TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

I love cruising and Star Wars. This is going to be hard to resist, as it's so me. I found Star Wars days at WDW so packed and chaotic. This will be busy, but more much manageable and easy going. Celebrities on the ship too! Turning the Night club into the Cantina would actually get me down there. Unfortunately, as expected, the already pricey Disney cruise is even more for these sailings.

^Three words. Italian Justice System. He's not even going to jail now as they work on his appeal. And he's still sticking to the story that he "fell into a lifeboat". WTF!?!?!?

What still boggles my mind is how he can say he fell into a lifeboat when the discussions between him and the Coast Guard were recorded and the Coast Guard is telling him to get back on his ship!

So Frozen is finally coming to the real Norway. Should have been a bit further south on the Norwegian west coast if you ask me...

During Disney Cruise Line’s 2015 Norwegian Fjords sailings, guests will have an opportunity to take part in Norway adventures alongside the famous characters from “Frozen.”

From June to August 2015, the Disney Magic returns to Europe, visiting the Norwegian Fjords and Iceland for the first time. Guests can explore Viking history, local cultures, and take part in some “Frozen” festivities.

Anna, Elsa and Kristoff will join Disney Cruise Line guests in Ålesund, their first appearance in the real-world country. Guests will visit the Sunnmøre Open Air Museum to meet the sisters and Kristoff.

Guests will then have a chance to dance to local musicians and sample Norwegian foods.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/photos/photos-frozen-heads-to-norway-the-real-country-not-epcot-in-new-disney-cruise-line-port-adventures/

Isn't this Carnival's 2nd privately owned port?

http://cruisefever.net/0218-new-cruise-port-amber-cove-scheduled-to-open-in-2015/

New Cruise Port Amber Cove Scheduled to Open in 2015

FEBRUARY 18, 2015 BY BEN SOUZA LEAVE A COMMENT

There is good new for cruisers who are looking for a new port to visit in the Caribbean. Amber Cove, a port in the Dominican Republic where portions of the original Jurassic Park movie was filmed, is scheduled to open in October 2015.

Carnival Corporation is spending $85 million to develop Amber Cove along the Dominican’s Amber Coast. This two berth port will be able to accommodate the largest cruise ships owned by Carnival Corp. and the port is expected to be visited by 250,000 cruise passengers in the first year of operation.

Amber Cove, the gateway to Puerto Plata, will be visited by AIDA Cruises, Carnival Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, Cunard, Holland America Line, and P&O Cruises (UK). This will be the first time since the 1980s that this area will be regularly visited by cruise ships.

The first cruise ship that will call on Amber Cove will be the Carnival Victory on October 6, 2015. Other Carnival cruise ships that will port in Amber Cove will be the Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Valor, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Conquest, and Carnival Breeze.

Giora Israel, the senior vice president of global port and destination development for Carnival Corporation gave the following statement:

“There are several markets that are becoming increasingly important to the cruise industry, but today the Caribbean is the single largest share of our business.

We are constantly looking for new ways for our guests to enjoy their cruise experience, and it is always exciting to add new destinations to our itineraries, especially in the Caribbean where many of our passengers have been before.

We are confident that our guests will love visiting Amber Cove, which we believe will quickly become a very popular port of call for our guests. And because Amber Cove is easily accessible, it will give our guests a convenient gateway to the Puerto Plata region, which is spectacular. And importantly, Amber Cove will allow us to offer our guests a new option in our Caribbean itineraries.”

The port will feature a variety of retail offerings on a waterfront welcome center. There will also be a Dominican marketplace for souvenirs, crafts, and food and beverage establishments.

There will be roughly 40 shore excursions available that will included everything from beaches and water sports to adventure and cultural options. Ocean World is one of the region’s largest marine adventure parks and will allow cruise passengers to interact with a variety of marine animals.

Other Carnival brands are scheduled to make their debut at Amber Cove starting on November 22 with Cunard’s Queen Mary 2. Following the Queen Mary 2 will be P&O Cruises’ Azura on December 5, AIDAvita on December 11, Costa Deliziosa on December 31, and ms Eurodam on January 19, 2016.

- See more at: http://cruisefever.net/0218-new-cruise-port-amber-cove-scheduled-to-open-in-2015/#sthash.yLQ5a7Lj.dpuf

Hi everyone! Been a while since I posted here, but my family and I will be taking a three-day cruise on the Disney Dream in Mid-March. What are some of the must-do things on the ship?

Three days is pretty short, you'll be running around like crazy! Obviously it depends on what you like, but the water slide is pretty popular as are some of the up charge meals. If you're into characters get their early as lots of people will be packing in since there's not as many opportunities to see them all.

Here are a couple more photos. Interesting seeing a slide complex on a Royal Caribbean Ship.

Responding to market trends and customers, I'm sure.

In other news, Viking has announced it's entering the Mississippi River cruising business:

The company says it is beginning the process of building six boats each capable of handling up to 300 passengers. The cruises won't begin until 2017.

This is after that American Cruise Lines announced a second vessel to be based out of New Orleans and there's American Steamboat that's based in Memphis. Memphis is sure happy that 4 ships will be calling on it's new Beale St. Landing.

Of course, us ride fanatics think it's missing something

^It's definitely better than the other lines, but I'm hoping that yellow slide becomes another shade of blue. Anyone notice that it looks like one of the slides has a cool clear section going over Central Park!?!?
I just noticed the clear section you are talking about! That is awesome! Glad you pointed it out!