TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Its amazing to see how much concrete has been used on this ride and to think thats the park will be able to cover it all with what I'm sure will be top quality theming.

...which will likely also be made from concrete.

So we finally know more on the lay-out, a few pieces more to be exact.

You know I never thought I would like to see a construction site that was this messy, I mean things are going on everywhere and we're not seeing half of it thanks to limited photo's available. But that is why I'm the most exited for this construction, it's just so much hard work that is put into this and it makes me exited to see how they plan to hide all this concrete. Not knowing the final lay-out is also very satisfying, because now I can look at all the placed track and just use my imagination on how that will all fit on each other.

If they made a Discover Channel documentary about the construction of this ride, this is the point where they would go "If they cannot get the support fixed and have the ride ready by opening day, the entire XXX million euros investment could go to waste".

Fortunately this is being built in the real world and will be solved without any problems or drama....

Edited by viking86

Trimbrakes shown up.

11695527_852511954842531_9059897394625622764_n.jpg?oh=cadff7c07007f057eafafa75c6913abd&oe=5624C8B0

source

Still impressed by the fact that what we know still could be connected so many ways, also the supports make the fantasy complete.

^^^^ Such shame to see that during such a big project. I'm sure the Gerstlauer Smiler fix will work just fine, just cut the connector of and replace it.

Wont they just extend on the base of the footer already poured? Seems like an "easier" fix at this stage in construction

There a lot of ways to fix this. But with us not knowing ANYTHING about the actual construction site, we really cant even guess what might be easiest. It might be easiest to chop the top off the support, and put on a new top thats kinked and fits perfectly.

How did I not know of this? This ride looks absolutely incredible!

The most exciting part of this ride is the insane amount of crossovers, for me at least.

Also, I like the black track, there aren't enough black coasters out there.

Wont they just extend on the base of the footer already poured? Seems like an "easier" fix at this stage in construction

There a lot of ways to fix this. But with us not knowing ANYTHING about the actual construction site, we really cant even guess what might be easiest. It might be easiest to chop the top off the support, and put on a new top thats kinked and fits perfectly.

Just look at the size of the track and the number of supports. I guess what they are trying to do here is minimalize supports and use really long track elements. I bet the missaligment we see here will be fixed in a couple of days. There was a similar situation when the biggest overbanked turn on the other side was installed, but it was fixed a few weeks later. Seeing that support, my best bet is, that the last part of the support was screwed in wrong. Turn the last part a few inches (i.e. one hole more on the support) and everything fits. With RCS working on the coaster I am 100% sure that everything will turn out perfect.

Plus, I need to say that the photos do not really show the size of the coaster. The coaster is huge, the tunnels are huge, and there is a lot more of it to come. When I saw it in person yesterday I was totally blown away by the size. This thing will be something special, something that was never seen at any theme park in the world. It looks to me like they took Maverick, adjusted the layout and then put a theming around it that would rival Universal or Disney. This "thing" and wildfire will be the two big coaster highlights of Europe for a few years to come. No doubt about that.

..Seeing that support, my best bet is, that the last part of the support was screwed in wrong. Turn the last part a few inches (i.e. one hole more on the support) and everything fits...

Since said support has two beams coming from the ground meeting at the top segment before the track, I think its safe to say they can't just spin it. There was a mistake somewhere along the line, whether it be where the footer was poured, or what the plans said the position of the support would be.

What they can do, is just spin the top part of the support. Thats quite visible from all the photos we have seen. When I was there I thought it was already connected since the whole site is so huge that such a small misalignment is barely noticeable. I am quite sure that the whole construction will work out fine..

^No they can't, the second beam attaches to the TOP of the support. That is one "piece" of that support structure; the track connector, and the "a-shape" of the two columns connecting. It would be impossible to spin it, and have both beams still meet with their respective footers.

Just worked on a top view of the construction site to actually see more of the lay-out then we do now. Okay fair I try my best but this is 95% accurate:

11214048_901152689957883_3457740600946468065_n.jpg?oh=badaca2bcd48c5477ed5057063e03fba&oe=5659847B

Dark yellow: Brakes, Storage, Station, turn before and the first launch.

Yellow: All track work between launch 1 and 2. So the overbanked turn coming out of the launch and the turns before the second are the only things sure now.

Red: Second launch to brakes. So just the second launch and the overbanked turn following and the final turn into the brakes are red.

Pink: Unknown track segments. So the overbanked turn going over the end of launch one and the helix like figure with the trims are two parts of this ride we don't know whetter they belong to the first segment (yellow) of the ride or the second (red).

Green: They build a tunnel there not track (yet).

So many things to see for sure.

They keep on building, for now they're adding track pieces that are behind the second launch.

They made a nice S curve after we reached the top of the second launch, most likely this is a point we can have a nice look around for like some little seconds.

Here we bank almost 90 degrees before taking a plunge.