TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

Look at them as a company. It is piss poor. We all make fun of them. Even the general public does. They are lucky to have mad eit out of bankruptcy and still be operating...uhhhh

Actually, they are doing well. They have turned around quite a bit over the past few years. Coaster enthusiests love to hate on the park chain. I'm not sure about the general public hating on them, as they are buying up six flags memberships like crazy.

To be honest, we have had more fun at six flags parks this year than cedar fair parks. So much, that we have spent a lot more time at six flags than cedar fair for the first time that I can remember.

I gotta be honest...The handfull of times we went to cedarpoint this year were a let down. Everything from the slow moving food lines(and closed locations), to the overselling of fast lanes. We have even ran into a bunch of rude employees. Not to mention that there is a lot more that our family can enjoy together at six flags. You have to be a giant to enjoy most of cedarfairs rides.

With that being said, six flags does have a couple of crap parks too...Just like cedarfair.

My original comment was based on the fact they were lucky to survive their bankruptcy, and I don't think they going forward this will be a good move for them. I think it would most likely cause them to go down the same road as before. I never said they haven't been profitable lately. I am glad they are, but taking over cedar fair at the price of 3.5 billion (lowered with stock value) would most definitely hurt them in the long run in my opinion.

This news honestly shocked me. In the middle of building their new international parks, I wouldn't have expected another big move from Six Flags this soon. But what do I know, this is why I'm not a businessperson.

I'm not sure what "stock and trade" means, but with this being a merger of some sorts, I wonder if the changes wouldn't be so dramatic as some of us are assuming. I don't imagine that Six Flags is jumping at toning down Knott's Scary Farm given how successful it is, or dramatically messing with Cedar Point for the same reasons. However, this could be very good for parks like MIA that have been largely ignored by CF but might get some love with Six Flags influence.

Overall, I guess there's nothing we can do but see what happens. I haven't heard that CF is doing particularly poorly, so I don't think they would move forward on this unless it could somehow be mutually beneficial.

Even though I doubt this will go through, it is terrifying to think about. I have SO MUCH more fun at every Cedar Fair park I go to than any Six Flags park. They are so much better run. Faster, more efficient food service, better food in general, major rides are actually open and run at near or full capacity in peak summer, and a better atmosphere overall.

If some smaller parks like Valleyfair, WOF, or MiA are let go from Cedar Fair (which I still don't think would happen), I wouldn't care too much. But if Six Flags even TOUCHES Cedar Point or Knott's Berry Farm..... I think even the most mild and casual enthusiasts would be upset.

Alright, alright, alright... This isn't solely directed at you thrillseeker4552^^, but I've seen this brought up quite a few times in the last 24 hours and I have to ask since when in the hell has Cedar Fairs food been any good? Other than Knotts I have never heard anyone rave about food at a Cedar Fair park and I have never had any noteworthy food @ a CF park other than the Chickies @ Dorney (and thats just because I love crab fries), and the food trucks at Kings Dominion this last weekend where we got some of the best damn BBQ I've ever had.

Am I missing something?

Busch, Dollywood, Knoebels yes, great food. Even the food we had at SWO was above average. But I certainly don't think Cedar Fair parks = good food. (Not that SFs food is better but this has been giving me a chuckle that people keep bringing up the food thing throughout this whole fiasco).

^ I think the good thing about Cedar Fair is that they do pull in some local places and chains. Like the Melt at Cedar Point is fantastic and I do like Auntie Anne's. But as a whole the generic food places are as good (or bad) as Six Flags.

Alright, alright, alright... This isn't solely directed at you thrillseeker4552^^, but I've seen this brought up quite a few times in the last 24 hours and I have to ask since when in the hell has Cedar Fairs food been any good?

Cedar Fair's made some strides here hiring executive chefs at parks and bringing in brands like Melt and Chickie and Pete's, as well as the food truck thing. I can't think of any unique foods at Six Flags parks that are still there (I suppose they have Pink Thing flavored ice cream at Texas), but can think of Cheese on a Stick, Blue ice Cream, or Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches. I don't really want to see them then go backwards then and remove those types of things from the park. Taking Melt out of Cedar Point now would be criminal.

Even though I doubt this will go through, it is terrifying to think about. I have SO MUCH more fun at every Cedar Fair park I go to than any Six Flags park. They are so much better run. Faster, more efficient food service, better food in general, major rides are actually open and run at near or full capacity in peak summer, and a better atmosphere overall.

If some smaller parks like Valleyfair, WOF, or MiA are let go from Cedar Fair (which I still don't think would happen), I wouldn't care too much. But if Six Flags even TOUCHES Cedar Point or Knott's Berry Farm..... I think even the most mild and casual enthusiasts would be upset.

I couldn't tell you how many times steel veng, mav, millennium, and dragster have been down over the course of this season. And the food service at cedarfair is horrendous! The food is sub par, and the lines move at a snails pace. The food at six flags is not much better, but it's not really fair to say one is better than the other. I can say that the food servers at six flags have been much better than cedar fair though. We ate at primos pizza at sfog, and had about 10 people in front of us in line.It was amazing...we didn't wait more than 5 min and the crews were on top of things. The service was so good, I even made a trip over to guest services to tell them about it.

six flags does have a few chain restaurants in the park.Off the top of my head, Johnny rockets and big lou's italian beef are 2 that come to mind. They used to have panda express, but are turning them into chop six....and the food is actually really good there. Don't they even have a Mc'donalds at a six flags park as well?

I have to be honest, I am kinda amused at the cp fanboys crying about this. The problem is that enthusiasts think that the parks only cater to them.

Not trying to dig into you, but what do you mean by better atmosphere? I would rather look at some landscaping and theming, than cement and garbage cans.

20170704_154151.thumb.jpg.c9fc2da90eedb3ddbaf4375907cf9855.jpg

What is wrong with six flags atmosphere?

447350672_101_0269(Medium).jpg.f1e95b09ca3a915a608efaa45471fe63.jpg

Compared to this?

100_2590.thumb.jpg.68dfc7b03abb956491660b996ef52788.jpg

six flags...

336065058_102_8148(Medium).jpg.8530ad2f6bf9f0a74ac87fb7c4a8124c.jpg

meh....

... alright I agree about that second part.

I think the most amazing thing about la Ronde is that since we went and hated it, they removed their best ride not named Goliath, demolished a coaster for an overgrown field, removed another coaster and now they're in the process of adding the worst roller coaster in North America to their park. The park might actually be worse now!

Iron Dragon has Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth presented by Snickers written all over it.

Kidding aside, I've had a good time at Six Flags parks lately, but under no circumstances do I want Cedar Point or Knott's in particular to be touched by anyone. And in my books, Peanuts > Bugs.

DAE remember when Cedar Fair acquired the Paramount parks and everyone complained about it?

"Oh my god, they renamed Top Gun to Flight Deck"

"Oh my god, they renamed Drop Zone to Drop Tower"

And gee, it sure would suck to have 1 season pass for every major park outside of FL/CA that's not owned by Busch or Hershend.

But here's the great news for everyone complaining about something that hasn't happened yet and might not;

You don't have to go!

Believe it or not, nobody is forcing you to visit any parks. Think Six Flags will ruin Cedar Point? Fine, don't go. One less person in line in front of me for whatever they potentially rename Millennium Force to.

Okay, I'll take my contrarian hat off now

DAE remember when Cedar Fair acquired the Paramount parks and everyone complained about it?

"Oh my god, they renamed Top Gun to Flight Deck"

"Oh my god, they renamed Drop Zone to Drop Tower"

And gee, it sure would suck to have 1 season pass for every major park outside of FL/CA that's not owned by Busch or Hershend.

But here's the great news for everyone complaining about something that hasn't happened yet and might not;

You don't have to go!

Believe it or not, nobody is forcing you to visit any parks. Think Six Flags will ruin Cedar Point? Fine, don't go. One less person in line in front of me for whatever they potentially rename Millennium Force to.

Okay, I'll take my contrarian hat off now