TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Fair Corporate Development Discussion Thread (FUN)

As an employee, I hate this. I really enjoy Pepsi & hate Coke with a passion.

Well, your employer, and every major theme park chain in the country disagree with you. So deal with it.

And I really, really, really, really doubt that "many employees as well as season pass holders are in agreement" and here's why.... it's soda.

--Robb "Guess you'll just have to go work at Hersheypark now..." Alvey

I know I don't have a choice in this matter. I have known about this change for quite some time but could not say anything for obvious reasons. I just wanted to pass along the grumblings I am hearing from the people I deal with all the time. I know the employees don't matter, but guests do, & I see them selling even less soda than they do now. Unless prices change, which I doubt.

Your comments are just really obnoxious. You're suggesting that guests are going to stop buying soda at the park because it's Coke and not Pepsi. Well, you're wrong. Really, really, really wrong. You're only saying this because you're searching for some sort of mythical justification to hate it because you don't like Coke. It's blatantly obvious, and incredibly lame.

So there, you've been called out on it...now just stop.

Thank you.

--Robb "It's just freakin' soda..." Alvey

Robb,

I am not being obnoxious about this. I am just relaying what I hear in the park. As for the comment that they will sell less soda, that's just speculation on my part. I haven't crunched the numbers or anything like that. Not trying to be lame. But they are selling the souvenir cups for half price now, so I would expect prices to increase next year as they usually do. And to make a comparison, we have a professional baseball stadium sponsored by Coke in the direct vicinity that does take local business from the park. I cannot imagine that people who go to the park either on a season pass or just once a season will be willing to pay substantial more for the same product. This is a loss for this park. As for the Chain, it may be a better option, but it is definitely not good for this park.

Terrance "Just trying to say my peace" Ghares

Are people just looking for things to complain about? This won't have any impact on soda sales. Most people will drink whatever the park has even if they have a preference. If they really hate regular coke, they'll pick another coke product to drink. Nobody is going to walk around thirsty all day because they don't like the soda being served.

^Exactly. Although I prefer Coke products, I'll drink Pepsi products in a pinch (even though Sprite is much better than Sierra Mist)--in fact, for years at BGW, that was all you could get. Although I haven't "crunched the numbers" either, I haven't noticed any diminishment in in the number of people getting refills for souvenir cups since the chain switched to Coke.

Edited by cfc

This is a loss for this park.

Do you not realize how batshit crazy it sounds when you say this about a SODA?

I'm just letting you know how it sounds to other people, that's all....

EDIT: And this perfectly worded post below is why it sounds batshit crazy when you say how much of an impact a change of soda will have on Dorney Park....

This won't have any impact on soda sales. Most people will drink whatever the park has even if they have a preference. If they really hate regular coke, they'll pick another coke product to drink. Nobody is going to walk around thirsty all day because they don't like the soda being served.
Edited by robbalvey

How does the new Coke contract impact contract with food vendors like Panda Express? Panda is a Pepsi serving restaurant. Does this mean the in park Panda Express has to serve Coke or would they still have Pepsi since that is who their contract is with?

^^^I'd imagine it just depends on the operating agreement with Panda Express. The Panda Express in CityWalk at Universal Orlando serves Pepsi in an otherwise Coke-filled resort. The location is a part of a food court with the Whopper Bar and Moe's, both of which serve Coke products despite Panda Express still serving Pepsi.

^They have started popping up all over town as well, we even have 3 in Reno! You can find ones near you HERE. Just put in your zip code. I really am glad that they are changing over to Coke. I will honestly buy more soda when it's Coke, especially with the Freestyle machines. Now if only Coke would bring Real Gold over from Japan!

I haven't had the chance of trying a freestyle machine but I'm going to SFMM soon. Hopefully I can find one so I can know why everyone talks so highly about them.

Peach Fanta FTW!

Thanks for making my mouth water in thirst

Having never done a Freestyle soda machine before, I'm pretty excited to try one out!

I haven't had the chance of trying a freestyle machine but I'm going to SFMM soon. Hopefully I can find one so I can know why everyone talks so highly about them.

Peach Fanta FTW!

Peach fanta sounds really good! How would I make that drink when I encounter the machine? Is there a peach soda stand alone option that I combine with fanta? I'm very intrigued by this!