TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Club TPR is Coming in March!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Sorry to have Club TPR disappoint you guys. Disney is not involved. And there are no Belgium parks.

I think at this point I'm going to just remove the current list as it seems to be provoking more disappointment than anything else. I've been working SO HARD to get all these parks as it is, and it's just hard to keep seeing people's expectations aren't going to match what we have to offer.

The final list will be out on March 15th and I hope people aren't disappointed.

--Robb "I'm really working damn hard on this, I swear!!!!" Alvey

You are doing a fantastic job!!! I went to the Club TPR page this morning for a quick fix on any surprises and noticed that the hidden updates were gone. I'm sorry that people can't just be happy with the bits you were surprising us with and realize that full details will be here soon. Also...I have always been surprised there hasn't been any kind of a fee for TPR before now. So, I am ecstatic that you are working on such cool perks for us! I love discounts and special gimmicks, but more than anything I am happy to support the site and all of you that work so hard to make TPR what it is. Thanks again Robb! (and yeah...Disney doesn't give ANYTHING away...so no surprise there!!)

^ Sorry to have Club TPR disappoint you guys. Disney is not involved. And there are no Belgium parks.

I think at this point I'm going to just remove the current list as it seems to be provoking more disappointment than anything else. I've been working SO HARD to get all these parks as it is, and it's just hard to keep seeing people's expectations aren't going to match what we have to offer.

The final list will be out on March 15th and I hope people aren't disappointed.

--Robb "I'm really working damn hard on this, I swear!!!!" Alvey

Robb - your doing a great job, to be able to get any discount at all from any parks is an amazing thing, just goes to show the power that TPR have throughout the Amusement Industry, I am sure as Club TPR Grows, more and more parks may well hop on board!

I went to the Club TPR page this morning for a quick fix on any surprises and noticed that the hidden updates were gone. I'm sorry that people can't just be happy with the bits you were surprising us with and realize that full details will be here soon.

Yeah, I'm sorry Kerry. It was just that I was very excited to release some information for those who knew where to look, but the last few days it seemed like with every park or benefit I was excited about, that wasn't enough for some people and I kept seeing comments like "Oh, I haven't seen Park X on the list yet...I'm not joining unless I see Park X." or "Oh, I can't wait to see what Park X has to offer!"

And like, I know that those parks aren't currently on the list and instead of building excitement, that is going to build disappointment in people, and it adds additional frustration for me.

I think it will just be better to save everything for March 15th.

Thanks for understanding.

--Robb "It's kind of the same reasons why the snack song will not be played on any 2010 TPR trips." Alvey

Robb, thank you. I would honestly just attribute it to people being really excited by it and all its potential. This is a good thing and to be expected. You are managing expectations well I think by responding to everyone in a very honest way.

I think everyone needs to remember that this was started only a few months ago. Understanding how any club works, the charter/ founding year is generally a year of offering a few great things while giving an idea of many more great things and possibilities to come as the years progress and the club builds and matures. It takes years to develop a relationship with any partner. Knowing that, the list we have so far is exceptional given that the club hasn’t even launched yet and so many parks are willing to give it a chance. It's even cooler knowing that there could very well be more surprises for the actual launch. That speaks extremely highly of Robb and Elissa, without a doubt.

The rest will depend on how great we make it as members and how we conduct ourselves at each park, whether on the list or not in its founding year.

So with that, thanks for everything done so far, it’s going to be great based on what we’ve all seen. Hopefully everyone understands that, no matter how excited we all are and how crazy our imaginations get.

^ I agree

Well - I'll just have to sing it in my head

Looking forward to this Robb. You and Elissa do an excellent job with the trips, site, videos, etc... so I have absolutely no doubt that this will be just awesomeness on top of awesomeness with an extra side of plain white awesome.

david

--Robb "It's kind of the same reasons why the snack song will not be played on any 2010 TPR trips." Alvey

NOOOOOO!

Rob, Amy and I are so excited for the club and all of it's benefits! They are incredible. I think that for every 1 person that wishes their park would have gotten on board, there are ten of us that are more than happy with the list. Also, who says they may not change in the future. If ClubTPR is a huge success (It will be), that would be a great incentive for future parks to get on board. Your doing a great job, and I am more than happy to throw all my money at you!

Can't wait to see you all in a few days!!!!

Robb, I really want to thank you for all the work you put into Club TPR.

Disappointment is to be expected in any much anticipated launch, don't let it get you down! Even if there were no perks I could use, I'd still join to support you guys and be part of this awsome idea.

I can't wait to get my hands on a pass and pen!

--Waldo "I hate myself for not having enough free days to join you on a trip in 2010." Menkveld

Disappointment is to be expected in any much anticipated launch

Then perhaps the best thing to do is postpone the launch of Club TPR until I can put together something that more people will be satisfied with.

I'll be honest, the last thing I want to do after putting so much work into something over these last 4 months is work up to something that you say people expect to be disappointed with.

I do not feel right charging people money for something they are disappointed with.

--Robb "Perhaps this isn't what TPR needs..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Robb Alvey>Disney.

QFT. My fiancee likes theme parks as much as I do, but she really doesn't "get" why I enjoy TPR so much. I told her once either right before or right after the West Coast Trip, "The couple that runs TPR is kind of like the Walt and Roy Disney of the 21st century. Everything they do is quality upon quality upon quality, and just when you think it can't possibly get any better, out of nowhere they find a way make it better, and it just blows you away."

Club TPR is just one more way of making Theme Park Review even better than most of us thought it could possibly get. I don't care what parks are participating. I don't care what special merchandise comes with membership. I don't care what the card looks like. All I need to know is that Robb has announced that there will be a Club TPR, and he has said it will be awesome. And it's been my experience that his definition of "awesome" is almost always far, far superior to anything I can possibly imagine. So the complainers can do what they want; I'm buying in and not looking back.

^^Let's compare this to a brand new coaster opening. Everyone is all excited for the new ride, but when details and layouts are released some people start complaining. When the coaster finally opens it is up to each individual to form their own opinions about the ride. Sure, Club TPR won't appeal to everyone, but I know that there are tons of people here on Theme Park Review who are dying to join on day 1 for this unique coaster club. You have put so much work into Club TPR Robb and it can only grow from here. It would be a shame to quit now and disappoint people. I for one am very excited to see what Club TPR has in store for all of us!

Disappointment is to be expected in any much anticipated launch

Then perhaps the best thing to do is postpone the launch of Club TPR until I can put together something that more people will be satisfied with.

I'll be honest, the last thing I want to do after putting so much work into something over these last 4 months is work up to something that you say people expect to be disappointed with.

I do not feel right charging people money for something they are disappointed with.

--Robb "Perhaps this isn't what TPR needs..." Alvey

NOOO! Ignore the haters

You're doing an awesome job putting this together, Robb (& Elissa). You can never please everyone. I'm amazed that you have over 50 parks on board willing. to offer Club TPR members perks. How many perks does ACE offer? Maybe 10? I'm not putting down ACE because I am and will continue to be a member, but I'm just using that for comparison sake. As I mentioned previously, I initially had no intention of joining, but you've completely won me over. THANK YOU!!!

The only thing I am disappointed with are these selfish and ungrateful individuals complaining about every damn thing!

Robb, Elissa, and the moderators do SO much for all of us and many people on TPR just bitch and moan!

They do all they do for FREE and because they love theme parks and rollers coasters. I am baffled at how they can do so much ALL the time! I would be embarrassed to complain about ANYthing that they have done for me and my fellow enthusiasts.

Robb and Elissa, I want to say THANK YOU so much! I respect and admire what you do for us everyday. You both do what you do and raise a child! That is phenomenal! I can barely take care of myself, work full-time and go to school.

PLEASE relax and have a good time on the cruise and ignore all the negativity you are seeing on TPR.

I'll go with whatever choice you make Robb, as I've developed a sincere respect for your judgement, but I really hope that you don't put off launching Club TPR. My initial responses on the questionnaire about Club TPR had me thinking that I probably wouldn't join, but after you gave us just a little more background on what you had already been doing, in addition to what you were working on, I became genuinely excited about joining Club TPR. That was even before perks for any parks in my immediate area had been mentioned.

As others have said, it is absolutely amazing how much work you, Elissa, and the other great people that help you, do for the benefit of so many enthusiasts. I think the time is right for Club TPR and I know it will be great, because you won't allow it to be anything less. I'm also sure that it will get bigger and better with each passing year, but it's got to start somewhere. If you ask me, you're already off to a hell of a start and I can't really see a good reason not to go forward. If you're worried about disappointing a handful of people, don't be. Maybe not everyone will be on board right away, but I have a feeling it won't be long before many of those same people are regretting not having become charter members.

Respectfully, - Really looking forward to the March 15th launch of Club TPR! - Mechanic

Did I mention that we have the Busch Parks now signed up? Like ALL of the Busch Parks? Sorry... Sea World Parks and Entertainment. So add another 8 parks to that 50!

--Robb "Yeah, sorry, not Discovery Cove...but all the rest of them!" Alvey

Seriously Robb & Elissa,

58 Parks... Thats just too many.... How can someone expect to remember all these benefits? I'm definitely not joining unless you reduce the amount of parks to a number my short term memory is capable of remembering/understanding.

Chris "Is my card in the mail yet, please?" Con

Did I mention that we have the Busch Parks now signed up? Like ALL of the Busch Parks? Sorry... Sea World Parks and Entertainment. So add another 8 parks to that 50!

--Robb "Yeah, sorry, not Discovery Cove...but all the rest of them!" Alvey

Wow! Just amazing! Every time something else gets added I expect Billy Mays to leap from his cocaine induced grave and give you a big, wet, sloppy kiss in adoration.

About Club TPR, I have a question. Are we going to sign up for it via the TPR store & pay pal or is there going to be some sort of printable sheet that we fill out, and send in with payment?

Guy "March 15th is like the new December 25th! It can not get here fast enough!" Koepp

About Club TPR, I have a question. Are we going to sign up for it via the TPR store & pay pal or is there going to be some sort of printable sheet that we fill out, and send in with payment?

You will sign up online via the Club TPR page. You can either pay via PayPal or print out the order confirmation page and send in a check/money order or cash.

I'm ready to take your money!

--Robb