TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Yeah there was a post about that dude re: the shirt a few months back.

Not that I think we should get into a huge discussion about this AGAIN, on one hand I can see where he's coming from regarding them being hypocritical, a lot of the parks branding definitely has double meaning (a friend of mine bought the "I Like It Rough" shirt BECAUSE of the double meaning) BUT on the other hand all of this could have been avoided if he had looked at the "park policies" stated on both the park map/brochure thing and their website.

DRESS CODE

In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, Six Flags strictly enforces a dress code. Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear. Clothing with rude, vulgar or offensive language or graphics is not permitted, and shirts cannot be turned inside-out as a solution. Bathing suits may be worn only in water park areas. Park admission may be denied if clothing is deemed by management to be inappropriate.

^ That's been there since at least last year (when I saw it), I'm sure longer than that. He states in that video he knew the shirt could have multiple interpretations, whether sexual or related to firearms. With this countries sensitivity to all things gun related, any shirt with "I SHOOT (insert any word of your choice)" could be deemed offensive by someone else. I feel the same way about the other dude with the shirt with the assault rifle on it and text that said "Keep Calm and Return Fire", whether its a military charity or whatever, it might be creepy to some to see that in a public place. It sucks to have to think that way, but that's a whole other (very political) discussion.

With all of that said, I think the park needs to be way more consistent with this policy as Ive seen shirts that I thought could have been offensive to some - like a dude I saw in the queue for Lantern a few months back with a shirt on that said "I DON'T GIVE A F*CK" in giant capital block letters. I'm not offended by much but I did wonder why was he not stopped @ the gate?

Apparently there's something like 4 or 5 Super Loops going to SF parks. Looks like there is a package with Larson.

Yeah there was a leak on another site.

Over Georgia - Jokers Chaos

White Water - Dive Bomber

Over Texas - Battle for Metropolis

Great America - 40 Seasons

Great Escape - Buccaneer Beach

Magic Mountain - Twisted Colossus

New England - Wicked Cyclone

Great Adventure - Looping Dragon

Fiesta Texas - Batman the Ride

Discovery Kingdom - Dare Devil Chaos

St. Louis - Battle for Metropolis

America - Bourbon Street Fireball

La Ronde - Maison Rouge

Mexico - Sky Screamer

The site also says that SFOG, SFGADV, SFA, and SFDK would be getting Super Loops. So Larson probably has a deal with SF.

By the way this is the link: http://coaster-net.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12905-six-flags-2015/

Interesting promotion by the park...

Apparently if you wear an NFL jersey you can get 30 minutes of ERT on select rides. According to Facebook those select rides are El Toro, The Log Flume and for some reason the Skyway even though nothing on the other side of the park is open for ERT so I guess you'd just ride it round trip.

I kind of wish I was around for this. As much as I love El Toro I couldn't pass up Log Flume ERT. lol

Interesting promotion by the park...

Apparently if you wear an NFL jersey you can get 30 minutes of ERT on select rides. According to Facebook those select rides are El Toro, The Log Flume and for some reason the Skyway even though nothing on the other side of the park is open for ERT so I guess you'd just ride it round trip.

I kind of wish I was around for this. As much as I love El Toro I couldn't pass up Log Flume ERT. lol

Thanks for mentioning, but your post is a little misleading as there is more to the promotion than you stated.

Join the NFL at Six Flags Great Adventure for NFL Tweens Father and Daughter Days, a celebration of the NFL Tweens/Juniors Apparel campaign with an exclusive ride time event BEFORE the park opens, just for fans!

The first 150 fathers and tween/junior daughters to arrive with valid park admission wearing licensed NFL apparel will receive an event wristband for early admittance into the park and exclusive access on select rides.* Participants will also have the opportunity to receive fun giveaways, games, and more! And don’t forget to wear your official NFL apparel available at NFLShop.com

Looping Dragon Roars into Six Flags

In 2015, Six Flags Great Adventure introduces its thirteenth roller coaster, Looping Dragon. Twenty riders sitting in “face-off” seats rocket forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction for even more thrills.

Looping Dragon joins the park’s Golden Kingdom section, which is home to the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, and the world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster, Kingda Ka.

Coming in Spring 2015! Looping Dragon is an utterly unique seven story tall looping steel coaster which towers over the Golden Kingdom section of the park.

You’ll face off against other riders in specially designed seats which bolt up and back the looped track like a pendulum, higher and higher until you’re suspended completely upside down in mid-air!

Then the Looping Dragon gains enough momentum to soar through a full 360 degree loop, again and again and again! The steel beast can even change directions, halfway through the loop!

This super-swift super-coaster stands tall next to Six Flags Great Adventure behemoths like Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro. But it will take super-sized courage to ride this Dragon!

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/looping-dragon/overview

looping_dragon_artist_rendering.thumb.jpg.cf1c7ebb8fb1650cb46f3ad21c423e75.jpg

looping_dragon_key_art.thumb.png.9d92cb6231adba5292bc3ded05dac6b4.png

Edited by robbalvey

While it is good they are using RT's old spot this is just a waste. It IS NOT a coaster but SFI is marketing all of them as a coaster. My last complaint is the placement. Shouldn't it be PDC themed? In the GK would've been a better placement option. And the announcement said nothing about namtaB

While it is good they are using RT's old spot this is just a waste. It IS NOT a coaster but SFI is marketing all of them as a coaster. My last complaint is the placement. Shouldn't it be PDC themed? In the GK would've been a better placement option. And the announcement said nothing about namtaB

Dragons (all at least the flying serpent) are much more prevalent in Mexican culture than African culture.

Although, the dragon image in this graphic is Asian.

Edited by larrygator

Dragons (all at least the flying serpent) are much more prevalent in Mexican culture than African culture.

Although, the dragon image in this graphic is Asian.

Well judging by the GPs comments on the parks FB post about it, they aren't fooled by this "coaster" marketing sham either.

So you're saying the GP got something right?!

I'm glad they are filling the spot of Rolling Thunder, but this does nothing to help the crowd balancing of the park. I'm still holding out for a "lake" coaster (assuming Jackson township loses the stick in their butt)