TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Not directed at you, PW121- I just don't think you need to ride Green Lantern "the right way" to enjoy it any more than you would any other coaster- you'll be fine if you can keep your eyes open and remain somewhat cognizant of the ride's layout as you go. Avoid sitting on the bicycle seat as if you are riding a bicycle if you're a dude- but these things should go without saying.

Exactly what I say, "the right way" is following the ride ops directions.

And that's exactly what I'm saying. In a perfect world, everyone will follow the posted and spoken instructions, but that just isn't the case. On any given train there are at least 4-6 people that are either sitting with their knees parallel to the ground or standing so tall they can't touch the ground.

This is exactly why I said "if ridden correctly." If you follow the instructions it's a very good stand up and would be a star attraction in most parks. If you have ridden stand ups before you can ride defensively (lean head forward, bend knees ever so slightly when the train locks so your head is above the restraint if you're tall enough) to make the ride that much better without worrying about working with the maneuvers at all to avoid discomfort.

All in all though if you have the time and the line is reasonable it's wirh a ride to judge for yourself. I don't persoanlly ride it very often because I enjoy some other rides in the park more, but that's just my opinion and it's totally cool if someone LOVES Green Lantern. It's awesome if you do because that's what riding coasters is about.

I skipped Superman: Ultimate Fluff on my trip. Why?

1. the wait was 2 hours each time we checked.
  2. The ride is garbage it's so boring. I would rather take a few hits to head on GL than waste precious time for a lame ride.
  3. A preztel loop justifies nothing for me when there are other pretzel loops out there that come included with a fantastic layout. Some, such as Manta and Tatsu, that I have been on and others I haven't.
  4. Did I mention the ride does nothing?
  5. I have already been on SFOG's and SFGAm, the first of which is actually very nicely placed and landscaped, including tunnels. SFGAd/m both sit in a grass field, making the experience that much more boring as your eyes wonder around due to your bordem on the ride.

For the record I do follow the directions when I ride Green Lantern and I do love intense, snappy forceful B&M coasters but I still think Green Lantern absolutely sucks. The fact that someone (IE most people) think the ride sucks doesn't mean they just think it sucks because they're not "riding it properly". The only way to properly ride Green Lantern is to go ride El Toro instead.

To each his own but please don't assume I'm doing something wrong because I don't like the ride. I ride it properly and I still think it's an uncomfortable, crappy and (by the way) ugly pile of crap.

To each his own but please don't assume I'm doing something wrong because I don't like the ride. I ride it properly and I still think it's an uncomfortable, crappy and (by the way) ugly pile of crap.

My sentiments exactly.I've tried as much as I can to enjoy the ride but I simply can't no matter what I attempt to do to improve the experience a bit. I've tried a lot of different seats, different seating positions, etc. but I still can't like it. The standup coaster is one of the few coasters that really shouldn't be that forceful.

I absolutely despise Green Lantern and the fact that it replaced GASM is even worse. I much prefer Riddler over GL as it has a much better and much more forceful layout and um doesn't suck.

I should clarify that my issue is with the typical enthusiast over-exaggeration about comfort (or lack thereof), not layout. Those are two separate and very different things.

Look, I'm the first one to cast blame on myself when it comes to stand-ups. I think I just don't have the right body type in height and weight for them in order to ride them comfortably. I'm sure if I dropped a few dozen pounds my ride experience on GL would be completely different. I don't think it's an over-exaggeration to say that the ride does not treat me kindly, however. I get what people say about riding defensively, and I'll have to try that the next time my cojones are fully healed up.

Side note, going to be heading down to the park tomorrow with the family to redeem our Flash Sale memberships. They all say on the first time vouchers, "Go to the processing center" -- anyone know where exactly that is?

Although njcoaster guy is probably right, if you do need to go to the Processing Center, it is between Green Lantern and Superman.

They process your pass at the gate but I think the chick screwed mine up. I try to log in my new pass online and it says that pass number isnt right. Maybe its just not put into the computer yet but we'll see. I kept my paper if I have a problem.

Gonna go next Sat.

GL is pretty bad. Scream Machine was the better coaster. How do you replace an old arrow with a B&M and get a more painful ride?

That's a huge mind ****. I still prefer Scream Machine as well. I was pretty disappointed when they announced Chang would be the replacement.

It was rough compared to a lot of the Arrows I have ridden, but the back seat wasn't that bad of a ride.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/holiday-in-the-park/news-release

"Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Parachutes and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in the Adventure Seaport area. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Skull Mountain, weather permitting. "