition is against human rights, and 4 states and DC have legalized.. so its coming) if parks will sell infused drinks or have a 'smoking lounge'. Id imagine there is a metric-butt-ton of money to be made and they already sell alcohol. Think about how much their snack sales will go up! Six Flags will sell 4x more churros!

I have no problem with someone consuming weed at the park, but I have a problem with it on a lift hill. The same way I'd have an issue if someone was drinking a beer or using a cell phone on a lift hill. Ride safety always come first.

I am curious as to when they'll release the ride list for Holiday in the Park. The website has been telling us to "check back" since April. Based on the map and press release it seems like we can figure it out but an official list would be cool.

BOOM

Note: they are not advertising Batman as "Batman: The Ride Backwards", take that for what its worth.

Also, we now have a HITP "brochure" in PDF format, complete with a detailed HITP park map HERE.